This is not funny or cute!!!!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
557 DNS Temporary Error
This Web page could not be opened. A connection to the page could not be made. Please click the Reload or Refresh button to try again.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Appalling! Absolutely...

I must have my own mods, now! I want tentacles. Preferably strong ones with which to crush bones of weaker men, but poisonous stinging ones would be accepatable as well...

C

Chaos Turtle

I just ordered a twin set of seal-point siamese. They'll make great bookends!

I'm also getting a custom coffee table set made with an endangered White Bengal Tiger. It's gonna look hot!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
So, the colossal squid has tentacles with swiveling hooks in order to attack fish, other squid, whales, boats, whatever it wants.

I think those are the tentacles I would like... :D

R

Rooser

Yeah, it's come to my attention that the site is probably fake, although these people did have to cram kittens into little jars at some point just to get the pics.

Killer Joe

Yeah, we just got a kitten about three weeks ago and I do find this appalling.

Besides, I've been feeding him so much that there is NO WAY he could fit into any jar!

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Originally posted by Rooser
Yeah, it's come to my attention that the site is probably fake, although these people did have to cram kittens into little jars at some point just to get the pics.
I hadn't even thought about that. I didn't stay on the site long enough to tell if it was a hoax or not, but we could probably find out...

What tipped you off, Rooser?

C

Chaos Turtle

(Just between me and you, this site's been around for years. It's a fake. The pictures are fake. It's all fake. Except for the part where it's funny--that's real. But you didn't hear that from me.)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well there we go, the Turtle has spoken (plus I completely forgot about this and never went to check out the site again).

M

MrPapersHead

This site was brought up on on of the new channels in New York when I was there one summer some 6 years ago. The guy apparently did it as a joke to poke fun at activists who don't pay attention to what is going on. The kind of people who think something is evil by shear fact that it could possibly remsemble somehting that they might not like.

I am not justiying this whole thing, just relaying the information that I remember.

R

Rooser

I'm a fairly trusting individual, which in turn means that I tend to fall for these sort of things, at least at first. Put in the proper context, I certainly am able to see the humor in the site now. And it's not like I'm some hippie animal rights weirdo - I just got really uncomfortable with the idea of cramming kittens into jars.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yeah, I can see how one would not notice it was a joke. Unless one is actually looking for a signs that it is not serious (or particularly adept at detecting them), they can be hard to spot. I assumed it was serious myself, since people have weird hobbies and I didn't remain on the page for long enough to actually look at anything.

I don't think anyone here believes you to be a hippie, although some of us do suspect that you are a vampire... :p