Upcoming Elections

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by mythosx, May 25, 2004.

1. mythosx Legendary Creature-Human

How do you see the presidential race unfolding this year?

Bush is trailing in the polls and Kerry isn't touching it Will president Bush even have time to campaign or will he be off trying to bail himself and America out of this shameful and desperate situation?
  2. Reverend Love New Member

I think everyone can agree that the only thing appealing about Kerry is he's not Bush. No charisma, no leadership qualities, no strong viewpoints, all in all a very blasé candidate. If Kerry does win, he can thank Karl Rove's inadequacies handling snafu after snafu. Should Kerry take away the house he's out in four years, most likely replaced by McCain....then we get to witness the battle everyone's dying to see, McCain vs. Hillary.

I really like how Kerry's playing Iraq. He's on record for staying but everyone magically assumes that he's for pulling out.... marvelous slight of hand.
  3. train The Wildcard!!!...

I'll say it now...

Kerry won't win it...

*note to self... pull out the rifle and scope, and arrange some practice shooting...
  4. chocobo_cid Thyme Devourer

An interesting diversion: if Bush is re-elected and Sen H. Clinton runs and wins in 2008 (not too big ifs, I say) then the US has been lead since 1988 by members of two political families.
  5. mythosx Legendary Creature-Human

ooh interesting observation chocobo. I thought we set up a system to avoid this kind of thing.
  6. Istanbul Sucker MCs call me sire.

Bush will win.
    He gave America what it loves most: a war. And make no mistake, America looooooves a war, especially when it's against an enemy it's so easy to take down - sort of an international bully, as it were.
  7. Spiderman CPA Man in Tights, Dopey Administrative Assistant

I think Bush will win, but it will be close barring some "miracle" in Iraq that brings that to a satisfactory closure. Sure, Bush brought a war but he also brought the post-war headaches.

We have one, it's just so happens that the strongest contenders of each period are from the two families. More coincidence than design, I'd say (and the Clinton one is still in the future). You notice Bush didn't run in '96 against Clinton... it was a weak Republican field then.
  8. train The Wildcard!!!...

FYI -

Trivia - 21 presidents were of the same family tree - all descended from William the Conqueror...
  9. mythosx Legendary Creature-Human

I know that. But they are very distant family members. These 2 families are immideate famliy. Heck, legally Hill and bill are the same person, for now....
  10. Reverend Love New Member

Isty you go to college right?
  11. train The Wildcard!!!...

yeah - that's why it was trivia...

Rev... try to persuade Isty to vote for us...:D
  12. Istanbul Sucker MCs call me sire.

Close. WENT to college.
  13. chocobo_cid Thyme Devourer

Also, it is rumored that up to the same nuber were of the Masonic Order.

That's not fact though, and meant purely as jest.

:D
  14. train The Wildcard!!!...

the masons do have tons of influential people in their midsts... but so do catholics...

and both are below the skulls...;) :D
  15. Istanbul Sucker MCs call me sire.

Lots of people are descended from lots of people.
    Judge by who people are, not who their ancestors were.
  16. Reverend Love New Member

We'll not have that kind of talk here in Political Discussions.

Now lets get on to same'ol tragically hip "America the Evil Empire" bashing!
  17. mythosx Legendary Creature-Human

I heard America in the locker calling Christy a slut. God she is such a bit...
  18. chocobo_cid Thyme Devourer

There was only one Catholic president. Not that he was a shining example of the faith...
  19. train The Wildcard!!!...

There are many more powerful people than the president...;)
  20. chocobo_cid Thyme Devourer

Not domestically...