What about music guys

T

Turtlewax Joe

@Ferret- i'm gonna have to say that Bob is right on the whole alternative issue. Alternative is perhaps the most broad and encompassing label there is for a certain type of music

@Bob- I'm siding with you on this one. Just because a band is well know and has alot of talent doesn't meen that they've sold out

@Darkstar- absolutly right on the Emo thing.

As for me, I like Nerd Rock, Ska, Raw Power, and really heavy rocking out ****.

A list of favorite bands in no particular order:

Ataris
MxPx (gotta go for the local boys)
Weezer
Treephort
Donkey Punch
Catch 22
Suburban Legends
Hepcat
The Hives (I like the power they have, I've been a fan for years so don't tell me they're sellouts)
The Vines (Sell outs? no. Well known? yes.)
White Stripes (Sold out? no. well known? yes.)
Hot Hot Heat
Anti-Flag
Black Flag
Minor Threat

I also like the power chords are scratchy vioces of:

Union 13
Dropkick Murphys
Rancid

I have to give props to the following for making all of this possible:

Ramones
Sex Pistols
Dead Kennedys
Rolling Stones
MANY OTHER BANDS

I'm really into the local scene with bands like Hot hot Heat, MxPx, Blood Brothers, A-O-Ks, and many others how could I not be?

I try and stay away from big ska bands like Mustard Plug and Five Iron Frenzy. I remember when Blink 182 was good, now they SUCK and mMark is the only one who has remained true. He left the band to take care of his kid while the others sold out, stopped running naked, and made ****ty side projects.

Don't sell out, but remain true to what it is you love. Don't be in it for money, the next thing you know your used abused and put to the side. If you happen to get recognized, tell the corporate media to go **** themselves and go on with what you want to do.

D

Darkstar

Thanks turtle... oh and props to you for liking anti-flag! Theres another rant boiling there. U know about the issues the media is throwin at em? Bunch of ****... oh well music will always have crap throwed at em for whatever reason. Anti Flag preaches peace not anarchy... yet seems the govt disagrees... since they control the media and what not. oh well im done here...

T

Turtlewax Joe

Indeed Train, those were the days.

And who gives a flying shirt if a band preaches anarchy, as long as they do it correctly and don't egg people on to assassinate some one or riot.

Anarchy teaches vandalism when necessary, not sencesless violence
Anarchy isn't not consuming, it's about controlling your own consumption
Anarchy supposts bothe the individual and the power of the masses

If the government gives Anti-Flag ****, why don't they give people like Noam Cchomsky, Michael Moore, and others ****? Even though the truth angers the government we have the right to speak it.

Anyone else like Ska :p ?

T

theorgg

Well, I've said it before in this thread, and I'll say it again: The "punks" that I like most are those of whom not too many believe are punk, but who, if you listen to them and look at their attitude about the world and everything else, undoubtedly are as punk as anything Henry Rollins has ever done.

Are We Not Men?

We Are D E V - 0 !

Need Proof? Try "Too Much Paranoias."

T

Turtlewax Joe

[Inappropriate comment deleted, but still referenced by Train-Orgg ]

T

theorgg

Alright, there.

That's the kind of thing you should do at Misetings-- not here.

You've been warned.

T

train

Edited... and what is Misetings...:confused:

And why would I go to any other place if it isn't better than here...

T

theorgg

Mise Tings is an OVER 18 Magic forum for a pretty good Magic humor website.

I post iddiotity over there, as the guys over there(with about ten exceptions) are complete idiots...

I enjoy freaking 'em out with some random junk... and the Pro Tour/Grand Prix captions are pretty fun...;)

T

train

Oh... so you all haven't been kicked out for not being over 18?...:p

T

theorgg

?

I'm of age.

Lot of good it actually DOES, but it is true...

I don't think anyone but Ahar has migrated to misetings from here-- and there's good reason for that. It's another one of those kinds of forums.

T

train

There should be someway to verify age via the internet so naughty things aren't looked at by minors...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think anyone but Ahar has migrated to misetings from here
Is that where he is nowadays? Does he still play/talk about Magic or do they also have political discussions over there (the kind that he most participated in here)?

N

Nightstalkers

Techno... Rap... whatever.

And anything on the web I can usually get :D

Oh, and anything subliminal, :rolleyes: I guess I just like it.

C

Chaos Turtle

Anything goes.
Except country music. That stuff just kills me, unless it's the Dixie Chicks. Those chicks are cool.
Oh, and "gangsta" rap. I mean, c'mon.

T

train

"Look CT - if you ain't downnnn wit it, then weeze gonna half to cap yo oink..."

You mean that kind of gangsta rap...

or the Ice, Ice Baby kind?...:p