Warcraft III in Stores Now

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Spiderman
I'm still "working" on the expansion for Warcraft II... (I say working though I haven't really played it in a couple months)
Me either, though I have occasionally gone in and played one of the scenarios from the original just for kicks. I got stuck on "Dance of the Laughing Skull" in the expansion, and died a good half a dozen times or so trying to beat it. I've been meaning to go back to it one of these days and try again.

I just haven't made it that far...<sigh>

R

Reverend Love

I really enjoyed playing this single campaign with Rexxar the beast master. Definitely a nice change of pace from the required micromanaging...eagerly awaiting the update.

S

Svenmonkey

Rexxar the beast master?!

We all know that Dar (last of his tribe!) is the real Beastmaster.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
From today's Gamespy news:
Warcraft III Patch by Kyote

Blizzard has released the official 1.12 patch for both Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos, and its addon, Warcraft III: The Frozen Throne. For Warcraft III, this 1.12 patch fixes a multiplayer custom map desync problem between Warcraft III and Frozen Throne and a few other issues. The Frozen Throne 1.12 patch fixes foreign language versions with cinematic problems, makes changes to several multiplayer maps and creeps, and makes small adjustments to certain units. For more news, check PlanetWarcraft.

Source: StrategyPlanet

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
From today's Gamespy newsletter:
Warcraft III 1.13 Status - Prophet
Blizzard announced this afternoon that the latest Warcraft III update, version 1.13, is in final testing. The latest update offers a number of additions to the popular RTS-RPG game including Acts II and III of the Orc Campaign, several new World Editor features, updates to many of the maps, and numerous balance adjustments. The 1.13 patch should be released in the next couple of weeks, according to Blizzard. Check out the official site for full details. Blizzard also plans to release the art tools for Warcraft III. These tools will allow "advanced users" to create new art for the game.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
From Thursday's Gamespy newsletter:
Warcraft III X-Mas! - Kyote
PlanetWarcraft notes that Blizzard has released a holiday package for its fans, consisting of a new Warcraft III map: Official Blizzard Tower Defense, and their yearly holiday wallpaper, this year featuring the orcs. For more Warcraft news, visit PlanetWarcraft!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
From today's Gamespy newsletter:
Warcraft III Patch Released - Kyote
Due to a severe "Tab Bug", Blizzard has released Patch 1.14b for Warcraft III and its expansion The Frozen Throne. The patch fixes an issue with recalling control groups and quickly pressing "TAB" to change your selected subgroup. Learn all about it at PlanetWarcraft.