Warcraft III in Stores Now

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

I'm definetly getting this game. The meat-a-pult draws me....can't resist.

E

Elrond

I'm definitely going to get it as soon as I'm actually able to afford it, but unfortunately for me that's going to be a while down the line.

S

Svenmonkey

I'm definitely going to get it as soon as I'm actually able to afford it, but unfortunately for me that's going to be a while down the line.
Yeah, me too.

N

nodnarb24

I picked it up on Friday, after I got back from vacation. Blizzard has made yet another great game.

J

Jigglypuff

I picked it up yesterday. I agree with nodnarb, this is definitely quality gaming.

(- Steve -)

G

Gerode

I have a friend who was a beta tester. Trust me, it lives up to the hype.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think I'll wait until it nears bargain bin pricing in a couple of years... I have too many other games that I'm trying to finish or want to play :)

J

Jigglypuff

Hey, I picked it up and I have tons of games I'm still trying to finish:

Tales of Phantasia, Tales of Destiny I and II
Final Fantasy X
Wild Arms I and II
My own RPG

That must make me an impulsive buyer...

(- Steve -)

D

Darkstar

I got it, but sadly my crap pc cant run it and my vid card at same time. Oh well I corrected that problem, new Motherboard, 1.3ghz processor, 256 mb ram and a new case to house it all is on the way. Better be worth it, cuz theoretically I just spent $300 to play Warcraft 3!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Two things from today's Gamespy newsletter:

Warcraft 3 Map Hack - Dutch
A certain Warcraft III map hack that surfaced several days ago will be countered by a patch Blizzard is currently working on. Blizzard is furious and is dedicated to keep with their aggressive stance against hacking or cheating of any kind:"[we] will ban the CD key of anyone caught using this hack in Warcraft III. Furthermore, we will continue to randomly monitor games connected through Battle.net to ensure fair play.

The developer asks Warcraft III players to save their replay if they suspect someone has cheated when playing against them. If you have played a game against someone you suspect of having cheated, you can file a complaint at hacks@blizzard.com (be sure to attach your saved replay file). Also, they kindly ask you to notify that address f you have any information on persons or Web sites found to be distributing any type of hack or cheat program affecting any Blizzard game.

Blizzard sincerely appeals "to anyone considering using a map hack program, [we] take no pleasure in banning the CD keys and preventing play over Battle.net of people who have legitimately purchased a copy of one or more of our games." Read the entire communique here, before hopping over to PlanetWarcraft for more news on this issue as it becomes available.
And

Blizzard Needs Game Masters - hardcore_pawn
This little nugget just in from Blizzard's Mr. Fraizer regarding new Game Master roles for the upcoming MMO title, World of Warcraft:

"Blizzard Entertainment is looking for experienced Game Masters to work with our upcoming game World of Warcraft. Game Masters will be responsible for in-game customer support, helping manage our online community, and assisting with the creation of content during the development of the game. The ideal candidate has prior experience as a full-time Game Master for a MMORPG, is very organized, and has excellent communication and customer service skills."
Get the scoop right here

F

FoundationOfRancor

Does anyone have any tips for beating chapter seven of the elf campaign? I just cant stop that damn Archimonde...theres got to be a way without reducing the difficulty.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Never mind...I just beat it. On Normal..and it was really hard. I cant wait to see what Difficult looks like!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
From yesterday's Gamespy newsletter:

Warcraft III 1.03 Update Released - Prophet
Blizzard Entertainment has released a major update to its popular real-time strategy role-playing game, Warcraft III. Update 1.03 for Windows offers so many changes, fixes and tweaks to the game that they are too numerous to list here, but you can find out all the details from this page. You can grab the update from FilePlanet right now:

Warcraft III 1.03 Update (Win) - FilePlanet.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
From today's Gamespy newsletter:

Warcraft III Patch v1.04 - legion
Blizzard just tacked up the newest patch for War III bring us up to version 1.4. You can grab it just by logging on to Battle.net now. Most of the changes are minor balance issues with the Night Elves and a few Human and Undead. Check out the full list of changes here, then grab it from FilePlanet.

Source: PlanetWarcraft
Note: Apparently the patch is not available yet on Fileplanet, so I looked on the Blizzard site and this is what it said to do to upgrade:

Version 1.04 Upgrade Patch
The version 1.04 patch can be downloaded and installed by connecting to Battle.net using Warcraft III. A stand-alone 1.04 upgrade patch will be available at this website very shortly.

C

Chaos Turtle

Just felt like throwing that out...

Look for me on USEast: "Chaos-Turtle" (of course) or under the clan-name (better chance these days) "Robiza[GitA]." We can do some Arranged Team or (if U brave ;)) go head to head.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
From Jan. 31 Gamespy newsletter:
Warcraft III Patch
Kyote | 18:58 | Strategy

The recently-released 1.05 patch for Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos, Blizzard's hit RTS, is now available for manual download at FilePlanet. It contains all the previous fixes made in 1.04c and before, and the one fix in 1.05, a problem viewing certain replays. It's 6.9 MB.

Source: StrategyPlanet

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Frozen Throne MP Map Contest - Prophet
Blizzard Entertainment passed along word of a Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne Multiplayer Map Contest that will award a grand prize package that includes a signed copy of Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne, inclusion in the game's online credits and much more. The contest begins today and ends on April 11th. Full details, rules and full disclosure on the prize package can be found at the aforementioned link.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Warcraft III Patch - Kyote
Blizzard has released the official 1.06 patch for Warcraft III, their hit fantasy RTS. This patch institutes major changes to armor, damage, attack types, and lots more that's sure to be important if you're a fan of the game. Check PlanetWarcraft for news on the patch.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
More about the 1.06 patch from today's Gamespy newsletter:
Warcraft III Patches - Kyote
The official 1.06 patch for Blizzard's hit RTS Warcraft III has already been released on the game's autopatching system, but now you can download it as well if you choose. FilePlanet has the 1.06 patch in Russian, Polish, Korean, Italian, Chinese Traditional, Czech, Spanish, Japanese, French, German, English, and Chinese simplified. For the Mac, FilePlanet offers the Japanese, French, German, and English versions. Want more Warcraft? Visit PlanetWarcraft.