Warhammer Quest: Death Below Karak Azgal

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hopefully Grimcrag took the humans with him.

Maybe we should back up into the hallway again so they have come at us through the doorway?

What's the properties of the Old Helm? Apparently I have that and the Helm of the Dragonslayer.

I will wield Elf-Biter unless I have a chance at the assassin, in which case I'll try to use my Skull Wand of Kaloth.

"Skaven and chaos fouling these dwarven halls! Grimnir take them!"

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
The three human prisoners are still timidly tagging alone. One of them is wearing Throg's helmet and carrying the lantern.

-The Power Phase is 5 for this turn.
-Throg quaffs his Potion of Toughness. Throg feels tough.
-Kelgar blesses Carrow with Vanquish. Carrow gains an extra attack for this turn.
-A Skaven Gutter Runner ambushes Carrow.
-The Elf Helm protects Carrow from the throwing star that suddenly strikes him.
-The Skaven Gutter Runner lands another throwing star on Carrow, but it's just a flesh wound.
-Carrow shoots a charging minotaur in the chest (3 damage).
-Carrow shoots a charging minotaur in the chest (3 damage).
-A Skaven charges Carrow, but Dorgath trips the assailant, sending it tumbling into the corner.
-A Skaven charges at Carrow, but the elf leans to one side and avoids the attack while drawing his own sword.
-A charging Skaven strikes Kelgar, but the blow bounces off his armor.
-Another skaven hits Kelgar's shoulder, but again, the priest's armor deflects the blow.
-A Skaven charges Dorgath, but the dwarf blocks the attack with his shield.
-A Skaven strikes Throg in the head, but Throg shakes it off. He's feeling far too tough to be hurt by that puny attack.
-Throg applies poison to his Blessed Sword (four uses remaining).
-A minotaur swings its club at Throg, but the Chaos warrior catches the attack on his Sword of Defiance.
-A minotaur overbalances and falls down on its butt!
-A minotaur clubs Dorgath in the head (12/15). Ouch!
-A minotaur lunges at Dorgath, but the dwarf shoves the monster back.
-Kelgar strikes a Skaven squarely in the chest, crushing its ribcage.
-Dorgath chops a minotaur's torso (6 damage).
-Dorgath slices a minotaur open with a savage kick (5 damage).
-Throg drives his poisoned sword into a minotaur's head (9 damage).
-Throg horribly misses his kick and opens himself up to his foe's counterattack (14/19).
-Throg tries to bite a minotaur, but just ends up getting thrown facefirst to the ground instead.

Next turn...

-The Power Phase is 2 for this turn.
-Throg's Lifestone of Ashraz restores 1 of his Wounds.
-Dorgath's Lifestone of Ashraz restores 3 of his Wounds.
-Kelgar fails to bless anything.
-Something flies out of the shadows and throws the Skaven assassin over the fountain. The assassin lands lifelessly on the floor behind the minotaurs.
-The mysterious entity merges with the shadows again, then, in a blur of motion, hits the three Skaven by Dorgath and Carrow. The Skaven drop dead, mutilated by wounds to their backs. The two remaining Skaven begin shouting at each other rapidly. The minotaurs ignore the commotion and continue to press their attack...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
-Carrow shoots a minotaur in the face. The bull goes down.
-A minotaur, stepping in to replace the one Carrow felled, smacks Dorgath with a massive, crude axe (12/15).
-A minotaur brings its axe down on Dorgath again (11/15).
-A minotaur swipes at Throg, but the Chaos warrior knocks the beast away with his elbow.
-A minotaur lunges at Throg, but he sidesteps the attack.
-A skaven trips over its own tail.
-A skaven tries to stab Throg, but gets shoved into a wall.
-Throg trips over a skaven's tail.
-Throg knocks a minotaur back with a powerful high kick. The monster refuses to fall down.
-Throg jumps onto a minotaur and bites the creature's neck. The minotaur finally collapses!
-Kelgar smashes another skaven with his hammer.
-Dorgath shows his minotaur opponent how to swing an axe properly (10 damage).
-Dorgath narrowly misses with a kick attack.
-Kelgar's Ring of Jade restores 3 of Throg's Wounds.
-Kelgar's Ring of Jade restores 3 of Dorgath's Wounds.
-Kelgar collects 30 gold for his healing efforts! Praise Sigmar.

Next turn...

-The Power Phase is 4 for this turn.
-Throg's Lifestone of Ashraz fully heals him.
-Dorgath's Lifestone of Ashraz fully heals him.
-Kelgar blesses Carrow with Vanquish. Carrow gets an extra attack for this turn.
-Something darts across the room again. It hamstrings the remaining minotaur, then appears next to the remaining skaven.

The shadows melt away, revealing a masked figure with a wicked-looking blade.

-Carrow finishes the crippled minotaur with an arrow through the heart.
-Carrow shoots a skaven in the shoulder.
-The masked figure slashes the skaven's throat before the skaven can launch its own attack.
-Throg collects 420 gold.
-Dorgath collects 420 gold.
-Kelgar collects 420 gold.
-Carrow collects 420 gold.
-A Mysterious Individual collects 420 gold. Wait, what?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
"Hail, stranger! Your aid is most welcome! I am Dorgath and these are my companions. May I ask your name and how you are so adept at killing Skaven and chaos monstrosities?"

B

BigBlue

A masked figure appears beside the last Skaven and sends him to the void. He seems a bit disoriented, almost dizzy. His build matches that of the dead Skaven surrounding him. The clothes he wears are tattered and there is a reek of sewer life in them.

"Whoa! I have to get more of whatever that was." Then, he notices the eyes upon him and he straightens as he takes in those eyes and their owners. "Is one of those among you named Carrow by chance?" As he says this he looks expectantly toward the elf.

B

BigBlue

OOC: I am waiting to hear if it is in fact Carrow before responding... All in good time - and if that budget isn't passed tonight, I hope it is soon for you and yours.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
" I am the Carrow you are looking for. What must I do for you now. I do seem to be the give assistance elf."
"Dorgath," in his most condecending dwarf voice, "me thinks he is no Skaven!"

B

BigBlue

"Then you are the object of my quest. I am Skullcrusher, master of the shadows. I met with the wizard Corticruss and he sent me to find you. It would appear a scuffle is brewing over you on the surface. These Skaven, brethren of mine no longer, were hired to kill you and acquire something you possess which an elven faction feels could destroy them. Corticruss was with another group of elves hoping to gain your assistance. The wood elves were leery of these gates and so I came in their stead."

"Dorgath, I am Skaven as you guessed. I hail from the Clan Slab, one of a few remnants of a doomed group." As Skullcrusher talks, he walks around the bodies, taking special notice of the Skaven Gutter Runner to see whether he recognizes any of them - or if they have hidden any loot useful in my trade. Also if there is any evidence of their recent hiring, to corroborate the story, that would help too.

"The gate from whence I came may continue to be open, it was not far from here."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Dorgath looks sorrowfully at Carrow. "Alas, when an lf cannot tell a Skaven from another race, methinks it's time for said elf to give up his bow and rest at home."

"We appreciate your aid, Skullcrusher. What is it that we possess that they would like to acquire?"

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
" So I know diddly about Skaven, thought he might be using a potion or something."
"Now what is it that I have to give up now? And why are the Elves squabling amongst themselves?"

Wood elves have good sense.

B

BigBlue

OOC - Typo... it's clan Skab, not Slab above...

"Don't be ashamed, most surfacers know little of our kind. I don't know what it is you possess and it didn't sound like you'd have to give it up. I was told some object you hold is of at least 'mythical' importance if not actual importance to the elves. This faction thought it could destroy them, which is why they wanted you dead. Perhaps Corticruss did not trust me enough to give me that information, or he doesn't feel it is of such import. He did suggest that I tag along with you when you pay him a visit. He said he'd be in Middenheim investigating these chaos gates for a few weeks before he returns to Sebmualblal."

Skullcrusher continues to search through the belongings of the dead Skaven looking for clues - perhaps they have something mentioning or a container for the object of their desire.

Skullcrusher looks at Throg. "He also mentioned that he could use some help from you as well, if you are the warrior Throg. I am not sure whether the gates remain open or for how long. I think we should move quickly to see if we can make a hasty and safe return trip."

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
"Don't be ashamed, most surfacers know little of our kind. I don't know what it is you possess and it didn't sound like you'd have to give it up. I was told some object you hold is of at least 'mythical' importance if not actual importance to the elves. This faction thought it could destroy them, which is why they wanted you dead. Perhaps Corticruss did not trust me enough to give me that information, or he doesn't feel it is of such import. He did suggest that I tag along with you when you pay him a visit. He said he'd be in Middenheim investigating these chaos gates for a few weeks before he returns to Sebmualblal
My fault for not emphasizing this: Corticruss wrote down a message to give to Carrow. I forgot to list it in Skullcrusher's items. Oops. Well, I'll just PM that to Mooseman then...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
" Well my fellow pawns, it looks like we have a choice to make. Go back to the gate and try to meet up with Corticruss or continue on with our mission from Grimcrag."

turgy22

Nothing Special
I just figured out that BigBlue is playing. For some reason, I thought Oversoul was posting the parts about Skullcrusher. So... thanks for making that "Slab-Skab" typo, or I might have gone another two weeks without realizing that we weren't being joined by yet another NPC.

Throg will give Skullcrusher one of his humans as a token of gratitude.

"Here. Have this fellow named Farticus. He releases fluids during fights that can sometimes distract and nauseate our enemies."

B

BigBlue

My fault for not emphasizing this: Corticruss wrote down a message to give to Carrow. I forgot to list it in Skullcrusher's items. Oops. Well, I'll just PM that to Mooseman then...

OOC: I kept wondering and hinting at whether there was an actual message... :) I figured it was just to find him at that point. Have any of my searches come up with anything?

Skullcrusher gives a glance at the human - presumably one of the ones in rags from behind the more vocal group. "Farticus? You surfacers sure have strange names, but then I did have a cousin named Stinker. He would often release his fluids in a fight as well; as he slinked into hiding. After a few scuffles, he was cut down by his own army. Hopefully your ability is good at distraction, that would prove most beneficial to me. Thank You."