Voting Issue: Should the CPA be about Magic only?

Should the CPA be about Magic only?

• Magic only

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other games too

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Doesn't matter, I'll stay anyway

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Like when the discussion for the formation of the CPA were first made, I don't care either way. I'll just go with the flow of whatever happens... :)

T

TheGuyFromTheOtherPost

No. The CPA should not be about Magic only.

Part of the CPA's momentum is having the ability to talk about a great domain of things. We are unlimited as to what we can discuss.

However, I think that sometimes people just go overboard as to what they're discussing. Like those threads concerning "the events." Those kind of threads should be restricted by now, because they generate new wars, are breaking people apart, and they don't even give anyone any new information.

Magic, politics, movies, music, whatever -- it's all good. Just make sure people don't go too far into one end of a subject, especially if it's been done already.

Keep the CPA's spirit alive by keeping the diversity, but and getting rid of absurdity.

M

Multani

I think that now, we should maintain the focus as Magic. We could loosen up a bit, but I still think the primary focus should be Magic. If we don't have a focus, then there will eventually be even more chaos and these boards will eventually suffer the same fate as those of MtGnews...

A

Apollo

I say we should keep it Magic. If you diversify, you might cover 5 games, but there'll always be another site that covers one of those games and covers it better. The Magic player will go to brainburst (or whatever), the showdown player will go to showdowncards.com, etc. I don't think mediocre coverage of a bunch of games will get more members than better coverage of Magic.

That said, other games can still be discussed in Off Topic, if ya like. There should be one focus, though.

R

rkoelsch

My feelings are that it should be primarily Magic but allow discussion of other games. I like the rpgs and other games we play here as well as discussing any new game that comes out. We cannot compete with the larger strategy sites but keeping a casual attitude will allow others to come here and voice an opinion without being called a moron(hopefully).

B

BigBlue

I think this "General" gaming site would be kicka$$. I'm all for that. I would, egotistical maniacal fanatic that I am, like to see it somewhat as I proposed, let the other games come when someone can support it. That means Admins for those games forums and articles as well as the support of the people already here. I don't think we should bring a game or genre in if no one wants it, that would be destined to fail, but making an RPG or computer RPG area would be cool. We already put threads in for those topics on occaision. It would be formalizing those threads which would perpetuate those discussions. If the current moderators and admins of the CPA like the idea I propose we have a vote for what the first other forum would be.

"Players" can mean any game, so we shouldn't change our name. If you pick something which interests me, I would be willing to help out. And I'm going to also try to keep up on the "You Break the Card" series, with wrap-up "articles" weekly unless they don't get any response.

And the influence should still be Magic First imho. You can't forget your roots and I would never want current CPA members to feel forgotten or trampled.

M

MrXarvox

I'm all for expansion. Magic is, of course, the site's root (and therefore should occupy the highest position) but it's time we were the alliance of casual players... of all games.
Casual shall be the tie that binds! In this I see a grand future.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
I should have thought of it myself, but I was in a hurry to get to bed when I posted that...:eek:

E

Elrond

I voted befoe Spiderman added the third option, which is what I would've voted for if it was available at that time.

B

BigBlue

I figured that option was implied. I mean just because we may add other things, that wouldn't drive me away, and just because I think other things would be neat, I wouldn't leave if that didn't happen.

T

Thallid Ice Cream Man

If we took other games too, one of the benefits would be that we would have to restructure our off-topic section. That place is badly in need of some structure, as we can see by the overwhelming number of threads about "the events" where two or so should suffice.

Of course, maybe we should do that even if we don't change the site around...

Still, I like the idea of the CPA becoming a site on casual gaming/gaming, so I'm for it. It would lose in some ways, but it would gain in others.

G

Gobo

This site would fly down faster than the twin tower's if you did that.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Elrond: Tell me what you originally voted for and I'll change it. :)

BigBlue: Yeah, but you never know... if someone voted Magic, they might leave if it became other games so I just wanted to put that choice up there.

D

DÛke

Can we write X-Box reviews yet? I've played so many games, and I'm just dying to create a controversy via my reviews...and you know? The people in the video-gaming world are dying to read good game-reviews…this place would flood with new members…

Come on, are we CASUAL yet, or not?