Warhammer Quest: The Sylvan Epic

turgy22

Nothing Special
"We talked to a guy named Smonauk. He says he can open up a portal right away so we can go about saving the world. He also might be evil, but didn't explicitly say that."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
LOL - from me, Spidey

"If he can open a portal, why is he still here? Jekaena recognized the person wearing white robes as a high elf from some Order tasked with watching over the evils in this place, of which Smonauk is one. She said she can help us navigate here but we didn't get a chance to ask about escaping because she said we need to get you guys"

Last edited by a moderator:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Maybe cause he wants to be here."

"I'm thinking if we can't trust anyone here, we may as well go the most expedient route. The worst that happens is we have to fight something and maybe die."

"Jekaena seems to trust white robes. And I didn't take the vow to be a Slayer yet! When I do, I'll join you in any glorious battle but for now, we need to see about saving the Tree and staying alive to do it..."

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"Well, if Jekaena trusts the guy, and he CAN get us out of here, I'm willing to follow along. Either way, I just wanna get out of here!"

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
"Jekaena, what do you know about white-robe? And what have you heard about Prince Smonauk?"

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Jekaena: "I don't know anything about these people! I was just surprised to see a high elf, since there aren't supposed to be any of them in Athel Loren. Also, she looked incredibly old, even for a high elf. I couldn't suggest trusting either of them. I did notice that she was scared of this Prince Smonauk guy, which probably means that he's really, really powerful. And we are in a hurry. If he's so powerful, he might actually be able to get us out of here. On the other hand, she seemed eager to get us out of here. If a bunch of venerable high elves are here in the Idyllic Copse, trying to keep the bad things inside, they'd be a good bet for helping us find a way out. Then again, she acted like something terrible would happen if we even talked to Smonauk, and it sounds like you guys already did that. We're all still alive. What was he like? Maybe if he's so devious, the trouble will be something he sends back with us? But then what would he need us for? Or maybe the high elves have some agenda of their own? She made it sound like she's some sacred vanguard of this place, but the high elves aren't even supposed to be here. They didn't build the Idyllic Copse. It was my people who crafted it. So I don't really trust her. Then again, high elves aren't supposed to be evil. Arrogant, sure. But not evil. Oh, but then when I grew up I was taught that dwarves are a menace, and dwarves like Dorgath and Yaggrin risked their own lives to help my people, so that was wrong, I think. Um, I'm just confused. Sorry, I can't help you decide..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"By Grimnir's Axe! We gotta make a decision. Let's see about this sacred vanguard and what they might seem like."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Jekaena takes Throg's statement seriously.

"Oh, high elves is just what most people usually call them. They're also known as the Asur. I think they're called 'high' because their Phoenix Kings once ruled almost the whole world and their homeland, Ulthuan, was the high seat of their empire. Here in Loren, as most places nowadays, they don't have any authority anymore and haven't for thousands of years. But they cling to their old traditions and stuff, so they like to distinguish themselves from elves from other places by making a reference to when they used to be in charge. I don't think they have a tendency to ingest psychoactive substances. I mean, maybe the ones here do. I don't know..."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Is that correct, then? Is the whole party going back to the representative from the Order of Honored Elders?