This guy needs to be in Iraq when we bomb!!!

T

train

"The kids know they're supposed to be put away when they come in from recess, but ...they don't come in on time. It drives a teacher crazy."
Apparently this person doesn't have control of their class... this is already a lack of being able to hold one's self in the position they put theirself in... not an opinion...

Ponder the suggestions in this greeting:
"Welcome to the world of Pokemon, a special place... 'Pokemon are incredible creatures that share the world with humans,' says Professor Oak... Carry your pokemon with you, and you're ready for anything! You've got the power in your hands, so use it!'" ... What if children try to follow this advice? What if they carry their favorite monsters like magical charms or fetishes in their pockets, trusting them to bring power in times of need?
Even questioning that this actually occurs would have put some beat-up child in po-dunk USA into the national spotlight... and it hasn't happened... Special place(said for a reason, it's not your school or bedroom...) Oak - as real as jimmy neutron, but parents don't mind him... And POWER - Grayskull comes to mind... and if kids were more susceptible at any given time it was during the 80's...

Obviously... didn't understand the supernatural powers... Neither do most young Pokeman fans today. Unless they know God and His warnings, they cannot understand the forces... if parents underestimate the psychological strategies behind its seductive mass marketing ploys, they are likely to dismiss the Pokemon craze as harmless fun and innocent fantasy. In reality, the problem is far more complex.
This is not an opinion... it's a conclusion... and she's attempting to impose this upon others when most of the world's population does not believe in God to start with... This also belittles those who do understand and realize this is a game...And name any business that doesn't have any psychological strategies... Need I say radio is purely psychological strategies...

The Pokemon mania supports a financial conglomerate that knows how to feed the frenzy. ...drives the multi-billion dollar business. ...inspires the obsessive new games that disrupt schools and families by giving the children --

a seductive vision: to become Pokemon masters
a tempting promise: supernatural power
a new objective: keep collecting Pokemon
an urgent command: "gotta catch them all"
These enticements are drilled into young minds through clever ads, snappy slogans, the "Pokeman rap" at the end of each TV episode, and the theme song at the start of the show:

the Pokemon mantra, fuels the craving for more occult cards, games, toys, gadgets, and comic books. There's no end to the supply, for where the Pokemon world ends, there beckons an ever-growing empire of new, more thrilling, occult, and violent products. Each can transport the child into a fantasy world that eventually seems far more normal and exciting than the real world. Here, evil looks good and good is dismissed as boring. Family, relationships, and responsibilities diminish in the wake of the social and media pressures to master the powers unleashed by the massive global entertainment industry.
Name a successful Fortune 500 company that doesn't know how to feed the frenzy...
Is it not worse to force upon children what you think they should become in life...
Like success in life... or may I, any recognized religion in the world...
Usually parents provide children enough to gain a new objective - thus the teenage, rebellion years...
Because I said so... the parental oath...

No wonder children caught up in the Pokemon craze beg for more games and gadgets. Ponder their influence: "You can catch a Mew by cheating with a Gameshark." Ahhh. The Gameshark. . . Cheating is not honorable. But many of you have requested and sent me this information, so I have put it up for all you cheaters."
So she goes on to list how someone can cheat - that's okay - she'll repent this afternoon...

While children delight in these mysterious realms, concerned parents worry and wonder. What kinds of beliefs and values does the Pokemon world and its links teach? Why the emphasis on evolution, supernatural power, and poisoning your opponent?
Intelligent parents laugh at the concerned parents...

"I'll just use my psychic powers." Already, the world of fantasy had colored his real world.
They were probably discussing a game scenario where one kid was talking about how invincible his Pickachu was... but I forget... this is a conclusion, not opinion... so we must understand she has no common sense...

a classmate gave him one of the magic cards, which he showed his mother. It was called "Soul exchange" and pictured spirits rising from graves. Like most other cards in this ghastly game, it offered a morbid instruction: "Sacrifice a white creature."
Sounds like the bible to me... but this is her opinion...

He told her that during recess on the playground the children would "summon" the forces on the cards they collect by raising sticks into the air and saying, "'Spirits enter me.' They call it 'being possessed.'"
This doesn't mention Pokemon or Magic... and these kids have deeper problems than a CCG... if this child is telling the truth...

demonic possession is no longer confined to distant lands... government schools... are teaching students the skills once reserved for the tribal witchdoctor or shaman in distant lands. Children everywhere are learning the pagan formulas for invoking "angelic"6 or demonic spirits through multicultural education, popular books, movies, and television. It's not surprising that deadly explosions of untamed violence suddenly erupt from "normal" teens across our land.
They weren't normal, and neither were their parents... Woman - I command thee... Be gone!!!...

Occult role-playing games teach the same dangerous lessons. They also add a sense of personal power and authority through personal identification with godlike superheroes. Though the demonic realm hasn't changed, today's technology, media, and multicultural climate makes it easier to access, and harder than ever to resist its appeal.
Let me tell you - If I see someone roll dice during a fight, I'm a runnin'.... And resistance is futile... Actually it's dependent on a parent's upbringing of their child's morality...

ROLE-PLAY AND PSYCHOLOGICAL ADDICTION. The televised Pokemon show brings suggestions and images that set the stage for the next steps of entanglement. It beckons the young spectator to enter the manipulative realm of role-play, where fantasy simulates reality, and the buyer becomes a slave to their programmer.
Church...

Psychologists have warned that role-playing can cause the participant to actually experience, emotionally, the role being played. Again, "the child becomes the master." Or so it seems to the player.
I think she's feeling a little bitter her Psych told her he couldn't help her...

Not only does this repetitive practice blur the line between reality and fantasy, it also sears the conscience and causes the player to devalue life. The child learns to accept unthinkable behavior as "normal".
I'd like to mention... Good, Lawful-Good, Neutral...

The rules and rewards force the child to develop new habits and patterned responses to certain stimuli. Day after day, this powerful psychological process manipulates the child's thoughts, feelings, and actions, until his or her personality changes and, as many parents confirm, interest in ordinary family life begins to wither away.
These kids need real parents...

1. First, look at God's view of contemporary toys, games and cartoons. As a family, read Scriptures such as Ephesians 5:8-16, 6:10-18 (the armor of God); Philippians 4:8-9; and Colossians 2:9.
Revelations... Remind them the God bringing forth these horrors loves them...

"Did you know that in the Bible, serpents and dragons usually represent Satan and evil?"
Satan is an angel... and God loves him...

"Who would want to play with that evil monster? I don't even like to look at him. Let's find something that makes us feel happy inside."
Like you and daddy do mommy???... That could be anything from Alcohol to die-hard powered dildos:eek: :p

Tell your child why you wouldn't want to buy certain things for yourself.
Then explain to them, how someone else should buy them for you...

2. Does it have anything to do with supernatural power? If so, what is the source of that power? Does it oppose or agree with God's Word?
Ummm... mom... your making me was a sin...

3. What does it teach about violence or immorality and their consequences?
Not to be on the shallow end of such things...

4. Does the game or toy have symbols or characteristics that link it to New Age or occult powers?
Star of David, Crosses worn by christians... baptism...

5. Does it build godly character?
I can build a godly character...

"Whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy - let your mind dwell on these things." (Philippians 4:7-8)
Then why didn't these items get listed... perspective...

"It seemed to us that these cards had some sort of power,"
They're made of CARDBOARD

This was not merely a statement of opinion... It was a belittling of parents around the world by someone who seems to be scared of something they are nt dealing with personally...

Wy not just play the game and see how possessed she becomes???... Because she knows she's full of OINK!!!
:eek:

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

I was just talking about how some people have overstepped the boundaries of constructive criticism. The examples I suggested people pick up on were humility, and an even temper. That's all.

Yes, "I'll just use my psychic powers" refers to the character.

In fact, I'll analyze this further, just to show that I take neither side in this:

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ponder the suggestions in this greeting:
"Welcome to the world of Pokemon, a special place... 'Pokemon are incredible creatures that share the world with humans,' says Professor Oak... Carry your pokemon with you, and you're ready for anything! You've got the power in your hands, so use it!'" ... What if children try to follow this advice? What if they carry their favorite monsters like magical charms or fetishes in their pockets, trusting them to bring power in times of need?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...then they've gone Pegasus and need to seek both the Lord and a psychiatrist. Besides, the game refers to 'Ash', your character, as you. When I play Metal Gear Solid, I'm often called 'Solid Snake' by the game, but that doesn't mean I'm going to sneak around in cardboard boxes and punch out the first security guard I see. That is, if my mind isn't easily colored by such.

Also, the 'power in your hands' refers to the abilities of the Pokemon, making Ash ready for anything pokemon-related.

The Pokemon mania supports a financial conglomerate that knows how to feed the frenzy. ...drives the multi-billion dollar business. ...inspires the obsessive new games that disrupt schools and families by giving the children --

These enticements are drilled into young minds through clever ads, snappy slogans, the "Pokeman rap" at the end of each TV episode, and the theme song at the start of the show:

the Pokemon mantra, fuels the craving for more occult cards, games, toys, gadgets, and comic books. There's no end to the supply, for where the Pokemon world ends, there beckons an ever-growing empire of new, more thrilling, occult, and violent products. Each can transport the child into a fantasy world that eventually seems far more normal and exciting than the real world. Here, evil looks good and good is dismissed as boring. Family, relationships, and responsibilities diminish in the wake of the social and media pressures to master the powers unleashed by the massive global entertainment industry.

Hmmm. It's a tank with a humanoid shape, and it can be piloted. It must be Metal Gear! And those missile launchers must be nuclear! I've seen it all the time!

Like Snake and Metal Gear in the games, the author has dealt with so many real dangers (and it shows in the Feminism, Aliens, etc sites) that anything that can be made into a danger, which *isn't* 100% error-free like God's Word, must be another one of them, as far as she is concerned.

BTW: The cross and Star of David/Hexagram looking like occult or New Age symbols is coincidental, as are much of the symbolic red flags being waved by various watchmen.

Also: Satan is an angel, but he is so committed to flipping off God that he will continue to do so, even to his own eternal ruin. This is why he was kicked out of heaven. However, God does allow some stuff by His enemy in order to work it to the greater good (See the Book of Job, all of it, for more).

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
What if they carry their favorite monsters like magical charms or fetishes in their pockets, trusting them to bring power in times of need?
I wonder how she feels about people/kids that wander around with a rabbit's foot in their pocket. Or is there an occult symbolism there too? :eek:

Personally, I think that if carrying around a picture of that stupid electric mouse was to help my kids to feel a bit more self-confidence, well, even though I'd rather they came by it more naturally I don't really see the problem with that. But the truth is, they doesn't carry their cards, or their GameBoys for that matter, around at school, but they do feel more confident in themselves when interfacing with their peers because they KNOW the game, and can talk about it with their friends and know what they're talking about strategy-wise.

Which leads to my next point...

"Whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy - let your mind dwell on these things." (Philippians 4:7-8)
Maybe it's just because I myself am game-positive, but I see virtues in a game that teaches basic strategy, and in a group setting can be used to promote good sportsmanship and fair play. For us, it's also a bonding experience (my wife often marvels at my ability to "speak Pokemon" with the boys) which continually gives us non-important and fun things to talk about.

Which leads to another point...

This was not merely a statement of opinion... It was a belittling of parents around the world by someone who seems to be scared of something they aren't dealing with personally...
This is exactly how I took the article, as posted. It seemed to me it was written by someone who didn't even take it into account that a parent might take an active interest in their child's foray into the world of fantasy, or at least a passing enough interest in order to monitor/prevent their child's descent "into a fantasy world that eventually seems far more normal and exciting than the real world". IMO, any parent that doesn't is far more irresponsible than their kids are, and has no one else to blame for it when something goes wrong.

Sounds to me more like they're just looking for an excuse for their pathetic attempts at parenting...:rolleyes:

T

train

Also: Satan is an angel, but he is so committed to flipping off God that he will continue to do so, even to his own eternal ruin. This is why he was kicked out of heaven. However, God does allow some stuff by His enemy in order to work it to the greater good (See the Book of Job, all of it, for more).
Satan was not kicked out of Heaven - He chose to leave and God gave him the choice of where he wanted to go, so with all us tempting humans available...he chose earth as his realm to dwell on... He wanted to show God that giving us souls was a mistake...

He is not god's enemy. He is our accuser... He merely points out to God what it is we do as we fall for his temptations, and is upset that God still loves us when we choose wrong. As such, if it were an epic "battle" Satan could have easily destroyed Jesus in the desert, he only tempted him... He is only here to tempt us...

The difference is that the minions/demons do the evil "fighting"... As they are all Angels that have chosen to "fall". This is where the comedic 2 angels on the shoulders ordeal/belief has come from...

Through it all, Nothing works to the greater good, unless we choose to rise above the temptations layed before us... As Job did...
;)

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

God doesn't make mistakes, so I hope you're talking about "He wanted to show God that...." as an idea from Satan's point of view.

Giving us souls wasn't a crap idea after all. The Lord didn't want to be served by robots. He wanted fellowship with people who would delight in praising, worshipping and obeying him. Those who didn't want to made their own choice. After all, for some people, seeing how bad their own choices are will be a step on the road to following His will.

(Read Gen 2:16-17; John 1:12; and Gal 6:7-8. <Shakes fist> Read iiiiiiiiiiiiiiit...)

Since, left to its own devices, this will go off on 8,000 different tangents, this is the last post that I will give on this discussion.

T

train

God doesn't make mistakes, so I hope you're talking about "He wanted to show God that...." as an idea from Satan's point of view.
That was Satan's take on the issue - though it is also thought he was a bit jealous we got souls, which would just fuel the flames...

Giving us souls wasn't a crap idea after all. The Lord didn't want to be served by robots. He wanted fellowship with people who would delight in praising, worshipping and obeying him. Those who didn't want to made their own choice. After all, for some people, seeing how bad their own choices are will be a step on the road to following His will.
Thus...
Through it all, Nothing works to the greater good, unless we choose to rise above the temptations layed before us... Me
(Read Gen 2:16-17; John 1:12; and Gal 6:7-8. <Shakes fist> Read iiiiiiiiiiiiiiit...)
I got enough of it in CCD, and all the retreats, sermons, study groups etc... where it was preached in the CoC and BC...

Since, left to its own devices, this will go off on 8,000 different tangents, this is the last post that I will give on this discussion.
I'm not arguing with you here... we actually both seem to agree and know our bible... ;)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Satan was not kicked out of Heaven - He chose to leave and God gave him the choice of where he wanted to go, so with all us tempting humans available...he chose earth as his realm to dwell on... He wanted to show God that giving us souls was a mistake...
Where's this mentioned? I thought he was kicked out of heaven...

T

train

Here is the scripture for the "accuser role":

Zechariah 3:1 - Then he showed me Joshua the high priest standing before the angel of the LORD, and Satan standing at his right hand to accuse him.

Here is the "choosing" to leave Heaven scripture, it is more of Satan's aspirations to leave Heaven in dreams of being greater than God. As such he chose... His only casting from heaven I can think of was in defeat to Michael and the angels in Revelations. Throughout Job it is apparent that he comes and goes freely into Heaven:

Isaiah 14:12-14

12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! 13 For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: 14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.
:)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't know what you mean by the "accuser" reference.

From what I remember of Job, it sounded like God and Satan met on some other "neutral" ground than in heaven.

Isaiah says "fallen" and "cut down" which infers more to me that he did not get there by choice but rather by someone else's actions.

T

train

Isaiah 14:13,14

For thou hast said in thine heart(speaking to Lucifer), (")I will ascend into heaven, I will exalt my throne above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: 14 I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; I will be like the most High.(")

the accuser reference is to an earlier statement I made...

and from Job 2:
1 Again there was a day when the sons of God came to present themselves before the LORD, and Satan also came among them to present himself before the LORD. 2 And the LORD said to Satan, "Whence have you come?" Satan answered the LORD, "From going to and fro on the earth, and from walking up and down on it." ....... 7 So Satan went forth from the presence of the LORD, and afflicted Job with loathsome sores from the sole of his foot to the crown of his head.

These are the scriptures from which it was determined that he went to and form Heaven repeatedly...

And let it be known... this wasn't my idea... This was "Dr." Pastor's idea... Of course I'm sure this coincides with what a lot of other scholars think or they wouldn't have granted him his Doctorates...;)

Ferret

Staff member
Okay folks. Nice quotes. Which versions are you guys using? The version that justifies wife-beating or the one that justifies Slavery?

-Ferret

"...I prefer the Dead Sea Scrolls version..."

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
train: Okay, so Satan might have met God in Heaven (although that's still a slight stretch since what you quoted was that they came before the Lord, not where). It still doesn't say that Satan chose earth nor that he chose to leave ( from that encounter, sure, but I assumed we were talking about his origins). He was just walking the earth before his encounter with God.

What I'm asking is how do you know Satan chose to leave Heaven as opposed to being kicked out?

And if I have time (I'm working half days), I'll try to find where it says he was kicked out :)

Ferret: What versions are you talking about?

S

Shiro, Time Devourer

No, he is NOT. He's just an honourable servant of God.

(I know you're just joking, Train.)

T

train

No!!!...

There's to be no grilled cheese making robots on this planet!!!...

:p