Voted Most Unlikely To Play Magic:

T

TheGuyFromTheOtherPost

...Almindhra, you look like, um, who is it? Takara, but you are more evil looking :). It's all good though.

How old are you Almindhra? I would guess between 18-20.

I know you wouldn't get offended, after all you're Almindhra, but I'm still the Guy from the other post.

N

nodnarb24

Tag Guard

In my area I go into the store and the only people i see are 30 something year olds. I only know at most 10 people who play magic in my high school. We are mostly those people in the middle of the social ladder. But by far i'm the coolest.

Killer Joe

J/K Ally.
I know it's human nature to want to 'group' folks into categories ie: Democrats/Republicans/People who don't bathe/People who do etc....However, don't be so surprised to find out that someone you didn't suspect to play MTG, does. You just might make them feel alienated -(What! I'm too old to play a child's game?)- that was just an example so 'pipe-down' sparky. Two of my freshman play magic and when they found out that I played MTG, well, let's just say the look on their faces were stunning. I almost felt like I was a freak or something, good thing that age/maturity chromisome(sp?) kicked-in and I recovered.
I love it when I discover MTG'ers that are 30+ yrs. of age. I'm 38 myself and I have MTG friends that range from 13 to 54. I will say, and I'm sure I'll get a little flaming for this, that SOME (repeat:SOME), not all, teenagers, especially when I meet them for the first time, will act like: "Man, aren't you too old to play?" or "Cool, another win for me." and my favorite, silence.
Now, a man of the cloth, that would be an interesting person to see playing a Necro deck.

D

Duel

Okay, wanna rumble? First, this person has two X chromosomes. Next, she's catholic. Like devout. Seriously. Next, she also has no nerd-like habits. The girl is literally a cheerleader, and has the blond haired, blue eyes, big... um... legs thing. She has a boyfriend, loves to play black discard, and is very perky.... Plus, she listens to high pop. Like N'Suck, and Spears. THAT'S a statistical unlikelyhood.

N

nodnarb24

Tag Guard

Get that freaky girl away from me. Who ever listens to that crap music i immediately do not like.

T

TheGuyFromTheOtherPost

...Nodnarb, I don't see anything wrong with 'that' type of music. Hey, everyone is different, you can't judge people by what they eat, their past, look like, listen to, and what they say. That's completely wrong.

And Duel, I've seen those kind of people too. I kind of like to see different people playing the same game. It makes me feel like the earth is connected or something (which it is by the way).

The more different people we have, the more different deck styles, originality, and types of playing there will be.

Wheather you're a girl, a guy, an animal, an it, or anything, I will always be the Guy from the other post.

Z

Zadok001

LoL. Let's see what you think of _this_, nodnarb! Here's a list of some of the music on my Mp3 player at this very moment:

Savage Garden
Jewel
Phantom of the Opera
Jesus Christ Superstar
Propeller Heads
The soundtrack to What Dreams May Come
Paul Simon
The soundtrack to Mononoke Hime
Fire Truck Chase
The Byrds
Melonie Crittendon (Who the hell? She's written all of what, one song, and she's _good_?)
The theme song from Angel
O Fortuna
The Verve Pipe
Don Mclean
Sara McLachan

Ok, now tell me that's not strange music selections. Music has _nothing_ to do with what kind of person someone is. Some of my closest friends perfer music _totally_ off center from what I listen to (yeah, as if what I listen to is anything specific...). Yet we're very, very similar. :)

Hey, I'm waiting for the flames now. :) Everyone should find something to take offense at in that list _somewhere_. :)

"... Oh, here's something called 'Bad Blood' from the Matrix soundtrack..."

N

nodnarb24

Tag Guard

The main reason i said that is that most of the girls at my school that listen to that crap sing out load which is the worst part. I don't really mind if you listen to it just don't make me hear it.

Zadok_ I haven't heard of most of those things. They are not the worst ones i have seen. The main ones i hate are those gay boy bands and those teen girls. Also i have heard some of Propellerheads songs and there alright. I have no probably with Phantom of the Opera, everyone has to have some class in there lives.

I prefer to listen to prodigy, korn, rob zombie, white zombie, sometimes propellerheads, NIN, and other stuff like that.

D

Duel

Man! You've got good taste! With the exception of Melonie Armadon, or whoever, and the theme song from Angel, those are all good songs!

Z

Zadok001

Duel, you'd like the Melonie character... Go try and find the song 'Broken Road' on Napster. :)

[Secondarily, YOU DON'T COUNT for the purposes of this 'Flame Zadok' test! :) I _know_ you like that stuff! you introduced me to some of it! --Zadok001]

T

TheGuyFromTheOtherPost

...a matter of fact Nodnarb, they aren't 'gay' boybands! How do you know they're actually 'gay'? What, because they like to sing 'moody' songs? AND who doesn't? Hey, Korn, or whatever you teenagers listen to is kind of 'moody' too. Heck, you're talking to a guy that likes Limp Bizkit and Three Doors Down, but personally, I enjoy all kind of songs, yes, that's right, all kind of songs, pop like Nsync (Bye Bye Bye), punk bands like Limb Bizkit (Nookie and the M:I2 sound track), R&B like Enigma (Between Mind and Heart and The Eyes of Truth), and others like Savage Garden (The Animal Song), Three Doors Down (Duck and Run), rap like Jay Z (Can I get a...), and instrumentals (like the ones from the X-Men soundtrack). So now what, are going to call me gay? I would like to call myself 'open minded' and a person who is 'down to earth' and a person that 'could get a long with everyone and everybody', I think that describes me better than the word 'gay', because what's 'gay' in todays world are those people who think what you listen to makes you who you are, or what you look like, or what your skin color is like, or where you from: THAT makes you 'gay' my friend, not listening to boy bands.

Hey, we are all friends here, it shouldn't matter what you and I listen to, or eat, or whatever. We have a common thing: Magic the Gathering, and we should be focused on that, not boy bands, or whatever the heck you guys call it. Life is about living it up, not about wasting your time calling someone 'gay' or herasing someone because they're different. Everyone is different, and that's why the human race have survived. Unique-ness.

Hey, Nodnarb, call me 'gay' or call me 'open minded', or call me a 'freak' or call me 'whatever' you like, no matter what, I will always be the Guy from the other post :)

D

Django

I believe me and a few of my friends are unlikely magic players judging from the player base we have here in the redneck miner town we live in. All the other magic players here are complete nerds. Small and skinny teenagers with acne etc.. :)
We, on the other hand, are not nerds in any way. I think. We like cars, girls, drinking and fighting (well, at least some of us like fighting) and we are not short or skinny. :D

It will feel so good moving the hell outta here this autumn.

F

FoundationOfRancor

Well, completey off topic but interesting... I listen to

Limp Bizkit
Korn
Slipknot
Frank Sinatra
Ragtime
Red Hot chili pepers
QUEEN! they rock!
rob zombie
billy joel
papa roach
rage agaisnt the machine
The angel theme (I love the angel show!11)

And PostGuy is right, I personally dont like N'sync, or the backstreet boys...but to each his own, right? However, I find that when I introduce some of my better stuff to backstreet boys, they forget about those alley dudes in a second. I think they dont have anything in there songs...nothing meaningful.

But I dont mind if someone listens to them. And that doesent make them gay, but even if they are gay-theres nothing wrong with that!

A

Almindhra

Ok, knowing music and being a talented musician, the music world makes me sick out there...Pop is not music!...Spears is not music...How can anyone listen to pop?!...Now granted you could say Korn or Bizkit isn't music, but at least theres true feeling in their songs...Well, I don't like screaming either...But the Backstreet boys and all that crap, they are not musicians!...And they plague the music world!...Argh!!!...No one knows good music!!

F

Fire Slinger

To continue the off-topic theme...

I listen to all kinds of music:
  • Industrial (Tool, Rammestein)
  • Alternative (Korn, Disturbed, 3 Doors Down, Limp Bizkit, etc.)
  • Techno (Moby)
  • Rap (Tu Pac, Jayz)
  • Classic Rock (Pink Floyd)

When I first heard some of the songs by N'Sync, I thought they were pretty cool, but then the radio started playing them 3 times an hour, every hour. See, I think the most songs are good, until radio ruins the song. I don't mind what people listen to, just don't play it around me (especially country {ewwwww...}).

D

Dark Horse

My most unlikely person to play magic is 37 year old lesbian who works at a local Mcdonalds. Im not kidding.

I think that stuff sucks personally. Jewels got an ok voice but I hate the songs. Savage Garden I really dislike. I havent even heard of that Melanie person, and dislike Phantom of the Opera. The theme musics are all ok though.

Right now I got an obsession for A Perfect Circle, but im not a vampire person, I just love the band. Most of my MP3 is REM, Toole, Pearl Jam, a perfect circle, and some weird personal favorites that dont quite fit in.

Jude
Losing my Religion
Brahms Aria
Indiferrence
Insignificance
Absolutly
Higher
Grievance
Nothing as it seems
The theme song to Fresh Prince of Bel Air
Welcome to the occupation
Jeromy
Opiate
Flood
King of the Birds
Beethovens symphony 9 the shortened version

Thats about it.

T

TheGuyFromTheOtherPost

I do understand your opinion perfectly. Hey, you are just like everyone else, you are different. The question that will really bug you latter on is: would you judge people by what they listen to? [ARRGGG! Does that line SO remind anyone else of the Matrix??? --Zadok001]

Isn't this what the non-Magic players do: they judge Magic players as 'nerds' but as we are seeing here, not all of us are nerds.
Isn't it wrong for the people to say that we, the Magic players, are nerds? The same thing is being done to the rest of the society: calling them adjectives that, first of all, are used incorrectly, and second of all, are incorrectly implied at the people.

The question of different people playing Magic have been answered for all I see; the real question now, would you play with those 'different' people? Or are they too 'different' to even make friends with? If I see a person that wants to play, and I have the time, I will play, no matter what the person 'is', hey, I just want to play Magic, why judge them? I judge people when they call other people 'gay', and they don't even know if 'they are' as a matter of fact 'gay' or not. I judge people when the call me 'stupid Mexican' while I'm not Mexican, I'm just an over-tanned person (and even if I 'was a Mexican, why should that be a difference?). I judge people when they dislike others because those 'others' are different. Remember, people only judge 'you' the way you judged 'them'.

We are all part of a big nexus. We should all get a long, no matter how different we are from each other: wheather phyiscally or mentally (I'm sure I'm mentally) different. Magic is a game for everyone and anyone, you aren't the best, nither am I, her, him, she, he, them, us, it, or whomever.

And, wheather you agree or disagree with me, I will always be the 'different' Guy from the 'different' other post.

T

theorgg

Pink Floyd.
Devo.
Weird Al's Polkas.
Al's parodies.
Raahmst(sneeze)en
Lynard Skynard
Metallica
They Might Be Giants
more floyd
more Al
more Devo.

I dare to be stupid and admit it: I AM A NERD! I'm Through Bein' Cool*, BABY!

~~~~~~~
-The Orgg

*Devo reference