Voted Most Unlikely To Play Magic:

A

Almindhra

I'm always 90% accurate in me first impressions of people...I'm sorry, but its true...And I think "artists" in the "pop industry" are taking people for a ride of insanely poor music...And I value music!...I'm sure most of you do...And yeah, I do judge people...All you who are sayng its bad or whatever, thats crap...And I will judge people by what music they listen to...Is music not life?...Its everywhere, and many people base their lives on it...Idolizing artists, fashion from artists, TV is set to watch The Box all day, watching Behind the Music on VH1, dancing to your fav music, does no one do these things?...Doesn't that reflect and affect a person?...Yes, it does, and you all know it...

D

DÛke

...you seem to miss my point sweetheart.
Well, I guess I was wrong when I said that music has nothing to do with personality. It does, but not 100%.
You can't just base your judgement by what people listen to, you just can't.

Yes, you can have that somewhere in your list, but not the 'only' thing in your list. Music, fashion, looks, voice, origin, and all that stuff, has something to do with personality. You can't judge a person by where they're from 'only'. You can't just judge a person by what they listen to 'only'. Is that more logical baby?

It should be.
Music, a long with many other facts, form the person.
If you dislike me because of what I listen to, than you are wrong.

Ok, judge me if you can:

I listen to 1 of Nsync's song.
I listen to 2 of Limp Bizkit's songs.
I listen to all of Enigma's songs.
I listen to 2 of Jay Z's songs.
I listen to all of Filter's songs.
I listen to 1 of Korn's songs.
and finally,
I listen to 3 Savage Garden's songs.

What does that tell you about me?
I realy do listen to all these.

Does it tell you that I'm gay because I like 1 of Nsync's songs? Or does it tell you that I'm an asshole because I listen to some Limp Bizkit?
Am I a freak because I listen to Enigma?
See, you can't tell who I am just by knowing what I listen too. You 'have' to have more facts about me, or the person inorder to place your accurate judgement.

Baby, if you judge everyone by 'only' what they listen to, than you are wrong. There's nothing to it.

I was wrong when I said music doesn't reflect the person.
But you are wrong when you say music is the only judgement.

[Edited by DÛke on August 19th, 2000 at 05:45 AM]

N

Neo_Keo

To say that you can judge someone's attitude, or anything else by their Preference in music is not a reliable way. Sure you sometime could do that but the several you meet doesn't speek for the rest. The only way you could judge a perso is by personal experiencea as a friend, enemy whatever but not by music, clothes, looks, or any other extrisic things.

" Do not judge me by my weakness, my habits, my looks................... but by my heart, my endevours, my willpower, my loyalty, and my friendship."

D

DÛke

...good point comes from Neo Keo(Geo? :)).
So, Almindhra, if you do judge people by what the listen to, are you saying that 'everyone' that listens to a particual kind of music 'is' the same as the other person that listens to the 'same' kind of music? So you got me and Zadok, we both listen to some Savage Garden, are we the same? For sure no. We aren't the same. I don't think I need to explain are differences.

So, Almindhra, you listen to KoRn and all that? Right? Do you like to be called an 'a$$hole' because once I had a friend that listened to KoRn and infact, was an a$$hole?
I can't say you are an a$$hole because you remind me of my friend, which listened to KoRn, can I? Nope. You, are different from all the other girls I've known (trust me on that one babe :)). I am positively sure that you are unique in your own way Almindhra. You are 'not' like all the other girls that listen to KoRn or whatever you listen to. If you aren't unique, that's not my problem.

The point is, Music is 'one' of the many facts to concider when judging someone. Should I leave a happy face? Yes: :).

[Edited by TomB on August 19th, 2000 at 06:26 AM]

A

Almindhra

I'm not saying thats the only thing you judge a person by...That would be stupid...I'm saying that it is important...Because it does affect our lives...

D

DÛke

Ok, you aren't a "babe" or a "sweetheart", I forgot, you are Magic's "Bitch":), right? Ok, no offense :).

M

Multani

Unfortunately, my Magic Group is nerdy. We all get straight A's and a good portion of us are Asian.

There are a few exceptions.... :D

F

FoundationOfRancor

I dont think youcan judge a person whatsoever by the music they listen to. Really, the only thing that matters is if you like there personality...whats the point on judging them about something else?

Aldimira's gonna flame me for that...thats why I didnt say *all* i wanted to so i wouldnt be killed! :)

A

Almindhra

Oh no, please go on...I won't flame you...Go ahead FoR...Talk!...Talk now boy!...