What is your favorite all time utility creature?

E

evan d

Floral spuzzem. It is the most useful.

1. Confuse the opponet.

2. Tell dirty jokes.

3. Make the opponent wonder what is happening when all my lands are snow coverd and tapped to play it. Especially if they are playing blue.

4. Beating someone with spuzzem, a 20/20 spuzzem.

Killer Joe

When I think of "utility creatures" I think of Man-'o-War, Flametongue Kavu, Uktabi Orangutan, Graverobber or Cloudchaser Eagle.

So if those fit the question then mine has to be Mystic Snake, I love counter magic and the creature is a bonus!

L

Limited

My vote goes to Dimir House Guard.. 2/3 for four mana, Transmute, Fear and a sacrifice outlet..

And great art.. (as someone once said, it looks like it came straight out of Ice Age)

T

TheUglyKnight

Someone mentioned it earlier, but I don't think our boy Krosan Tusker really got enough air time in here. I mean Rampant growth plus draw a card should be 3G right? nope its 2G on this sexy beast AND its not useless if you're manaflooded either.

L

Limited

Krosan Tusker is a great card, but paying three mana to search for a land and drawing a land can't be compared to Rampant Growth because that puts that land into play.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think they both have their uses, but most likely you'll be using the Tusker's ability at the end of your opponent's turn while you have to use the Growth on your turn, so either way, the land's going in play at some point :) It just depends if you have all of your mana available with the Tusker and/or if you're tapped out after you use the Growth.

H

Homestar

I may have the total wrong idea here but for creature enchants i kinda like Curiosity. Maybe Viridian Shaman.

Killer Joe

It's HOMESTAR!!!!! Wazzzup, Homes!?!

In some decks I've built i've ran both Rampant Growth and Krosan Tusker. And now I've replaced Rampant Growth with the snake dude (I can't think of his name right, the 1/1 for 1 and green) :confused:

N

Notepad

The nice thing I really liked about Krosan Tusker was that he was uncounterable instant land search. I can't tell you how many times (back in the day, before current stupid "casual" rules) I had Harrow countered after sacrificing my land. A great card, but counter can really turn you off to using such risky searching. Better to be sure and use a Krosan. At least as a backup. Though that didn't last too long. Sakura-Tribe EldAr is certainly nicer by a longshot.

N

Notepad

Just the ones that make the casual room a joke in MTGO. Actually, they make MTGO a joke. Apparently casual on MTGO is supposed to be two games of solitaire where you build up to the fastest infinite mana engine or something.

The rules I'm referring to are:
-No LD
-No burn
-No counters
-No discard
-No blue
-No islands
-No rares
-No instants
-No interaction
-No anything that interrupts your opponents from doing anything but sitting and building up for a turn nine Craw Wurm or something equally pathetic.

I've honestly had people drop when I played something as pathetic as Wizard Replica. "NO COUTNERS!!!! DIRTY CHEATARZZZ!!!!1!11one" whatever

L

Limited

OMG! You have teh Wizard Replica?! Thats almost like a real wizard!

That is probably why I don't play MTGO.. ;)

D

DarthFerret

Me either. I tried it, and played an artifact (dont remeber which, but it let me see my opponents top card, remove it from play, and play it as my own I think....) and this guy called me a noob. He also abandoned the game. He was acting all pissed. I laughed and laughed......

Plus, I distrust anything online where anyone with a little knowledge can hack thier way to a win. (or to a full card set without paying for it....)

L

Limited

DarthFerret said:
Plus, I distrust anything online where anyone with a little knowledge can hack thier way to a win. (or to a full card set without paying for it....)
Is that really possible?

D

DarthFerret

I am sure it is. pretty much anything is possible. They could be using some type of bank/credit fraud to purchase the cards they want, or I am sure that some people out there have figured out a way to hack the site. I personally cannot hack my way out of a paper bag, but when I was trying out a Neopets site for my nieces and nephews, someone there hacked my account (I got lucky and was on one of the kids sites at the time, caught them at it, and was able to transfer most of my aquired items and money to one of the kids accounts before they got too much stuff, but still it was annoying.).

I assume that there are people out there that will hack anything, just as there are people out there that try to "make" thier own magic cards and then sell them on ebay or some similar site.

V

Venton

BUMP!

I read this whole thread and nobody mentioned Tim?
Prodigal Sorceror iz teh r0xXoRz!!111

Actually, I was going to add my .02 for Nekretal. I used to play a lot of black and I always ran at least a couple in a deck. Of course if your opponent is also playing black it kind of sucks.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Nobody listed Tim? I call for an immediate trail to execute anyone that posted on this thread prior to Venton!

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Tim as the favorite all-time utility creature? Um, yeah... somehow, I don't think he fits the bill.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Regardless, on this site, he should been suggested long ago. My call still stands.

Ransac, cpa trash man