Weird dream

A

arhar

Ok, I just had to post this. Today I had the weirdest friggin' dream ever. I guess it was inspired by the movie Puppet Masters - did anyone see it? It's about the alien parasites invading Earth, clinging to the backs of humans and controlling their actions. Anyway, in my dream, there were alien parasites too, but they looked like pieces of chewing gum, made of some rubber-like material, so when a man started chewing them, they pierced man's stomach and started controlling their spinal cord & brain. ANYWAY. I was some sort of special-forces scientist in that dream, and I, just like the movie, when the humans were losing the war, invented some sort of gas that was lethal to anything with silicone and harmless to humans. The aliens were all killed and everyone lived happily ever after. But the dream hasn't ended, that was just the beginning! From that moment, the dream kinda shifted into third-person perspective. I suddenly found myself 15 years older (35), and sitting at a dinner table with my wife and kid. Suddenly the camera shows a little piece of gum - white with red stripes - that's moving on the floor, slowly... But I (remember, I look at myself from the third person) don't see it! It's coming to my little son and he swallows it, and suddenly the look in his eyes changes to zombie-like apathy... From the third person I see that he chokes my wife in her sleep, and I have to shoot him or he would kill me - but it's too late - the aliens can reproduce and the plague is spreading. This time, for some reason, the alines are immune to the gas and take over the Earth easily... At this point, the dream shifts back into first-person perspective. I am getting chased by aliens from all sides, and I am really desperate. Finally, I find this room, that is completely separated from the outside world, and for some reason (at this point it's getting weird) it's in the center of the civilized Earth, but it's invisible to aliens.. It's completely sealed from outside intrusion, and has everything needed to sustain existence inside.. And for some reason, the sun never sets when you're in that room. So I spend next 25 years of my life sitting in this room and writing the sad story of humankind - and since it's the future, I write on some kind of golden disk instead of paper. By the time I'm 60, I completely has gone nuts, but somehow, I gained some extraordinary powers - I can become invisible and incorporeal and can fly (?!).. I go out of the room, completely bent on destroying the aliens.. But soon, to my horror, I find that there's nothing I can do - all the humans are already zombified with no chance to escape, and I am the last one! I start flying around (this is where dream is very cool, because I actually experience the feeling like I'm flying) and I just watch the aliens.. I am really an old man now, but for some reason I feel very young.. And I overhear that the aliens are building their spaceships, preparing to take over the whole universe. At this point, I know what should I do. The dream ends with me flying higher and higher, and slowly exiting the Earth atmosphere, as I wake up....

G

Gerode

Most of my dreams are boring. They're a little strange, but nothing ever seems to happen in them. And then I forget them by the time I'm in the shower. I wanna dream like that! :)

I had a dream where 3 school buses were chasing me through my backyard and through a forest a few years ago. It was 2 days after the school year started.

H

Hetemti

Damnit! You always get the cool dreams. The best I get is me and a dinosaur running through KMarts and Toys'R'Us-es trying to avoid British ninjas. I wrote it out once...it had 12 chapters...don't know where it went, though.

Sometimes, I get bored of my insomnia, so I plot something out and just imagine it. Eventually, I fall asleep, the bar comes down...and Awayayayay we go into happy psycosis land! Those are the most fun, cuz since I thought of the original setting, I remember what happens, and for those long dreams, can continue it night after night, until it get's boring.

To date, I've never flown, fallen, or drowned. Lucky me. Did destroy the planet once, though. :)

S

Salacious Crumb

i just had the coolest dream.. it wasn't weird so to speak. I dreamed first, i was on a trip to china, so i took the train. When i got off the train, i was in china. I was supposed to go into this shack, but it was locked, then a serpent came out of a water hole, and a guy dove after it and i walked away. Suddenly, i find myself in a caravan of animorphs!? And don't even notice anything changed. So i fly around as a fly. Then turn into a cockroach. Then my dog starts licking my face and i wake up...
I love the type of dreams where i know its a dream, and i control what happens in the dream. Its fun to turn the grass blue, then sprout dragon wings and fly around to my friends' houses.
Hmm. once i had an encounter with midget frankenstein...
I love my dreams:)

hoipa

F

FoundationOfRancor

arhar, thats one of the coolest dreams I have ever heard of. Do you think Dreams have a seer-like quality? That they can predict a vauge sketch of the future?

I have alot of psychodellic dreams, but my favorite one is where im box-fighting my arch-nemesis. Matrix Style. Oh yeah;)

Z

Zadok001

I've stopped telling some people about my dreams - My girlfriend, at least, gets horribly depressed or upset by them. It's wierd. AFAIK, I am the only person who consistantly DIES in _all_ my dreams (or at least all the ones I remember). It's rather amusing, really. I'll start dreaming, realize I'm dreaming... And the first thing that pops into my head is "I wonder how I get myself offed this time?" :) My dreams are screwy. I've died in every way imaginable, from falling to having my skin removed one square inch at a time to being shot in the leg and bleeding to death to having my body fall apart and slowly melt out of reality.

I'm getting slightly disturbed by my inner thoughts. :)

C

Chaos Turtle

At least a couple of times a year a have a long involved dream about the Living Dead (no I am not kidding) taking over a town or even the whole country.

In these dreams I myself am never "infected" but I often become an ally of someone who is. See, in my dreams, some of the Living Dead keep their intellect and even their morals. In some cases, the "takeover" isn't complete, but rather there are bunches of them and they roam the streets eating people, while the society (for some reason at a loss to deal with them permantly) just regards them as you might regard crazy people...that is, stay away from them if possible.

In some dreams, it's imnpossible to tell some of the Living Dead from ordinary people, unless you know the "secret," which usually ends up being something weird like "they never eat fish" or "they use a lot of breath fresheners," or somesuch.

Some of the dreams are of the more traditional "trapped in a small location while trying to fight off the Living Dead" variety, while others are of the "permeated society" theme described above.

It's bizarre.

On the subject of dying in dreams, this happens to me too, though certainly not in every dream as poor Zadok has to put up with. Almost invariably in mine, I am shot...sometimes in the head (usually the back) or in the chest. Once, I was witnessing the sniping of some British Civil War Era soldiers, when -- after a shot was fired but before it reached its target -- I became the target.

Now, I've never been shot in real life, but the experience always hurts like all getout, and wakes me up.

Oh, and those dreams where I'm flying but not really flying (like I am only affected by gravity at about a tenth of its normal strength) and go floating down the street or over ubildings... those are the best, unless of course I'm trying to get away from the Living Dead.

M

Mundungu

I almost NEVER remember my dreams.

But When I remember them I usually do for a long time and I find that they have a lot of signification for the current state of my life.

Anyway, the last time I dreamed and remember it was about 6 or 7 years ago when my sister got married.

Strange neh ?

Apart from that I never remember.

Killer Joe

I once had a dream about "5's"
So I went to the horse track
and bet 5 dollars
on the fifth horse
in the fifth race,....

he came in fifth. :(

D

DÛke

...according to my studies, humans dream EVERY time they sleep...most of it will be forgotten...since it depends on which state of your sleep you're dreaming in. There is the REM sleep - which is the normal sleep...and the NREM sleep, which is where delusional encounters, nightmares, and many other horrible could happen, mentally, AND physcially.

Most of my dreams are...rated R...

...but once, I dreamt about Britney Spears and her Pepsi commercial (my favorite commercail)...I taped the commercail, and I watch it everyday after school (yes, I'm that pathetic)...:)

Some dreams, in deed, could be some kind of fortelling...but there are no evidence supporting this...just like ESP...

When you defragment your computer, the computer will go throughout many files...MANY files.

When you sleep, your brain will go thoughout your memories (possibly the unconsciousness even), deleting the ones needed, and keeping the ones that are left in the dust for a long time...that is why we see MANY random effects, places, people, colors...and so on...it's like defragmenting. :)

Enough of this...I'll go watch Britney Spears now...:)

S

Salacious Crumb

Hmm... I don't think i've ever died in any dreams!:) Aren't i lucky?
i would also like to agree with what duke said.

Hoipa

G

Gerode

The most common dream I have is if I forget to do a large homework project and come to school the next day without it. I haven't remembered a semi-cool dream in probably a year :( I guess my dreams are a sign that I procrastinate too much. I wanna have another dream where I could shapechange into a fish or when I was a character in the Simpsons and King of the Hill (which I don't even watch) at the same time. Sigh...

I'll try to remember my dreams tonight. I didn't get any sleep last night. That's what happens when you stay up till 2am all week long :)

N

NeuroDeus

One dream I really recall well is myself dressed in a very wierd armour that looked half monk's robes with a metal breastplate and arm and legs metal armour... I had two long rounded spike protruding from my elbows... I also had this unusual Final Fantasy looking sword made of what i think is mithril... And I had a black panther by my side with a scar in his eye... wierd... I saved this guy sitting on an altar from a vampire like form... I even ended up writing a story about it all...

And I also dreamt about Dromar...many times flying over me... big and potent... I used to hate the card... I now got four and a Dromar deck...

S

Salacious Crumb

I've never had any magic-related dreams... i don't play that much though

Hoipa

C

Cateran Emperor

Hrmm. My dreams are way different than everyone else's it seems like.

I always get to be the General of a human army fighting off hordes of various evil creatures like orcs and such. For some reason, I can cast spells and am extremely proficient with a greatsword. After the war, I always get crowned Emperor of Terra (for some reason, the Earth is renamed Terra after it is united by one of my ancestors, or even by myself sometimes).

It's good to be the King...

D

DÛke

...YOU guys play TOO much RPGs and games...:D

I think Arhar plays too much Parasite Eve...:)

And the rest of you...strictly War Craft and such...:)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think I've ever died in my dreams either, but I've also come close... I remember one time I was fighting some medieval type battle around my old church and right towards the end, I took a crossbow bolt to the chest. I could see it approaching ala Robin Hood, but just before it slammed into me I woke up...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I once had a dream where I was a dog. It was COOL!!! I ran around and peed on everybody's leg! Then, I marked the living room as my territory and threw up on the Thanksgiving Turkey. I then used mind control to make my owners(or so they thought, heh-heh) give me their bed and made them sleep in the dog house. Then, I woke up. I cursed for a while, wanting to dream it again. After that, I registered on the CPA for the first time(that dream inspired the way I act here.(

Ransac, cpa trash man

B

Bob

Some have dreams about aliens, some about wars...what do I have? Monster, Bodypart eating trains, and Beer.

My strangest dream was where I lived on a littlke prarie, and it was my first day of school. Me and my imaginary brother had to take the train to the school, and I read the manual. it said:

"when the Train passes by, it eats your stomach"

In my dream, I thought It was possible and told my brother what it said.

As soon as i did i heard a train whistle and the train came. I ran away. When the train passed, I saw my brother, dead, with a huge hole in him. Suddenly, people jumped from the trees with beer. Pary music started playing and the camera faded off. i then saw the words:

"BUDWEISER, THE KING OF BEERS"

i also had a dream with evil skeletons on crack with AK-47s

my dreams are insane.

in another dream I was being babysitted by a psychopath who looked like Uncle Fester...

why can't I have cool alien dreams?