Tribal Game 6

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I assume he's swinging at Limited

No responses to Oversoul's Force of Will (man, this game suddenly picked up!)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
All right, here's the board at the start of Mooseman's turn.

Spidey: 20
Hand: 6
Libraty: 47
In Play:

(U,U) Forest x2
(U) Quicksand (T: add 1 to my mana pool. T, sac ~: Target attacking creature w/o flying gets -1/-2 ueot)
(U,) Desert (T: add 1 to my mana pool. T: ~ deals 1 dmg to target attacking creature. Play this ability only during the end of combat step)

(U) Sol Ring (T: add 2 to my mana pool)

(U) Metamorphic Wurm (3/3, Threshold - ~ gets +4/+4)
(U) Trained Armodon (3/3)

Graveyard:
RFG:

DarthFerret: 10
Hand: 4
Library: 48
In Play:

(U,U) Desert
(T,T,U,U) Forest x4

(U) Jolrael's Centaur (2/2, Flanking, cannot be the target of spells or abilities)
(S) Skyshooter (1/2, can block flyers; T: Sac to kill an attacking or blocking critter with flying)

Graveyard: Whirlwind
RFG:

Oversoul: 19
Hand: 2
Library: 45
In Play:

-Islandx4 (T, T, T, T)
-(T) Coral Merfolk (4/2; Islandwalk)
-(U) Face-down creature (2/2)
-(T) Lord of Atlantis (3/3; Islandwalk; Gives other merfolk +1/+1 and islandwalk)
-(T) Lord of Atlantis (3/3; Islandwalk; Gives other merfolk +1/+1 and islandwalk)

Graveyard: Brainstorm, Brainstorm, Force of Will
RFG: Counterspell

Mooseman: 20
Library: 49
In Play:

(T) Tundra (T: Add either U or W )
(T) Island

(U) Isochrone Scepter (Imprinted w/Boomerang) (2T: You may copy the imprinted instant card and play the copy without paying its mana cost)

(U) DreamStalker (Illusion 1/5, When ~ comes into play, return a permanent you control to its owner's hand)

Graveyard: Krovikan Mist
RFG:Boomerang

Limited: 8
Hand: 3
In Play:

(T) Island
(T) Mountain
(T) Steam Vents
(T) Steam Vents

(T) Phantom Warrior (2/2) [Unblockable]
(U) DreamStalker Illusion (1/5) [When ~ comes into play, return a permanent you control to its owner's hand]

Graveyard: Krovikan Mist, Suffocating Blast
RFG:
Errant Epheremon Illusion (4/4) [Flying. Suspend 4 - 1U] *1 time counter*

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Untap, upkeep, draw
Isochrone Scepter, imprint Trickbind
Treva's Ruins , return the island to my hand
Done

In Play:

(U,U) Forest x2
(U) Quicksand (T: add 1 to my mana pool. T, sac ~: Target attacking creature w/o flying gets -1/-2 ueot)
(U,) Desert (T: add 1 to my mana pool. T: ~ deals 1 dmg to target attacking creature. Play this ability only during the end of combat step)

Graveyard:
RFG:

In Play:

(U,U) Desert
(T,T,U,U) Forest x4

(U) Jolrael's Centaur (2/2, Flanking, cannot be the target of spells or abilities)
(S) Skyshooter (1/2, can block flyers; T: Sac to kill an attacking or blocking critter with flying)

RFG:

In Play:

-Islandx4 (T, T, T, T)

Hand: 5
In Play:

(U) Treva's Ruins (T: Add G, W, or U to your mana pool.)

(U) Isochrone Scepter (Imprinted w/Boomerang) (2T: You may copy the imprinted instant card and play the copy without paying its mana cost)
(U) Isochrone Scepter (Imprinted w/Trickbind) (2T: You may copy the imprinted instant card and play the copy without paying its mana cost)

(U) DreamStalker (Illusion 1/5, When ~ comes into play, return a permanent you control to its owner's hand)

RFG:Boomerang, Trickbind

In Play:

(T) Island
(T) Mountain
(T) Steam Vents
(T) Steam Vents

(U) DreamStalker Illusion (1/5) [When ~ comes into play, return a permanent you control to its owner's hand]

RFG:
Errant Epheremon Illusion (4/4) [Flying. Suspend 4 - 1U] *1 time counter*

L

Limited

Untap, upkeep, playing Errant Epheremon, draw

Done.

In Play:

(U,U) Forest x2

Graveyard:
RFG:

In Play:

(U,U) Desert
(T,T,U,U) Forest x4

RFG:

In Play:

-Islandx4 (T, T, T, T)

In Play:

(U) Isochrone Scepter (Imprinted w/Trickbind) (2T: You may copy the imprinted instant card and play the copy without paying its mana cost)

Library: 47
In Play:

(U) Island
(U) Mountain
(U) Steam Vents
(U) Steam Vents

(U) Errant Epheremon Illusion (4/4) [Flying]

RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep, draw

Done.

Hand: 7
Libraty: 46
In Play:

(U,U) Forest x2

Graveyard:
RFG:

In Play:

(U,U) Desert
(T,T,U,U) Forest x4

RFG:

In Play:

-Islandx4 (T, T, T, T)

In Play:

In Play:

(U) Island
(U) Mountain
(U) Steam Vents
(U) Steam Vents

(U) Phantom Warrior (2/2) [Unblockable]

RFG:

D

DarthFerret

Untap, upkeep, draw, Play Seton's Scout, then sac one of the tapped forests to play Heart of Yavimaya, done.

In Play:

(U,U) Forest x2

Graveyard:
RFG:

In Play:

(U,U) Desert
(T,U,U) Forest x3
(U) Heart of Yavimaya (T:G , or T: Target critter gets +1/+1)

(U) Skyshooter (1/2, can block flyers; T: Sac to kill an attacking or blocking critter with flying)
(S) Seton's Scout (2/1, can block flying, Threshold: +2/+2)

Graveyard: Whirlwind, Forest
RFG:

In Play:

-Islandx4 (U, U, U, U)

In Play:

In Play:

(U) Island
(U) Mountain
(U) Steam Vents
(U) Steam Vents

RFG:

L

Limited

Once again, Suffocating Blast your spell (Seton's Scout) and try to deal three damage to one of the Lord of Atlantis.

Responses?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
None here.

Just as a note though, I messed up when doing the stats post. All of Oversoul's lands should be untapped, since all he did on his turn was attack Limited. I'll correct that... and not sure if it changes Limited's play.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Counterspell.

My hand size on Apprentice is 2. It was 3 before the Counterspell, but the board says 2. Not sure where that happened...

D

DarthFerret

Woot, another counter save from me buddy Oversoul!... Go Merfolk!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I see the problem with Oversoul's hand size. Back on his last turn, before Limited played his first Suffocating Blast, he just had draw and done but did not update his hand size to 5 but kept it at 4. So when I updated the board after the first Suffocating Blast, I subtracted the two cards (Force of Will and Counterspell) down to 2.

But now it's 2 because of the second counterspell.

Board updated for Oversoul's turn.

In Play:

(U,U) Forest x2

Graveyard:
RFG:

In Play:

(U,U) Desert
(T,U,U) Forest x3

(U) Skyshooter (1/2, can block flyers; T: Sac to kill an attacking or blocking critter with flying)

RFG:

In Play:

-Islandx4 (T, T, U, U)

Graveyard: Brainstorm, Brainstorm, Force of Will, Counterspell

In Play:

In Play:

(T) Island
(T) Mountain
(T) Steam Vents
(T) Steam Vents

Graveyard: Krovikan Mist, Suffocating Blast, Suffocating Blast
RFG:

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
EOT, flip both of my face-down cards, revealing them to be Coral Tricksters. I'll use their abilities to tap Limited's Ephemeron and his Phantom Warrior. Untap, upkeep, draw, attack Limited with both Lords and the Coral Merfolk for 9. Responses?

Board updated for Oversoul's turn.

In Play:

(U,U) Forest x2

Graveyard:
RFG:

In Play:

(U,U) Desert
(T,U,U) Forest x3

RFG:

Library: 44
In Play:

-Islandx4 (T, T, U, U)
-(T) Coral Merfolk (4/3; Islandwalk)
-(U) Coral Trickster (4/3; Islandwalk; can tap a target when it flips, Morph: U)
-(U) Coral Trickster (4/3; Islandwalk; can tap a target when it flips, Morph: U)

Graveyard: Brainstorm, Brainstorm, Force of Will, Counterspell

In Play:

(U) Isochron Scepter (Imprinted w/Boomerang) (2T: You may copy the imprinted instant card and play the copy without paying its mana cost)
(U) Isochron Scepter (Imprinted w/Trickbind) (2T: You may copy the imprinted instant card and play the copy without paying its mana cost)

In Play:

(T) Island
(T) Mountain
(T) Steam Vents
(T) Steam Vents

(T) Errant Epheremon Illusion (4/4) [Flying]

Graveyard: Krovikan Mist, Suffocating Blast, Suffocating Blast
RFG: