What about music guys

Discussion in 'Classic Questions' started by VoLRaTH, Aug 18, 2000.

1. K9Archmage He Might Be Giants

i like almost all music, but i have some favs...

aqua
    scatman john
    eiffel65
    they might be giants
    The Demented Weasels

HOipa
  2. Ransac CPA Trash Man

I enjoy:
    Green Day
    Collective Soul
    Live
    Third Eye Blind
    Blink 182
    They Might Be Giants(YEAH, BABY, YEAH!!!!!)
    Sister Hazel
    Blues Traveller

I dispise:
    Boy bands
    Pop Girl/Boy Superstars
    Any band with the word girl in it's name

I regularly eat:
    Monkey feces
    Banana bread
    Poo-boy pie
    Fun Dip Candies
    Cornnuts

I throw up on:
    Small children
    Anything under 6 inches tall
    Senior citizens
    Carson Daly
    People that.....what? that's enough. okay

Ransac, went too far
  3. DÛke Memento Mori

...I listen to almost everything:

My top favroites:
    Enigma
    Mike Oldfield
    Delerium
    ATB
    Sting
    Savage Garden
    Madonna
    Three Doors Down
    Filter
    Lenny Kraviz

I like 1 or 2 songs out of these "artists":
    NSync
    Korn
    Backstreet Boys
    Limp Bizkit
    Bon Jovi
    Jay-Z
    Match Box 20
    Michael Jackson
    Olive
    Dead Can Dance
    Rob Zombie
    Marilyn Manson
    Britney Spears
    Sade

There.
  4. fuzzy510 I Don't REALLY Exist

Duke, you like certain Backstreet Boys songs? NSync? The only reason I've heard of them is because my sister insists on playing their albums in the car all the time, and my Mom likes them, so they're played...you get the point.
  5. Copious Wrath New Member

Favorite bands/artists:

Blind Guardian
    Bloodhound Gang
    Blur
    Electrasy
    Five Iron Frenzy
    Green Day
    Limp Bizkit
    Linkin Park
    MC Hawking
    Metallica
    Moby
    MST3K
    Pink Floyd
    Papa Roach
    Powerman 5000
    Rage Against The Machine
    Rob Zombie
    Smashing Pumpkins
    Static X
    And last, but most certainly not least, Weird Al! (best christmas songs ever!)
  6. DÛke Memento Mori

...Fuzzy, I DO listen to Bye Bye Bye by Nsync, and Shape Of My Heart by Backstreet Boys...that's about all. I don't see any reason why I can't.

I like singing Shape Of My Heart to girls who like that kind of stuff, it makes me look nice, and I just LUUUVE when the girls go "awwww; ” I strive for that. Bye Bye Bye is just cool, IN MY opinion.

I'm proud I listen to everything before calling a band (a song, a person, or a subject) an adjective (or a noun; you pick) that is unlikely to be descriptive of a band (a song, a person, or a subject, YOU pick).
  7. fuzzy510 I Don't REALLY Exist

Just checking DUke.

[me]goes to a trash can and pukes for an hour.[/me]
  8. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

Nothing wrong with that. I like "I Want It That Way" myself...

I like certain songs from all groups too. It's when I start liking the majority of songs on the album in when I want to get it. And some of the videos of certain groups who I'd never get are still hilarious (like the Foo Fighters).

<shrug> It's no different from me saying most heavy metal is weird, guitar, heavy drum banging that doesn't make it particularly easy for ME to listen to or Eminem, despite having some interesting subjects, has a rap flow that sounds a bit off-beat or trying to cram in words rather than the nice, on-beat flow of old-school (which is what I grew up on).
  9. fuzzy510 I Don't REALLY Exist

Creed
    3 Doors Down
    Nine Days
    No Doubt
    Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Papa Roach
    Limp Bizkit
    Matchbox 20
    Smashmouth
    Sting
    Billy Joel

BTW, didja know that Creed is a Rock/Christian band? No lie!

[Edited by fuzzy510 on 01-12-01 at 05:09 PM]
  10. Gerode Becoming a Lurker Again

I heard that somewhere. It doesn't surprise me. POD is also a Christian band.
  11. DÛke Memento Mori

...!

How about a Catholic band? Enigma.

You know...lately, I've been listening to know music at all, except for Delerium; there's something about their vocal-less songs that just drive the hell into me.

I wonder if anyone here listens to Delerium and/or Enigma...they're really, really, really good bands...

I've never seen a band expressing so much suicidal notes, criminal behavior, sexual desires, and many other complex emtions with just plain music. Delerium and Enigma do that all the time, especailly Delerium with their CD "Euphoric", it's even out of print now, I'm lucky to have a copy. Four total songs in the that CD, each about 10-16 minutes long...it's a wonder...believe me.
  12. Sammy Dead-O wasting away again

I might as well chime in on this. I listen to mostly ska and punk; I play in a ska band in Georgia (the Macon Blue Beat Combo). The ska I listen to sometimes falls into the categories of Third Wave/skapunk/skacore. I especially like the Impossibles, the Pietasters, and Operation Ivy here.

However, I usually listen to neotraditional or real old-skool ska. I'm afraid I become too much of a music snob at times. However, Derrick Morgan, the Skatalites, the Slackers, and Hepcat are all very much worth the listening.
  13. Sidar Jabari CPA BritBoy

Hailing, as I do, from jolly old England I have a taste for progressive, lo-fi and alternative music. Try to find some of these band and give them a listen.

Belle and Sebastien
    Mogwai
    Gorky's Zygoti Mynci
    Super Furry Animals
    Muse
    The Beta Band
    Arab Strap
    Bjork

I also like some stuff with a bit more of a groove.

Orbital
    Add N to (X)
    Masive Attack
    Tricky

And the obvious.

Blur
    Oasis
    Radiohead
    Travis

But I do listen to some of your American stuff as well(sorry if any of these bands are Canadian I can't really tell the difference).

Mercury Rev
    Pavement
    Built to Spill
    Ganddaddy
    The Flaming Lips

Well, there you go, thats pretty much it, althought I do like to chill out with some lighter acoustic style stuff as well.

Teenage Fanclub
    Elliot Smith
    Babdly Drawn Boy AKA Damon Gough
    Kings of Convenience
  14. Sidar Jabari CPA BritBoy

And here's one for Duke.

I have four Enigma albums and they're all pretty cool. I hope it's the same band that you're talking about

The albums are..

MCMXC AD
    The Cross of Changes
    LE Roi est Mort Vive le Roi!
    Screen Behind the Mirror

and they're German or something.
  15. arhar Member

And my vote goes to you for being the most "underground" in here :) I think I still get 2nd place ;)

Anyway, IN MY OPINION, people should really distinguish between music and muzak. For example, I can imagine any kind of person listening to Backstreet Boys only for the reasons Duke mentioned, or because "all my friends are listening to it" (no offense, we all went through that at early ages ;) )

Oh... and for a VERY FEW lovers of heavy metal here (and I don't mean Linkin Park or Papa Roach) I can recommend the website that have long become my second online home (first being the CPA) www.metal-rules.com .A fair warning though, it's not really a "family place" like the CPA and mainly oriented at older audience.
  16. TaLoN Fight the Power

Linkin Park, Taproot, Papa Roach, P.O.D., Incubus, RATM, Limp Bizkit, Korn, Staind, green day, nirvana, pearl jam, godsmack, a perfect circle, etc.
  17. Duster Protection from Idiots

I'm a huge fan of Elliott Smith, Belle and Sebastion and Travis myself Sidar, definately a cool thing that someone else around here is into that kind of stuff.

S'all,
    Dustin
  18. DÛke Memento Mori

...! There's actually an Enigma fan in the CPA other than I! That's dang cool. :)

Yes, Sidar, that's the band...and guess what...I have ALL 4 albums too. My favorite is "Le Roi Est Mort, VIVE Le Roi"...I like the theme better than "The Screen Behind the Mirror", or even "The Cross of Changes". BUT, like they all say MCMXC.a.D is THE "legendary" Enigma album due to the second track: "The Principles of Lust", which has 3 parts to it...people seem to like "Sadness PART I" the most of the whole song, but I like the second part, "Find Love" the most due to the freakin' cool music. The song is all right itself.

...if you like Enigma, Sidar, you should get some Delerium.
    DON'T get their latest: Karma or Poem, unless you like to paint, draw, or are a VERY romantic kind of person. Get "Euphoric", and "Syrophenikan"...and if you want to be hunted by nightmares for the rest of your life, I DARE you to buy "Spiritual Archive" which has a track which if you listen to it while you're a sleep, you're practically INVITING nightmares to hunt you...it's very creepy...possibly the most terrifying piece of music that has ever been assembled.

...anyway...enough about Enigma and Delerium...:D
  19. Bob Idiot

Wow, I like a lot of bands...

I used to have a piddly little list here but I've heard way too many other great bands to remember them all, so nyah.
  20. DÛke Memento Mori

...funny how most of us like Limp Bizkit...

...I don't like his newer stuff though. "Rollin'" is alright, but come on! Give me stuff like "Nookie" and "Faith" (although not originally by Limp)...

What about Fuel, anyone? I didn't see anyone mentioning them...they're good...

...and Filter? Am I the only Filter fan left? That's sad!