What is your favorite all time utility creature?

T

train

SeFRo - I hope you didn't find that personally offensive... and if so, are you a Merfolk or Wizard?...

"This is your first warning..."
Can I have another... and another... and another please...

C

chocobo_cid

Originally posted by mythosx
speaking of djinns...any one figure out how to use or break sulimann's legacy?
I want to say Unnatural Selection, but I doubt that that would work. If it does, it's too easy.;)

M

mythosx

Originally posted by SeFRo
Save that kind of stuff for the gay marriage thread. This is your first warning!

sez Sefro, who isn't in any way a moderator, but a stupid comic maker who enjoys putting people in his comics...
Warning noted...I dont want to end up as a 6 year old crayon scribble. If I do end up as a comic please not sloppy shuffle.

A

Aneximines

Gobln Welder is fantastic.

Do mana creatures count? Metalworker is very useful in an artifact deck (especially with Staff of Domination).

I also like Ertai, Wizard Adept, especially in an Arcane Laboratory.

I like Seeker of Skybreak and Aphetto Alchemist, too. They're like meta utility creatures.

T

train

speaking of djinns...any one figure out how to use or break sulimann's legacy?
Actually - if you ran a U/r/w deck you could abuse the phasing ability and run all the djinns and efreets you wanted while using the unnatural selection as a wrath effect for legacy, and later as "banishing" effects for the phasing efreets/djinns you play...

;)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I guess Welder is probably the best utility creature, with Masticore coming in second (Rector doesn't count, because it is best used as a combo component and not a utility creature).

A favorite of mine has long been Abyssal Gatekeeper.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I've found that they're great in MP thanks to train showing me his utility deck that included them... :)

M

Mikeymike

Duplicant is easily my favorite utility creature ever. Removing a creature from the game is such an underrated ability. And it is an artifact to boot.

T

train

I've found that they're great in MP thanks to train showing me his utility deck that included them...
Yep... people attack someone else because they don't want to lose one of their creatures, or attack you for a clear some board effect...

either way it works rather nicely...

:cool:

T

train

I'm starting to lean a bit towards the eternal witness - but elder is still hard to beat...

N

NorrYtt

Eternal Witness is the best Fifth Dawn card, the best creature in Standard, and probably the best green creature ever printed.

To drive the point home, Aaron Forsythe played Eternal Witness in his Oath of Druids deck at the SCG 5-proxy tourney. You know, an Oath deck, where you can pick any creature in Magic to play (except Phage and Phyrexian Dreadnaught and other types).

Eternal Witness alongside with Sakura-Tribe Elder makes a superb engine for any pseudo-control deck.

Eternal Witness combos with everything (and really stinking well with Astral Slide and Unearth), and it gets better and better the longer the game lasts. Her robustness allows you to replay all your Eternal Witnesses should you draw a fresh one.

She is a perfect Johnny/Spike card and you just can't ask for more than perfection.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The best card in Fifth Dawn? What about Crucible of Worlds?

The best green creature? What about Birds of Paradise (and some others)?

Ferret

Staff member
Scavenger Folk. I like the classic critters and with the all of the artifact cards from the last set, I think they did the job - oh sure, there's the Monkey and his recent replacement, but what can I say? I don't own any of them. :D

-Ferret

"also like Thorn Thallid - I need help..."

T

train

I have to ix-nay on the doppleganger, as she can't use any of the CIP abilities that so many creatures can abuse - like the witness...

She is a great mirror though... but if mirror is what is needed, clone is all you need play....:D