train & Azreal vs. Spidey & BigBlue

• Thread starter Azreal the Soulmaster
  • Start date
T

train

Well... that makes my decisions easier...

Tap all lands, swords the wurm - S&BB gain 5(adjusted), then use the rest to play Recurring Nightmare, since there's no feasible responses, sac the dragoons, and return the nightmare to my hand to put the Yavimaya elder back into play, and gain another life...

Spidey & BigBlue
Life: 56

Spidey
Hand: 7
In Play: Mt(T), Forest(T), Taiga(T), Plateau(T), Volcanic Island(T), Ivory Tower, Sterling Grove, Land Tax
Graveyard: Skyshroud Elf, Lightning Bolt, Strip Mine, Winter Orb
RFG: Dirtcowl Wurm

BigBlue
Hand: 3
In Play: Sw(T), Tainted Woodx2(T,U), Fr(T), Fr(T), Elves of Deep Shadow(1/1, T: Add B to mana pool, take 1 dmg)(T), Elves ..., Blastoderm(5/5, Fading:0, Untargetable)(T)
Graveyard: Diabolic Edict, Llanowar Dead, Diabolic Edict, Drain Life
RFG: Llanowar Dead, Faceless Butcher

train & Azreal
Life: 38

train
Hand: 4
In Play: {Sw, Fr, Pl, Brushland, Nantuko Monastery, Pl, Elfhame Palace, Sw}T, Yavimaya Elder(2/1, 2,sac: fetch 2 basic and draw)
Graveyard: Diabolic Edict, Vindicate, Swords to Plowshares, Swamp, Vindicate, Swords, Dragoons.
RFG:

Azreal
In Play: Plns, Plns, Plns,Plns, Plns, Plns, Maze of Ith, Soul Warden(1/1)
Graveyard: Soul Warden, Exalted Angel, Soltari Visionary, Beloved Chaplain, Swords to Plowshares
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
My poor Wurm...

Untap, gain 3 life, draw, Mt, Fellwar Stone, Manabarbs (cast this after my partner's play if that matters), done.

Spidey & BigBlue
Life: 59

Spidey
Hand: 7
In Play: Mtx2(T, T), Forest(T), Taiga(T), Plateau(T), Volcanic Island(T), Ivory Tower, Sterling Grove, Land Tax, Fellwar Stone, Manabarbs

BigBlue
In Play: Sw(T), Tainted Woodx2(T,U), Fr(T), Fr(T), Elves of Deep Shadow(1/1, T: Add B to mana pool, take 1 dmg)(T), Elves ..., Blastoderm(5/5, Fading:0, Untargetable)(T)

train & Azreal

train
In Play: {Sw, Fr, Pl, Brushland, Nantuko Monastery, Pl, Elfhame Palace, Sw}T, Yavimaya Elder(2/1, 2,sac: fetch 2 basic and draw)
Graveyard: Diabolic Edict, Vindicate, Swords to Plowshares, Swamp, Vindicate, Swords, Dragoons.
RFG:

Azreal
In Play: Plns, Plns, Plns,Plns, Plns, Plns, Maze of Ith, Soul Warden(1/1)
Graveyard: Soul Warden, Exalted Angel, Soltari Visionary, Beloved Chaplain, Swords to Plowshares
RFG

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
This "simultaneos" turn thing confuses me a little :) So far it hasn't really mattered, but you never know, like with Manabarbs

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

manabarbs, you would've had things thrown at you in a real game:p, In response to the manabarbs, I'll congregate. gaining us 10 life.

Spidey & BigBlue

Spidey
Hand: 6
In Play: Mtx2(T, T), Forest(T), Taiga(T), Plateau(T), Volcanic Island(T), Ivory Tower, Sterling Grove, Land Tax, Fellwar Stone, Manabarbs

BigBlue

train & Azreal
Life: 48

train
RFG:

Azreal
In Play: {Plns, Plns, Plns,Plns}T, Plns, Plns, Maze of Ith, Soul Warden(1/1)
Graveyard: Soul Warden, Exalted Angel, Soltari Visionary, Beloved Chaplain, Swords to Plowshares, Congregate
RFG

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry 'bout that... I got stuff thrown at me in real life when I played this with my group :)

Edited my hand above to 6 cards... forgot to change it when I did my turn.

T

train

*Throws digital mountain dew can at spidey's noggin'...*

"Manabarbs will ya?!!!...":p

B

BigBlue

Untap, Upkeep - Bye Bye Blastoderm, Draw.

Play Llanowar Dead(You Gain 1), Attack with both Elves for 2, Done.

Edit - Congregate would've seen the Zombie Elf... Never Mind, Blastoderm was gone when you counted it...

Spidey & BigBlue

Spidey

BigBlue
In Play: Sw(T), Tainted Woodx2, Fr(T), Fr, Elves of Deep Shadow(1/1, T: Add B to mana pool, take 1 dmg)(T), Elves ...(T),Llanowar Dead(2/2, T:B)(S)
RFG: Llanowar Dead, Faceless Butcher, Blastoderm

train & Azreal
Life: 47?

train
RFG:

Azreal
In Play: {Plns, Plns, Plns,Plns}T, Plns, Plns, Maze of Ith, Soul Warden(1/1)
Graveyard: Soul Warden, Exalted Angel, Soltari Visionary, Beloved Chaplain, Swords to Plowshares, Congregate
RFG

T

train

Untap, upkeep - tap plains/swamp to sac elder and go get forest and plains, and draw, then my draw step, taking 2 from the barbs, enter main phase...

play volrath's stronghold, tap sw, forest, stronghold, for 3 mana, play a pernicious deed, tap 4 remaining lands to blow the deed for 4...

We took our beating from the barbs... that sucked...

Spidey & BigBlue

Spidey
In Play: Mtx2(T, T), Forest(T), Taiga(T), Plateau(T), Volcanic Island(T),
Graveyard: Skyshroud Elf, Lightning Bolt, Strip Mine, Winter Orb, Ivory Tower, Sterling Grove, Land Tax, Fellwar Stone, Manabarbs

BigBlue
In Play: Sw(T), Tainted Woodx2, Fr(T), Fr
Graveyard: Diabolic Edict, Llanowar Dead, Diabolic Edict, Drain Life, Elves of Deep Shadow(1/1, T: Add B to mana pool, take 1 dmg)(T), Elves ...(T),Llanowar Dead(2/2, T:B)(S)
RFG: Llanowar Dead, Faceless Butcher, Blastoderm

train & Azreal

train
In Play: {Sw, Fr, Pl, Brushland, Nantuko Monastery, Pl, Elfhame Palace, Sw, Volrath's Stronghold}T
Graveyard: Diabolic Edict, Vindicate, Swords to Plowshares, Swamp, Vindicate, Swords, Dragoons, Yavimaya Elder, Pern. Deed
RFG:

Azreal
In Play: {Plns, Plns, Plns,Plns}T, Plns, Plns, Maze of Ith
Graveyard: Soul Warden, Exalted Angel, Soltari Visionary, Beloved Chaplain, Swords to Plowshares, Congregate, , Soul Warden(1/1)
RFG

B

BigBlue

Az, if you would catch up one thing for me... Blasty is in GY, not RFG... Sorry.

That Sucked... :p

Oh yeah, BigBlue grabs a handful of Virtual Doritos(TM), crunches them in his hands and throws it at train... :)

Dang, who knew virtual food fights could be so fun... ;)

T

train

That Sucked...
You're not kidding - 9 damage from the barbs in a normal game is almost half your life points...

"Major Hoovering going on... more doritos please..."

B

BigBlue

Actually, Hoovers don't Suck, they Blow... Which creates a Vacuum... :)

And you KNOW I wasn't talking about the Barbs.... :D

that 9, plus 15 from blasty you should be over halfway dead by now... damn Soul Warden + Congregate.

And I knew you would play some global killer... I can't believe how Dead all three Zombie Elves are, they've never lasted a turn... And one of my favorite creatures too... :(

T

train

I can't believe how Dead all three Zombie Elves are...
a little pun talk huh?...

Well...

I did my good deed by blowing one...:p

It does help that I've had a bit of a draw engine going...;)

Wait 'til you see the rest of the hand...:cool: :eek: ;)

B

BigBlue

Keep it up and I'll start calling you KOAB... from another site I frequent...

It stands for King of All Bastids... or something like that... :D

Only meant in the most loving way however, I am truly envious of the title...

I know the crap which is coming down the turnpike... they aren't all lands...

59-38 looks impressive now, but it won't last long... At least Spidey has 6 cards as well.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
This is why one of us should be playing blue... :)

Actually, I think I messed up again, looking at my Apprentice board. I should have 5 cards, not 6...

But in response to the blowing of the Deed, I will tap the Fellwar Stone, sac the Sterling Grove and get another Manabarbs and put it on top of my library :)

A

Azreal the Soulmaster

much thanks for blowing up the barbs.

Untap, Draw, Tap all 6 of my plains to play Exalted Angel. I'm quite finished after that.

Spidey & BigBlue

Spidey
Graveyard: Skyshroud Elf, Lightning Bolt, Strip Mine, Winter Orb, Ivory Tower, Sterling Grove, Land Tax, Fellwar Stone, Manabarbs

BigBlue
In Play: Sw(T), Tainted Woodx2, Fr(T), Fr
Graveyard: Diabolic Edict, Llanowar Dead, Diabolic Edict, Drain Life, Elves of Deep Shadow, Elves,Llanowar Dead, Blastoderm

train & Azreal

train
In Play: {Sw, Fr, Pl, Brushland, Nantuko Monastery, Pl, Elfhame Palace, Sw, Volrath's Stronghold}T
Graveyard: Diabolic Edict, Vindicate, Swords to Plowshares, Swamp, Vindicate, Swords, Dragoons, Yavimaya Elder, Pern. Deed
RFG:

Azreal
In Play: {Plns, Plns, Plns,Plns, Plns, Plns,}T Maze of Ith, Exalted Angel(4/5, Flying, Spirit-linked)
Graveyard: Soul Warden, Exalted Angel, Soltari Visionary, Beloved Chaplain, Swords to Plowshares, Congregate, , Soul Warden
RFG:

B

BigBlue

Booooooo.

Untap, Draw, Play Diabolc Edict targetting Azreal (which was supposed to kill that stupid 4/4 land :) ), Play Bayou, Play my final Llanowar Dead... And wish I'd used Chainer's Edict instead... :(

Spidey & BigBlue

Spidey

BigBlue
Hand: 1
In Play: Sw(T), Tainted Woodx2, Fr(T), Fr(T), Bayou(T), Llanowar Dead
Graveyard: Diabolic Edict, Llanowar Dead, Diabolic Edict, Drain Life, Blastoderm, Elves of Deep Shadow, Elves,Llanowar Dead, Diabolic Edict

train & Azreal

train
RFG:

Azreal
In Play: {Plns, Plns, Plns,Plns, Plns, Plns,}T Maze of Ith, Exalted Angel(4/5, Flying, Spirit-linked)
Graveyard: Soul Warden, Exalted Angel, Soltari Visionary, Beloved Chaplain, Swords to Plowshares, Congregate, , Soul Warden
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
See, I'm confused... if the turns are simultaneous, should Az be taking 6 from the 'Barbs before the Deed? Or is it just whoever posts their turn first has it occur and resolve first?