Warhammer Quest: Death Below Karak Azgal

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
If this isn't a "must-do" now type of thing, Dorgath will visit the armorer while thinking about the Temple's offer.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The armorer has the following wares...

Leather Armor: 40 gold, +1 Toughness
Lacks durability.

Furs: 200 gold, +1 Toughness
The only armor in stock here that Kelgar may wear, but if he wears it in addition to his ornate breastplate, his movements will be restricted.

Chainmail Armor: 350 gold, +2 Toughness, -1 Movement
Note that this is different from Dorgath's similarly named armor.

Light Armor: 900 gold, +2 Toughness
Note that this is different from Throg's similarly named armor.

Heavy Armor: 4,000 gold, +3 Toughness, -1 Movement (except Dwarf)

Shield: 350 gold, cannot be used with a bow or two-handed weapon

Leather Helmet: 100 gold, protects head (+1)
Lacks durability

Open Helm: 400 gold, protects head (+1)

Warhelm: 700 gold, protects head (+2)

turgy22

Nothing Special
Throg would like to purchase a Warhelm and the better Light Armor (Does he get trade-in value for his current armor?) Then he'll take whatever gold he has left over and visit the Gambling Den.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
What's the guidelines on using missile weapons in combat? Specifically, does it cost anything to switch from one to the other from round to round? Does one always have to be in "ready" status while traveling so it can be used immediately during encounters, or just when the encounter first starts, I can say I'm using the missile weapon even though I had used my melee weapon before?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Throg gives up his old armor and 850 gold for new Light Armor, furthering his journey toward utter invincibility...

The Gambling House works thusly: Throg may choose any amount of gold up to 200. How much he wins or loses in his visit to the Gambling House depends only on his luck. That's why it's called gambling.

As for missile weapons, it depends on the weapon. If a Warrior has multiple attacks, he cannot normally use them with different weapons (things like Dorgath's boots, which add a special attack on their own notwithstanding). Switching weapons between rounds of combat, on the other hand, can be done with impunity.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Was Throg able to sell the Hellfire Sword to Corticuss? Also, does he have provisions to buy and how much are they?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yes, Throg did sell the sword. Provisions are not absolutely necessary (as long as the Warriors are not on a long journey in an area where they cannot forage). They are available at any General Store, however, and provide a bit of extra healing.

The Fletcher has the following wares...

Shortbow: 180 gold, Strength 1, as many shots per turn as Warrior has attacks (not built for Dwarves)

Arrows: 20 gold, 30 arrows for a bow

Crossbow: 1,000 gold, Strength 5, one shot per turn

Pistol Crossbow: 1,500 gold, Strength 3, 3 shots every other turn (takes one turn to reload), 5 units maximum range

Quarrels: 30 gold, 50 quarrels for a crossbow or pistol crossbow

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I would like 30 arrows for my bow and some provisions from the general store...... being underground doesn't seem to be conducive to foraging..... at least I wouldn't want to eat what the Dwarf would forage...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hey! Dwarves eat fine, probably much better than what "Elves" might eat...

What does the gunsmith have?

turgy22

Nothing Special
The Gambling House works thusly: Throg may choose any amount of gold up to 200. How much he wins or loses in his visit to the Gambling House depends only on his luck. That's why it's called gambling.
So... with luck = 0, does that mean Throg has no chance to win? Or would one need negative luck to have less than even odds of winning some gold?

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
So... with luck = 0, does that mean Throg has no chance to win? Or would one need negative luck to have less than even odds of winning some gold?
I probably shouldn't have used the word "luck" there. I was referring to random chance (or more accurately, whatever my dice turn up), not the "Luck" attribute.

The Gunsmith has the following wares...
Dorgath is the only person in the party who can use any of these.

Brace of Pistols: 3,000 gold. Needs gunpowder and shot, Strength 6, each pistol may make one shot every other turn, 6 units maximum range.

Musket: 2,000 gold. Needs gunpowder and shot, Strength 8, fired at -2 Ballistic Skill, one shot every other turn, piercing shot can make a kill and continue to hit others behind slain victim at -1 Strength.

Shot: 100 gold. Enough for 100 uses.

Gunpowder: 100 gold. Enough for 100 uses.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Oops. I missed that Throg purchased a Warhelm, but I just caught that. Anyway, last call for purchases...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
It doesn't really matter who carries the lantern just as long as the party has a light source, but I should remind you that if Carrow does, he won't be able to use a two-handed weapon while doing so, and that includes bows.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
So who's carrying the Lantern?

Ungrun and and his men lead the Warriors on a hidden path that doesn't look like it will go anywhere near the main ruins and instead wraps around the western slopes of the mountain, but eventually you arrive at a strange-looking entrance: an ancient stone arch just off a small side-path. Grimcrag points at a carving in the arch...

"That is my father's rune and this is the entrance he passed through. No one really knows what's down there, though. So take care."

You stand in a tumbled-down archway, beyond which steps lead down into the darkness. Lichen grows on the rocks and chill and somewhat rancid breeze emanates from the black hole in the mountainside...

Attachments

turgy22

Nothing Special
I'll carry it unless someone else wants to. (This would be so much better if we could have bought night-vision goggles at the armorer.) And I'll keep the Axe of Mighty Striking as my primary weapon.

Also, it's nice to have a map again. Thanks! :)

Shall we proceed down the steps or shall we wait until Dorgath gets back from vacation?