Tribal #11

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
So Riverfall Mimic dies, right?

After combat, I'll play Recurring Nightmare and sac Symbiotic Wurm to it putting Harvest Wurm into play and returning a Forest to my hand. I'll play the Forest and end my turn.

Oversoul: 7
Hand: 5
Library: 26
In Play:
-(T, T) Swamp x2
-(T, U) Forest x2
-(SSSSSSS) Insect (1/1) x7
-(S) Harvest Wurm (3/2)

Graveyard: Fallow Wurm, Harvest Wurm, Pattern of Rebirth, Defense of the Heart, Symbiotic Wurm, Golgari Rotwurm, Bayou, Penumbra Wurm, Symbiotic Wurm, Penumbra Wurm, Forest, Fallow Wurm, Symbiotic Wurm
RFG:Symbiotic Wurm, Overgrown Tomb, Overgrown Tomb, Overgrown Tomb, Forest, Forest, Swamp, Swamp, Forest, Forest, Forest

Mooseman: 16
Hand: 2
Library: 30
In Play:

(TTT) Mountain x3

(S) Dwarven Recruiter (2/2, When Dwarven Recruiter comes into play, search your library for any number of Dwarf cards and reveal those cards. Shuffle your library, then put them on top of it in any order.)

Graveyard: Bomb Squad, Leyline of Lightning, Dwarven Driller, Dwarven Driller, Dwarven Pony, Dwarven Recruiter, Dwarven Lieutenant, Dwarven Lieutenant, Rites of flame, Apocalypse, Dwarven Pony, Blood Moon
RFG:Bomb Squad x2, Dwarven Recruiter, Sword of the Meek, Gratuitous Violence, Mountain x6

BigBlue: 11 (2 Kill Points - DarthFerret, Spiderman)
Hand: 6
In Play:

(UU) Island

Graveyard: Torchling, Swerve, Torchling, Reins of Power, Volcanic Island, Volcanic Island, Crag Puca, Taurean Mauler, Riverfall Mimic
RFG: Mountain, Mountain, Beast of Burden, Island, Volcanic Island , Steam Vents, Steam Vents, Caldera Lake x4, Sunken Hope, Shapeshifter's Marrow

(Hand) Crag Puca (2/4; (U/R: Switch ~'s P/T)

Spiderman - Golems (Placed 4 of 5, 0 Kill Points)
DarthFerret - Demons (Placed 5 of 5, 0 Kill Points)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Well, looks like Oversoul has this one...... I didn't think either of you two would pull lands that fast...

UUD
Done

In Play:
-(T, T) Swamp x2
-(T, U) Forest x2
-(S) Harvest Wurm (3/2)

Graveyard: Fallow Wurm, Harvest Wurm, Pattern of Rebirth, Defense of the Heart, Symbiotic Wurm, Golgari Rotwurm, Bayou, Penumbra Wurm, Symbiotic Wurm, Penumbra Wurm, Forest, Fallow Wurm, Symbiotic Wurm
RFG:Symbiotic Wurm, Overgrown Tomb, Overgrown Tomb, Overgrown Tomb, Forest, Forest, Swamp, Swamp, Forest, Forest, Forest

Hand: 3
Library: 29
In Play:

(UUU) Mountain x3

(S) Dwarven Recruiter (2/2, When Dwarven Recruiter comes into play, search your library for any number of Dwarf cards and reveal those cards. Shuffle your library, then put them on top of it in any order.)

Graveyard: Bomb Squad, Leyline of Lightning, Dwarven Driller, Dwarven Driller, Dwarven Pony, Dwarven Recruiter, Dwarven Lieutenant, Dwarven Lieutenant, Rites of flame, Apocalypse, Dwarven Pony, Blood Moon
RFG:Bomb Squad x2, Dwarven Recruiter, Sword of the Meek, Gratuitous Violence, Mountain x6

In Play:

(UU) Island

Graveyard: Torchling, Swerve, Torchling, Reins of Power, Volcanic Island, Volcanic Island, Crag Puca, Taurean Mauler, Riverfall Mimic
RFG: Mountain, Mountain, Beast of Burden, Island, Volcanic Island , Steam Vents, Steam Vents, Caldera Lake x4, Sunken Hope, Shapeshifter's Marrow

(Hand) Crag Puca (2/4; (U/R: Switch ~'s P/T)

B

BigBlue

With the recurring nightmare, he had this in the bag... I couldn't adapt to that fast enough...

UUD

Play Mountain
Play Crag Puca
Done.

Too Little too late... What sickens me is when I had the chance I didn't go for the throat w/ oversoul...

In Play:
-(T, T) Swamp x2
-(T, U) Forest x2
-(S) Harvest Wurm (3/2)

In Play:

(UUU) Mountain x3

In Play:

(TT) Island
(T) Mountain

(S) Crag Puca (2/4; (U/R: Switch ~'s P/T)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yeah, I took a really long time to draw Recurring Nightmare. I thought I was dead for sure. And then after Apocalypse, I thought my only chance was to draw a Harvest Wurm ASAP, but apparently I got to four lands just in time. Crazy...

UUD, attack BB with all 7 insects and Harvest Wurm.

B

BigBlue

Block the wurm take 7...

I knew I was being stupid... that's the hubris of being in control... but I also needed to keep Mooseman in Check... Apocolypse was unexpected... I was sort of expecting Wheel of Fortune or burn...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Recurring Nightmare, sac an insect to Recur Penumbra Wurm. Done.

Library: 25
In Play:
-(T, T) Swamp x2
-(T, U) Forest x2
-(TTTTTT) Insect (1/1) x6
-(S) Penumbra Wurm (6/6; trample, when it dies I get a 6/6 black trampling wurm token)

Graveyard: Fallow Wurm, Harvest Wurm, Pattern of Rebirth, Defense of the Heart, Symbiotic Wurm, Golgari Rotwurm, Bayou, Penumbra Wurm, Symbiotic Wurm, Forest, Fallow Wurm, Symbiotic Wurm, Harvest Wurm

In Play:

(UUU) Mountain x3

BigBlue: 4 (2 Kill Points - DarthFerret, Spiderman)
In Play:

(TT) Island
(T) Mountain

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
BigBlue;280078 said:
Apocolypse was unexpected... I was sort of expecting Wheel of Fortune or burn...
I needed more mana to do any kind of burn spell and drawing 7 new cards was not going to help me...... I guess, I did the reset a turn or 2 early.... lo0king back in hind sight. oh well

B

BigBlue

Mooseman, when you post your play, you can do mine as well...

UUD

Crag Puca, Done.

Die on Oversouls attack...

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
UUD
Mountain
Dwarven Driller
done

BigBlue's turn
UUD
Crag Puca, Done.

In Play:
-(T, T) Swamp x2
-(T, U) Forest x2
-(TTTTTT) Insect (1/1) x6
-(S) Penumbra Wurm (6/6; trample, when it dies I get a 6/6 black trampling wurm token)

Graveyard: Fallow Wurm, Harvest Wurm, Pattern of Rebirth, Defense of the Heart, Symbiotic Wurm, Golgari Rotwurm, Bayou, Penumbra Wurm, Symbiotic Wurm, Forest, Fallow Wurm, Symbiotic Wurm, Harvest Wurm

Library: 28
In Play:

(TTTT) Mountain x4

(U) Dwarven Recruiter (2/2, When Dwarven Recruiter comes into play, search your library for any number of Dwarf cards and reveal those cards. Shuffle your library, then put them on top of it in any order.)
(S) Dwarven Driller (2/2, T Destroy target land unless its controller has Dwarven Driller deal 2 damage to him or her.)

BigBlue: 4 (2 Kill Points - DarthFerret, Spiderman)
In Play:

(TT) Island
(T) Mountain

DarthFerret - Demons (Placed 5 of 5, 0 Kill Points)[/QUOTE]

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
UUD, attack BB with four insect tokens and Penumbra Wurm. I know you said you'd die to my attack, but it seems that if you want to give MM the best chance, your response would be to have each Puca block an insect token, letting the Wurm get by since you're dead anyway and depleting my token supply as much as you can (the other option I thought of was killing the Wurm by blocking with both, but you have no untapped lands with which to switch the power/toughness on one of your Pucas). Let me know if this is incorrect.

Then if that's what actually happens, I'll play a Sol Ring, Recurring Nightmare, sac an insect token to Recur Penumbra Wurm, play Harvest Wurm bringing a Forest back to my hand, play the Forest, and end my turn. So the board would look like this...

Oversoul: 7 (1 Kill Point: BigBlue?)
In Play:
-(T, T) Swamp x2
-(T, T, T) Forest x3
-(T) Sol Ring (T: 2)
-(UUT) Insect (1/1) x3
-(T, S) Penumbra Wurm (6/6; trample, when it dies I get a 6/6 black trampling wurm token) x2
-(S) Harvest Wurm (3/2)

Graveyard: Fallow Wurm, Harvest Wurm, Pattern of Rebirth, Defense of the Heart, Symbiotic Wurm, Golgari Rotwurm, Bayou, Symbiotic Wurm, Fallow Wurm, Symbiotic Wurm, Harvest Wurm

In Play:

(TTTT) Mountain x4

(U) Dwarven Recruiter (2/2, When Dwarven Recruiter comes into play, search your library for any number of Dwarf cards and reveal those cards. Shuffle your library, then put them on top of it in any order.)
(S) Dwarven Driller (2/2, T Destroy target land unless its controller has Dwarven Driller deal 2 damage to him or her.)

BigBlue: 0?
In Play:

(TT) Island
(T) Mountain

(U, S) Crag Puca (2/4; (U/R: Switch ~'s P/T) x2

BigBlue - Shapeshifters (Placed 3 of 5, 2 Kill Points)

B

BigBlue

Precisely... Good Luck Mooseman. You'd think 7 damage would be easy to do... :)

(You are missing your Sol Ring as near as I can tell)

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I guess, I didn't draw as well as Oversoul.....
UUD
Bomb Squad
Done

Oversoul: 7 (1 Kill Point: BigBlue)
In Play:
-(T, T) Swamp x2
-(T, T, T) Forest x3
-(T) Sol Ring (T: 2)
-(UUT) Insect (1/1) x3
-(T, S) Penumbra Wurm (6/6; trample, when it dies I get a 6/6 black trampling wurm token) x2
-(S) Harvest Wurm (3/2)

Graveyard: Fallow Wurm, Harvest Wurm, Pattern of Rebirth, Defense of the Heart, Symbiotic Wurm, Golgari Rotwurm, Bayou, Symbiotic Wurm, Fallow Wurm, Symbiotic Wurm, Harvest Wurm

Library: 27
In Play:

(TTTT) Mountain x4

(U) Dwarven Driller (2/2, T Destroy target land unless its controller has Dwarven Driller deal 2 damage to him or her.)
(S) Bomb Squad (1/1, Tap: Put a fuse counter on target creature. At the beginning of your upkeep, put a fuse counter on each creature that has a fuse counter on it. Whenever a creature has four or more fuse counters on it, remove all fuse counters from it and destroy it. That creature deals 4 damage to its controller. )

BigBlue - Shapeshifters (Placed 3 of 5, 2 Kill Points)

B

BigBlue

Mooseman, if it's any consolation to you... your position would not really have changed w/ the apocolypse...

I would have gone after OS and dealt w/ him, then would have been your turn... either way you'd have finished second. :)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
BigBlue;280234 said:
Mooseman, if it's any consolation to you... your position would not really have changed w/ the apocolypse...

I would have gone after OS and dealt w/ him, then would have been your turn... either way you'd have finished second. :)
Really? Did Apocalypse save me from you? I thought I stood a pretty good chance right before MM's turn where he cast it, since Recurring Nightmare was active and you'd already used Reins of Power (unless you had another one waiting for me). Maybe I misjudged the situation though or I'm forgetting something. Or maybe you meant if MM had gone for something else instead of Apocalypse and you used Volcanic Eruption?

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Oversoul;280232 said:
UUD, attack with everything, blocks/responses?
Block the 3/2 with the recruiter
Block one wurm with the driller
tap driller to destroy your swamp

Actually, if I had killed one of Oversouls creatures with the bombers (instead of BB's), then did the Apocalypse, then I might have been able to pull this out.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Ugh, I drew my next card and the game is Oversouls..... I have a recruiter and a Heart Wolf in hand and drew Rite of flame...... I can't stop the trample....

B

BigBlue

You are correct OS... I was thinking w/ the Eruption... I'd have done it for 5 MTs of MMs, then Swarmed you w/ the tramplers. - though I did draw Morphling next and would have been able to fly over your wurms. I could have withstood your attack for a turn or maybe two.

Final Standings:

Oversoul (Wurms) (2 Kill Points, 1st out of 5) 7 out of 9 points
Mooseman (Dwarves) (0 Kill Points 2nd out of 5) 4 out of 9 points
BigBlue (Shapeshifters) (2 Kill Points 3rd out of 5) 5 out of 9 points
Spiderman (Golems) (0 Kill Points 4th out of 5) 2 out of 9 points
DarthFerret (Demons) (0 Kill Points 5th out of 5) 1 out of 9 points

(I'm not sure if I got the point values correct.)