Voting Issue: Should the CPA be about Magic only?

Should the CPA be about Magic only?

• Magic only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other games too

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Doesn't matter, I'll stay anyway

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Are you talking about for the front page? I have no idea, the rest of the Founders/mods/admins still haven't made a decision yet to definitely go that way. I'll see if I can prod them.

D

DÛke

...of course I'm talkin' about the front page!

I believe it's a very nice direction to go on to. There are always video games out there, so there will always be something to write about, unlike Magic.

You don't see a site selling *only* Magic cards...you see a site selling card games. It should be that way when it comes to Magic content...not just Magic, but other TCGs and VGs...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I didn't know if you were talking about writing for General Gaming or the front page; Ura wrote a review of the X-Box a while ago and put it in General Gaming.

Actually, there was one site that sold only Magic cards for a while. Can't remember the name because I last bought a box of Stronghold from them and haven't kept up (though I still get updates from them).

D

DÛke

...they go on the front page, it would be more "serious." It would attract more people...

The people of the CPA have spoken themselves...look at the poll results...

R

Rando

Damn straight.

The only problem now, as I see it, is that the founders will be reluctant to change, because the site will then no longer be exactly what they founded.

But, none of the founders are really active in the day to day operation of the site anymore. So, I feel it's kinda sad that they can make or break this idea even though they wouldn't really be effected, since they don't come around much anymore.

D

DÛke

...Rando. I myself am doubtful. However, it is really clear as to what has to be done, and what the people want.

The Founders of the CPA are all great people whom we all respect. It's time for change though...we gotta move on. We need new founders of the new CPA (metaphorically speaking.)

It's not like we're gonna exclude Magic or anything. It will have its place, and we'd keep it's casual voice alive...should anything eccentric happens. All we're gonna do is simply evolve the site...modernize it...make it more "open minded"...

I believe this is the final step on deciding whether the CPA would become a better place, or keep as it is and maybe fall downward some more...

I urge all founders to consider the idea...it's a very pleasant one that doesn't have many cons, just possible pros...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I agree about the Founders; however, it'd be nice to get a definite word from them about this so there's no confusion later.

D

DÛke

Well, send them emails or something! I've got video-game articles just burning on my hard drive. Of course, I could submit them to IGN or something, and they'd kiss my feet for it...but I wanna submit them here to make an "attraction"...

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by DÛke
...they go on the front page, it would be more "serious." It would attract more people...

The people of the CPA have spoken themselves...look at the poll results...
Actually, guys, the most glaring result from the poll so far is that only 24 of the people here care enough about the site to vote on it's direction for the future...:(

I really thought that there were more of us here that cared than that...:confused:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's actually pretty good, considering that's about the number of active members we currently have.

Look for the definite word by the end of the week; in the meantime, you can submit your stuff so it'll be ready to go when the word comes.

R

Rando

SAdly, if you want a poll to have the most exposure, you'll have to post it in the Off-Topic forum.

In fact, it may be a good idea to do just that.

G

Griffith_se

Just for the heck of it, this is kinda my idea of how I think the
Forums should be arranged.

Just my own random thoughts.

CPA Stuff
==============================================
New members
Suggestions
Testing
Voting Forum

Magic the Gathering
MTG Issues
Deck Help
Single Card Strategy
Rules Questions

Other Games
Other CCG's
Role Playing
Video Games

Non Game Related
Current Events
Random Thoughts
Battle Arena
Trading Post

R

Rando

I like it, but I'd put the borring stuff like testing and feedback at the bottom of the page.

D

DÛke

That's genius, Griffth. :)

Here's a slight moderation:

---
Welcome to the CPA!
New Members
Suggestions
Testing
Trading Forum

Magic the Gathering
MTG Issues
Deck Help
Single Card Strategy
Rules Questions

Other Games
Non-Magic CCGs
Role Playing
Video Games

Off Topic
Current Events
Random Thoughts
Battle Arena
---

I took out the Voting Forum because its pointless. Voting polls should be posted within the forums paradigm. If it's Magic-related, than it would be in the MTG Issues, if it's about other games, than it goes there. We don't need a whole forum for it.

I really like it...

R

Rando

#1 The Borring stuff like testing and feedback should be at the bottom of the page.

#2 There should be a spot for traditional card and board games.

#3 Paradigm means either an example or modal of something, or a list af all possible meanings and history of a word.

D

DÛke

1. I disagree. They should be first.

2. There's is: see "Other Games."

3. Paradigm has other meanings. The one I used was "...the total and complete domain of something," which I get from my Philosophy class...

4. There's no point arguing on something that doesn't exist yet.

5. The end.

H

Hetemti

Originally posted by DÛke
Welcome to the CPA!
New Members
Suggestions
Testing
Trading Forum
What's Trading doing *here*? Are we gonna be trading suggestions on how to test new members? Stick a trading forum in sections where people might be trading something...like their souls.

Magic the Gathering
MTG Issues
Deck Help
Single Card Strategy
Rules Questions
I don't think you need that many. All four could be one forum. Or no forum. Not like anyone bothers with MtG anymore, anyway.

Other Games
Non-Magic CCGs
Role Playing
Video Games
You forgot about so many classes of games! What about board games, non-collectable card games, lewd games, lawn darts, and hunting humans for sport?

Off Topic
Current Events
Random Thoughts
Battle Arena
Rename as follows:
Current Events = People with nothing better to do but argue unprovable points for months without resolution.
Random Thoughts = Spamland
Battle Arena = Text-basted Nerf Fights

R

Rando

I think soneone's a little bitter that the vote did not go thier way...