WWYT - Round 8 Results

E

EricBess

Just waiting for a couple of final responses. I've PMed them and will give them another day to respond. I can tell you that currently, Melkor is winning the question, but there is a 3-way tie for second place with only 3 responses in common, so a couple more lists could shake that up pretty good.

M

Modus Pwnens

Good, I hope nobody else submits, that should get me some points :D

E

EricBess

Okay, Ransac is pretty busy, so he has asked that we move on without him, but I did receive the other response, so I'll go ahead and post results now.

Everyone but one person got the top two responses, unfortunately, only 6 of the 8 got it "right" since everyone knows who the better captain was... ;) Answers after that were much more varied.

America - 8
Kirk - 8
Picard - 6
Hook - 4
Morgan - 3
Crunch - 2
Blackbeard - 2
Jack Sparrow - 2
Ahab - 2
Kangeroo - 2

And the 1-point list isn't too long this time:
Silver, Balbosa, Bligh, Sisay, Drake, Marvel

To be honest, I was expecting the final list to knock turgy out of the points since he was part of the 3-way tie and was the only one that had submitted a 1-point answer. However, since the final list doubled up on his 1-point answer, it bumped him up instead of down and we have come to the end of our little game.

Melkor - 28 (5)
turgy22 - 28 (5)
BigBlue - 27 (2)
train - 27 (2)
Mooseman - 26
rokapoke - 26
Modus Pwnens - 23
Spiderman - 21
BudgetPlayerCadet - 9

And the final scores:
running total:
turgy22 - 29 *** Congratulations you generic thinker you ***
Melkor - 16 - nice move at the end, taking 2nd
Mooseman - 13
rokapoke - 12
BigBlue - 10
Spiderman - 8
DarthFerret - 5
train - 5
Ransac - 4
Budget Player Cadet - 1
Modus Pwnens - 0

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Why? It's a laugh.... kind of lets you learn what others think....
This is the first time I even came close to the top.... usually I'm in last place or close to it.....

Great job Turgy...... You are the everyman..... an ordinary Joe......

turgy22

Nothing Special
Wow. I thought for sure Captain Crunch would be more popular than Morgan. I guess I don't quite have everyone figured out yet.

Good game, everyone, and thanks Mooseman. Although I wouldn't quite call myself the everyman since I rarely answer with the first things that pop into my head. It's more about figuring out what everyone else is going to say than coming up with your own beliefs.

B

BigBlue

I figured for sure, someone on a magic site would go with Sisay....

Captain Hook never even occured to me...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
BigBlue said:
Captain Hook never even occured to me...
It did to me 10 milliseconds after I sent my answers in...... ugh.......

And nobody put in Caveman...... I almost did.......

B

BigBlue

I looked back at my submission...

I actually listed Sisay & Kangaroo on my "Did not make my top 5 list..."

It was Captain Sparrow, so I'll remember this as the day I almost caught captain Sparrow.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Congrats turgy22!

Man, usually I am more in "tune" with everyone else. Must have been the questions ;)

T

train

I thought I had put Sisay also... but don't remember...

I will say congrats to all... a few more rounds, and my consistent improvement could have taken second...

E

EricBess

train said:
I thought I had put Sisay also... but don't remember...
You did. BigBlue only mentioned it as an "alternate" that he thought would do well.