Werewolf XVIII: The Haunting

turgy22

Nothing Special
While your discussion carries on, the room becomes dark, the sun covered by an enormous black cloud. You fumble for a match to ignite one of the lanterns, when the ghost appears. He stares again, his familiar stare, at each one of you as he wafts about the room, turning your blood cold with only his eyes. He slows and eventually stops in front of Spiderman. He lifts his hand and points a bony finger at Spiderman's chest. And then he is gone and the room becomes illuminated once more.

Current Vote Count:
Spiderman (3) - DarthFerret, Oversoul, The Ghost
DarthFerret (1) - Melkor
Melkor (1) - Spiderman
Modus Pwnens (1) - Rokapoke

Not Voting (2) - Mooseman, Modus Pwnens

The day will end in approximately 48 hours. Please have all votes in by that time.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Well, some people did hang the wrong guy and I should vote for one of them, but I live by the dice and I'll...... well I hope I don't finish that one.....
So, a d6 will wok perfect......

It's a ...2
hmmmm. taht means DF, Doesn't seem quite right, but hey maybe they are lucky dice

Vote: DF

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Now that's interesting... I think the Ghost is identifying non-wolves, because I know I'm not one. So while I'm starting to think the Oversoul's murderous cravings indicate that not even during daytime can his "wolfiness" be stopped, I'm going to change my vote to DarthFerret in hopes of forcing a tie, because otherwise, the wolves will get two victims, me today and someone else tonight.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Updated Vote Count:
DarthFerret (4) - Melkor, Mooseman, Spiderman, Modus Pwnens

M

Modus Pwnens

I'm very much in doubt, given that DF voted for Ransac, yet I also fear the Ghost. With DF and Oversoul both voting for Ransac the previous time, I'm going to go with Spidey's explanation here, and vote for Darthferret

turgy22

Nothing Special
Sorry for the delay. I thought I set the 48 hours deadline on Tuesday and forgot to check last night (and didn't have any time today earlier than now. Moving on...

Final Vote Count:

DarthFerret (4) - Melkor, Mooseman, Spiderman, Modus Pwnens

The votes have been cast and the decision is made: DarthFerret must be put to death. His wizard persona is clearly a ruse to hide the foul beast lurking within. Melkor, Mooseman, and Modus grab him while Spiderman pulls the rope tight around his neck. The rope is tossed over the rafters and the four men hoist him up, as the rest watch on in silent horror as he draws his last breaths.

Once his death has been assured, he too, is taken down and returned to his hut. You search his belongings and find a cloak and a crystal ball and a copy of the Complete Idiot's Guide to Wizardry. None of this indicates that he was capable of any of the grave misdeeds that have taken place these last few nights. Disappointed about failing once again to find the culprit, you slink off to your own huts and pray that you remain alive and well throughout the night.

DarthFerret was a Villager.

Night Three begins now. All those with night actions, please reply to our previous conversations with your decisions. The night phase will end in three days, on Monday September 20th, about 10pm EDT, or sooner if I receive all the night actions before then. No living players may post at night.

D

DarthFerret

I leave it to you guys to guess at the target of my death curse!

turgy22

Nothing Special
The rain begins again in the middle of the night. You sleep through it this time and don't wake up until hours later when the crack of a lightning bolt and subsequent boom send you jolting upright, drenched in sweat. The rain comes down hard this night and you barely hear the satisfied howls echoing through the forest this time.

When the rain stops and the light of day breaks through the clouds, you rise and seek out the latest evidence that might help you find whatever kill is terrorizing this area. At the main building, Rokapoke's absence is noticeable. You travel to his hut and see him lying on his stomach, his head hanging down over the edge of the bed. You turn him over and he falls back first onto the floor, revealing an empty void between his exposed ribs where his organs used to be. Somewhat unsurprised by the evident evisceration, you turn your attention to his head, which is oddly lumpy and distorted, like a deflated balloon. You try to place what happened as you notice his missing eyes and teeth and see a large jagged wound just above his hairline. You gasp in horror as you realize what happened. Rokapoke's skull, bloody and muscled, lies under the bed staring back at you, apparently removed from the skin on his head at some point during the night. You turn around and vomit.*

Once you've regained some composure, you grab Rokapoke's belongings and head back to the main building. You find a whole lot of squirrel-training paraphernalia and a worn-looking journal. You page through the journal, reading about rokapoke's life as a circus man and rodent enthusiast. But beyond that, you note his musings on eerily detailed dreams he had throughout his life. Apparently, he was born with mystical powers, but chose a life on the road, forgoing those powers so that he might create his own path in life. You wonder silently if he was able to use those powers while in your company the past few days.

You look around to see the five remaining men around you. "Who could be behind these crimes?" you wonder. Then you do a double-take and realize one of the men among you is the strange ghost that has been appearing each night. He stands in front of Spiderman, pointing his bony finger in his face. He smiles slowly and then he is gone.

Players remaining:
Mooseman
Oversoul
Modus Pwnens
Melkor
Spiderman

Players out:
Ransac (Shaman - lynched)
EricBess (Villager - killed by wolves)
DarthFerret (Villager - lynched)
Rokapoke (Seer - killed by wolves)

The fourth day begins.

Current Vote Count:
Spiderman (1) - The Ghost

Not Voting (5) - Mooseman, Oversoul, Modus Pwnens, Melkor, Spiderman

*Gross story: This death scene is actually based on a real-life experience I had. The other day, I put my dog out in the morning and she was taking a while in the backyard. So I went out to see what she was doing and discovered that she was "hunting" a vole. By hunting, I mean stalking it and occasionally pawing at it. Then she grabbed it in her mouth and flipped it in the air. I went to check it out and saw that the thing was barely breathing, so I went to get a shovel to toss it in the trash. When I'm coming back, she's got the thing in her mouth again and she's shaking it around. While that's happening, I see something fly off of it and land near our fence. So she drops the vole and I scoop up the body and it's definitely dead now and the head doesn't look quite right. So I go to pick up the other piece and realize it was the head, but not the whole head. The thing's skull flew out of its head while she was shaking it and all that's left is this bloody lump with a nose and little pointy teeth sticking out. It was easily among the top five most disgusting things I've ever witnessed in my life and I immediately thought, "that's a good idea for werewolf." Just wanted to share in case anyone's eating right now.

Melkor

Well, I'm confused, I think the Ghost is probably telling us that Spiderman is a Wolf but if rokapoke was the seer, and he just suddenly changed his vote to Modus, then I'd think we have to go with that. I'll vote Modus Pwnens for now.

M

Modus Pwnens

That's not really true, as for one there's no details from his dream, but also did he suddenly change his vote to Ransac yesterday, who wasn't a Wolf either.
Although I'm not sure of it's meaning or intentions, I think the Ghost can no longer be ignored. Vote: Spiderman

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"But how do you know what the Ghost means when he's pointing the finger at me? It's easily villager as I can attest I have no wolfish blood in me. And if he keeps picking me, I can only assume that I'm the only villager (or at least person with no powers) left, as it seems villagers and seers keep getting lynched or killed at night."

turgy22

Nothing Special
Updated Vote Count:
Spiderman (2) - Modus Pwnens, The Ghost
Modus Pwnens (2) - Melkor, Oversoul

Oversoul (1) - Spiderman

Not Voting (1) - Mooseman

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
If I were a werewolf, I wouldn't still be stuck in irons. They'd probably burst when I transformed or at least they'd get warped enough for me to slip them off. I know Spiderman thinks I'm bloodthirsty, but I'm not a vampire and if any of you tries to stake me in the heart or rub garlic on me or anything stupid like that, I'll bash your faces in. Anyway, I don't really know who to vote for, so I'll just force Mooseman to decide. Maybe he's a wolf and I'm doing something stupid, but whatever. So yeah, now it's tied.

Vote: Modus Pwnens

Melkor

Well, depending on how Mooseman votes, I figure Spiderman might want to change his vote. Which might in turn cause some other shake ups.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Right. I'll wait at least a day after his vote, so everyone has time to object and/or otherwise react to the vote.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Sorry, I have the flu and my dice are missing. ( Ireally have the flu)
But I think I will go with the Ghost, since it has to know better than me.... or maybe it doesn't.
VOTE: Spiderman

turgy22

Nothing Special
In response to Mooseman's decision, Spiderman speaks up.

"Well, despite me thinking that Oversoul's a wolf, obviously it doesn't do any good if I'm the only one who thinks so. So I'm voting for Modus - not because I think he's a wolf right now necessarily, but to at least force a tie so I'm not lynched outright and maybe give people another chance to think it over."

Spiderman Votes: Modus Pwnens

Updated Vote Count:
Spiderman (3) - Modus Pwnens, Mooseman, The Ghost
Modus Pwnens (3) - Melkor, Oversoul, Spiderman

The day will end in approximately 24 hours.