Time Spiral Expansion

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
dwarven_anarchist said:
I want Thallids back. They were the real deal. Fungus guys who can spawn more fungus guys and pwn the elves. You don't get much better than that.

'Cept dwarves.
Word :)

R

Reverend Love

YoungBeard said:
"the Fungi deck hints at a return of Thallids" -- Yes, PLEASE! MORE THALLIDS!!!

As for an end to Magic? Hardly... Maybe a new beginning, get lots of reprinted good old cards into the hands of new players who weren't around 10 years ago.
Me too. Hopefully this set will be chalk full of great reprints. The more people who have access to good cards the better for all of us.

F

Force of Will Smith

when mirage was about.. i dug flanking.. it was annoying, but not broken... echo as well. Phasing was stupid, as was morph.. i mean they made 2 cards meant to BREAK (dermoplasm, skirk alarmist) and it STILL wasnt all that amazing...

cycling is overdone.. hmm lets see... i'd welcome thallids, they were fun and took a long time :)

maybe a gold blue/green one with untargetability (to you only) that can let you take an extra turn...

maybe something like

3UG 1/4
at the beginning of your upkeep put a fungus counter on ~this~
remove 5: fungus counters, take an extra turn..
something like that would be respectable..

slivers need to die hard... they were even bad with the stupid new ones that cost 5 and 8 mana to cast.. stupid idea... too broken, the only thing that makes them difficult is using all duals.. whoopty.. anyone can do that nowadays..

turn 1: tundra, sliver
turn 2: volcanic island, crystalline sliver
turn 3: pain
turn 4: pain
turn 5: pain

eureka would be fun, but they kind of did that in dissention with that wierd ass green thing... he says ALL creatures.. i didnt even catch that!

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Update on the set size:

Here

Seems that 420+ was WAY off. The set size is SHRINKING in fact by 5 cards, 306 to 301. They are increasing the number of commons from 110 to 121 and shrinking the size of rares from 88 to 80 each. The rationale was production issues, but they say it'll make Limited play have more variety AND it'll be easier to collect all of the rares and such.

I'm kinda torn on this idea...... but what the hell. Why not? Go for it! After all, I'M not playing right now anyway. :D

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I think the wiki entry needs to be updated... whoever put it in was obviously fed wrong information...

Tag Guard

N

Nightstalkers

lol, at least it's not as controvertial as that note that they put harddrives in LCD monitors to record everything you do.

But they do usually have more cards in a set than actually are put into it. It's just a matter of thinning out what works in the set, what simply doesn't belong, and all that muddy work.

O

orgg

I kinda like the reducing of the rares and upping of the commons. It makes things easier on everybody, financially. Well, except WotC... but then again, Limited is a large moover of packs.

Tag Guard

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Just re-reading some hopes we had for Time Spiral:

KJ: Counterspell, Flanking
DarthFerret: Vesuvan Doppleganger, Echo
Lythand: Eureka
Nightstalkers: Shadow

Various people talked about Thallids and Slivers, but only after they were confirmed.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I want Banding back...... and I'm gonna stop playing until they print new cards with banding....... :rolleyes: