Time Spiral Expansion

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Time Spiral at wikipedia.org

I was leafing through this when I noticed the following sentence:

Time Spiral is, according to information given to retailers, the first set since Fifth Edition to weigh in at a 420+ card size. The reasoning/explanation for the set size of 422 is not yet known, but there is much speculation that there will be an extraordinary amount of reprints in the set.

Additionally, speculation from the deck box images leads one to believe that Thallids and Slivers will be returning again.

I'm rather excited about the concept of bringing back lots of old cards. Perhaps they'll bring back GOOD ones. Birds of Paradise in Ravnica was a nice touch, but some other older, yet to be reprinted things would be nice.

Ransac, cpa trash man

N

Nightstalkers

About time you guys found that spoiler.

There will be a few things reprinted seeing as time spiral will be a set that'll link the newer to the old more intricately.

D

DarthFerret

Well, I would love to see the Vesuvan Doppelganger come back!

(Guess I can practice just like KJ)

tag guard

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Will they reprint Time Spiral? I bet they forget..... hehe

Lets get Arcane Denial and/or Daze back........

tag guard

Killer Joe

What's with your 'carzed' obsession with Arcane Denial? Does it have to get a restraining order out on you? :D

tag guard

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Arcane Denial is a decent card! Nothing wrong with wanting decent cards to come back!

tag guard

Ransac, cpa trash man

N

Nightstalkers

Then again, I think that we should have a 5 color set that revolves around each color. Think about it, an entire expansion devoted to a color.

Code:
        wwwww.    wwwww   wwwwww   ,wwwww wwwww*,wwwwM
          MMMM;    MMMM;   wwMMM *MM" "M; `MMM*lMM**M;
         ,;M"MM..wMMMMMM lMM" MMw*MM wwww  MMM MMM  *  
        MM"  MMMMM" `MMMwMMMww`MMw*Mw.;MM  MMMl`MM.
       lMM   `MMM;   `MMM.MMM  MMMw"MMMMM.wMMMMw`MMMMMww*"
      ,MM     lMMM    lMMM             `W *`
     .MMM      MMM;   ,MMMM                          TM
    ,MM*Mw     lMM*  wMMMMMMw      The   Gathering
    *`          *

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Nightstalkers said:
Then again, I think that we should have a 5 color set that revolves around each color. Think about it, an entire expansion devoted to a color.
Do you mean a base set with 5 expansions?
Like, only Blue cards in an entire expansion?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
With the possibility of reprinting a large amount of older cards AND the 10th edition looming, do you think that Wizards may be..... *GASP*....... winding down to an END of Magic?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!?!?!!!!!!?!?!????

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Only if the company (WoTC) is going out of business.
They will make Magic cards as long as it's profitable.

B

BuiltByKevlar

Amen on reprinting counterspell. And if they make it uncommon or rare... SO HELP THEM GOD!!!

I don't like the idea of reprinting things with a different rarity. Story Circle was not so amazing that it needed to be rare.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
If anybody has a problem with rarity, just get an older version of the card!!!!!!! Sucks to those of you that play Limited formats, though.

Ransac, cpa trash man

N

Nightstalkers

Yeah, readdressing rarity is more of a novelty than an actual problem. Counterspells around here go for $2 a piece no matter the edition.

Killer Joe

I have mentioned many times already about the demise of Wiz Co. or MTG but if the company is or product is profitable why kill the Golden Goose?

As for rarity change it would be fair, imo, to make Counterspell a rare, in fact make it one of those never confirmed but do in fact exist at Wiz Co. an Ultra-Rare.

tag guard