Speed WWYT

E

EricBess

I wanted to try something a bit different. I am going to post 3 questions. In addition, everyone playing is allowed to post up to 2 additional questions (this is optional). Note that I will still be taking ALL responses, so PM responses to me, not to the person posting the question. Remember, that for best results, questions should be a list of 3-5 items. Since new questions may be added, you can PM me additional responses, but please put the question number in your PM. For example, if you are just answering my questions, then your PM could be titled "WWYT 1-3" This will help me sort things out. Since there is only 1 "round", I will post all results after all particupants have responded to all questions.

1. List the 3 people that you feel are most likely to win this game.

2. List 5 movies that will be opening in theaters no earlier than 2009.

3. List 5 unusual fruit.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
So for your question 1, we just send you three names? Or still five names? I ask because I've only played this game with lists of five...

B

BigBlue

4. List 3 US Presidents from the 19th Century (1800's).

EDIT: Oh.... I get to add 2 questions. :)

5. List 5 Musicians closely associated w/ the Blues.

E

EricBess

Spiderman;275362 said:
So for your question 1, we just send you three names? Or still five names? I ask because I've only played this game with lists of five...
Yes, 3 names. Since there is a limited group to choose from, a list of 5 would really be too many.

E

EricBess

BTW - It is not cheating in this game to use the Internet. The point isn't to get the "right" answer, but to try to get the answers everyone else gave also. I for one would never be able to answer BB's questions on my own.

In general, you probably will do better if you do not use the Internet (because you are getting the "intuitive" answers), but if that's the only way to fill in answers, that's okay.

turgy22

Nothing Special
How are we going to know when all the participants have offered their questions?

And here are mine:

6) List 5 automobile manufacturers

7) List 5 states in the USA

E

EricBess

Based on who submits questions and who submits responses, I'll PM people if they have anything missing before posting results. I suspect the entire process will take around a week and a half.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
My questions

8. List 3 "bird" movies (movies with bird names).

9. List 5 US presidents who served w/out a vice-president.

D

DarthFerret

12. List 5 forklift manufacturers

13. List 5 web search engines

E

EricBess

Some of these questions are a bit abstract... A few people haven't contributed questions and a lot of people haven't submitted answers. I think people might be waiting until all of the questions are in, so I'm going to put a time limit for submitting questions. All questions must be added by the end of the year.

BTW - adding questions is optional. If you only want to add one, or don't want to add any at all, you can still participate. Just make sure that all responses go to me as moderator and not to the people adding the questions.

Spidey - could you sticky?

E

EricBess

Yes, answer your own questions as well. Technically, I could participate as long as I created my lists before looking at anyone else's...but I just don't have that much willpower :D

E

EricBess

Okay, no more questions may be added. If you haven't submitted lists for some of the questions yet, go ahead and do so.

E

EricBess

Okay, on 5 people participated and there is one small correction I should wait for, but I'm just going to go ahead and post the results that I can...

1. List the 3 people that you feel are most likely to win this game.
Spiderman (4)
turgy (3)
BigBlue (3)

1 each for: DarthFerret, Mooseman, TomB, Ransac, and rokapoke. No, Mooseman didn't put himself, but DF did :D

turgy (10) - 5 pts
DarthFerret (8) - 3 pts
BigBlue (8) - 3 pts
Spidey (8) - 3 pts
Mooseman (5) - 0 pts

E

EricBess

2. List 5 movies that will be opening in theaters no earlier than 2009.
Star Trek (4)
Harry Potter 6 (3)
X-Men Legends: Wolverine (2)

Lots of 1-pointers: Fast and Furious 4, Watchmen, GI Joe, Rise of Lycans, Spiderman 4, Ironman 2, The Hobbit, Nick Fury, The Avengers, Wonder Woman, The Spirit, Transformers 2, Night at the Museum 2, Terminator Salvation

BigBlue (10) - 5 pts
Mooseman (10) - 5 pts
DarthFerret (8) - 2 pts
Spidey (8) - 2 pts
turgy (7) - 0 pts

Running Total:

BigBlue - 8
Mooseman - 5
DarthFerret - 5
Spidey - 5
turgy - 5

E

EricBess

3. List 5 unusual fruit.
Kiwi (4)
Pineapple (2)
Mango (2)
Kumquat (2)

Again, lots of 1-pointers. I think people tried to overthink this instead of going with fruit they knew that was a bit unusual: Honeydew, Mulberry, Persimmon, Star Fruit, Pomegranate, Dragon Fruit, Passionfruit, Ugli, Carambola, Breadfruit, Boisenberry, Plantain, Maranon, Japanese Quince, Salmon Berry

turgy (10) - 5 pts
Mooseman (9) - 3 pts
Spidey (9) - 3 pts
BigBlue (8) - 1 pts
DarthFerret (7) - 0 pts

Running Total:

turgy - 10
BigBlue - 9
Mooseman - 8
Spidey - 8
DarthFerret - 5

E

EricBess

4. List 3 US Presidents from the 19th Century (1800's).
US Grant (4)
Abraham Lincoln (4)
Andrew Jackson (3)

1-pointers: Tyler, Bucanon, Van Buren, Jefferson

turgy (11) - 5 pts
Spidey (11) - 5 pts
BigBlue (11) - 5 pts
DarthFerret (9) - 1 pts
Mooseman (3) - 0 pts

Running Total:

turgy - 15
BigBlue - 14