Time Spiral Expansion

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
What would be the point? People in drafts would be annoyed at having Counterspell as a rare (I would imagine). And everyone else would just use old Counterspells in place of the new ones.

N

Nightstalkers

Killer Joe said:
As for rarity change it would be fair, imo, to make Counterspell a rare, in fact make it one of those never confirmed but do in fact exist at Wiz Co. an Ultra-Rare.
Why not simply make it a promotional card? They already have a couple promos of it and in the past the promos have held some pretty high end stuff. Think back to Mana Crypt.

F

Force of Will Smith

a 420 card set?!?!?! NO! what is this? 10 and a half edition? If there are any good cards in it, it'll take you SO many more packs to buy them...

editions are already unappetizing to veteran players to say the least... oh gee... a hypnotic specter.... hmm.. my 7 cost me .50... how much?

ooh... a 10th edition meekstone... fabulous...

seriously though, I REELY hope they build on old cards instead of just reprinting.. reprints are a waste of space... if i wanted to play time walks, i'd just print them myself.

L

Lythand

Maybe they will reprint some nice old cards..Not like power nine..but some nice old cards...

Pox...Balance..Eureka...

R

Reverend Love

If the leaked development cards are any indication, then Morph is suppose to rear it's ugly ass head again. I hate that mechanic with an unbridled fury. It's strictly for limited and adds nothing to Type 2. Really, for those of you who were playing in the days of Onslaught/Legions/Scourge/Mirrodin/8th were any of you really surprised when U/W control unmorphed an Exalted Angel? I think there was something like four or five decent morph creatures out of the entire block. Everything else was underpowered due to the having the morph mechanic.

They want to impress me with morph? Put a Dual Masters spin on the mechanic. Something like:

Crappy Ogre 2B
Swamping
(You may put Crappy Ogre into play declaring it's a swamp. For the rest of the game Crappy Ogre is a basic swamp card. This counts as playing a land)
2/2

Until then the mechanic will continue to be useful only in limited.

I've also heard that Flanking and Kicker are suppose to cameo in Time Spiral too, for whatever that's worth. Flanking is like Bushido....only better.

D

DarthFerret

I want to see echo again. That was an interesting mechanic, and could be pretty useful, provided the do something pretty good with it. Madness is also nice!

R

rokapoke

Bring back banding. C'mon, if you understand the banding rules, it's the greatest thing to happen to combat since instant speed. If you don't understand the banding rules, learn how to read the rulebook.

Killer Joe

Flanking would be a cool mechanic to see back in the fold. At the time of its hey-day I never used creatures with it but now it would a top draft pick for me :)

tag guard

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Reverend Love said:
If the leaked development cards are any indication, then Morph is suppose to rear it's ugly ass head again. I hate that mechanic with an unbridled fury. It's strictly for limited and adds nothing to Type 2. Really, for those of you who were playing in the days of Onslaught/Legions/Scourge/Mirrodin/8th were any of you really surprised when U/W control unmorphed an Exalted Angel? I think there was something like four or five decent morph creatures out of the entire block. Everything else was underpowered due to the having the morph mechanic.
I wholeheartedly agree. But I hated morph more because it was stupid than because it sucked (which it did). My opponent would play a face-down creature and I wouldn't know whether it would be some piece of crap or something that would eventually turn face up to do something. And if it was, that something would apparently be unstoppable.

Me: I'll play a Wall of Blossoms, a Llanowar Elves, and remove a counter from my Wall of Roots to play a Spore Frog. Done.
Opponent: I play another face-down creature.
Me: Okay. I'll play a Rhox. Done.
Opponent: I'll turn this one face-up and steal your Rhox. Hahaha. You stupid newb.

Even if I still won, it was annoying. The only face-down creatures I want to see are ones put into play with Illusionary Mask. I like how they had to errata it because it inconveniently clashed with morph. It makes you wonder why they printed that card in the first place, if it was going to clash with morph--oh wait...

And then the next game would be more like this...

Opponent: I'll play a face-down creature.
Me: What is it?
Opponent: Not telling.
Me: Fine. Shield Sphere, Phyrexian Walker, Tolarian Academy, Mind over Matter, pitch to untap, tap, pitch to untap, tap, tap my Sol Ring and both Mana Vaults, Braingeyser, pitch to untap, tap, pitch to untap...
Opponent: Do I lose?
Me: Maybe...

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
The only "leaked" cards I've seen so far were from mtgnews.com, and the person who posted them (InsideThief, I think) was banned and his cards were discredited, since the IP address from the user was from another user who posted phony "leaked" cards in the past. I've yet to see any reliable info.

Ransac, cpa trash man

R

Reverend Love

There hasn't been any leaked cards yet. However I was referencing the leaked play test cards featured on mtgsalvation.com a month or two back ago. They were certainly legitimate as WoTC has confirmed they’re real, even sued Rancored_Elf because of it.

Y

YoungBeard

"the Fungi deck hints at a return of Thallids" -- Yes, PLEASE! MORE THALLIDS!!!

As for an end to Magic? Hardly... Maybe a new beginning, get lots of reprinted good old cards into the hands of new players who weren't around 10 years ago.

N

Nightstalkers

Thallids were the original spawning critters. Then they seemed to have replaced them with Saprolings...

Which are depicted as snakes in a lot of cards, but are actually just.... small trees... >.>

D

dwarven_anarchist

I want Thallids back. They were the real deal. Fungus guys who can spawn more fungus guys and pwn the elves. You don't get much better than that.

'Cept dwarves.

I hope the new thallids (if they are reprinted) reflect this better.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
dwarven_anarchist said:
I want Thallids back. They were the real deal. Fungus guys who can spawn more fungus guys and pwn the elves. You don't get much better than that.

'Cept dwarves.

...and their ponies. :D

Ransac, cpa trash man