This could get me in trouble...

Z

Zadok001

Multani: No, you don't sound preachy. You sound like you need a girlfriend... :) J/K

RE: Flame War

Anyways... Guys, lighten up. What we have here has been idenified multiple times: Two people with different perspectives. Put simply, neither one of you has the experience to compare which is better; a signifigant other who plays Magic or one who does not. I don't have that either, and I don't know anyone who does. If there's no way to compare, why argue about it? I cite the parable of the blind art critic: If you can't see both sides of the argument, there's no point in arguing. :) Lighten up. I can't see both sides either.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
Ya' gotta good point there Mike! :D

Oh, and good observation Apollo. Thanks.

[Edited by TomB on August 27th, 2000 at 07:35 PM]

T

theorgg

And when you take theese broken wings, the book of love will open up, and let us sin.

let us siiiiiiinnnn
let us siiiiiinnnnnnn

-Mr. Mister, a guy one of my teachers share names with
I never knew songs from the 80's had [color="red]*****[/color] references...

untill I heard that song's lyrics..

S

Sleepy

are you guys fighting?

[Edited by Sleepy on August 28th, 2000 at 01:46 AM]

D

DÛke

...we were discussing:).
You could say that it almost went out of hand, but it didn't.

Everytime I get mad, I create a poem, and here's tho one:

Title: Almindhra.

Oh, Almindhra, why, why, oh why!
Everytime you talk, you make me fry!
Oh, Almindhra, why, why, oh why!
You are a wonderful girl
You are like a pearl
A pearl with a cause
To haunt me down
And
Make me drown
Deep in your world
Deep in your world
Deep in your world

It's just a joke for fun Moe, so don't get mad at me for it.
Hey, I said you are like a pearl;).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Back to the original idea of the thread...

I would tend to look favorably upon a "gamer chick" just because she does, in fact, do something that is in common interest with myself. I am married to a moderately "gamer chick" in that she is willing to play the games, but I seem to "ruin" the fun for her (both her ans self-analysis). Specifically, the games that are ruined tend to be strategy games. For instance, I introduced her to Titan and she really liked the collecting/trading in creatures part, but when it came to the actual fighting, since I beat her innumerable times, she lost interest.

Party-type card games are okay, like UNO and Skip-Bo. Magic is a definite NO-NO. She has played and didn't do too badly (we played a "one deck, common library" type of game) but she hates the fact that it used to take up all of my time, even to the perceived exclusion of her (some true, some false).

I introduced her to D&D and she likes that; however, it probably also has to do with the group we were with (all mutual friends of both of us). If I had brought her to a group where she doesn't know the people, the experience probably wouldn't have been as great.

Regarding this type of relationship in general: I think it's great for both individuals to like gaming together; it's a common interest that helps (just like meeting someone at church or on a sports team). It's not to say you HAVE to game together 24/7; of course you have other things to do. It's just an added plus, that's all.

A

Almindhra

Good post Superman...

Am I your inspiration Duke?...If so, I'm sorry those poems are the result...( bleh )...Oh, and I'm not like a pearl...

[All smilies that were in this post have been edited out for content that seemed too happy and lighthearted -Zadok001]

[Edited by Almindhra on August 29th, 2000 at 09:23 PM]

C

Cateran Emperor

I rather like gamer chicks. My gf actually is one (she actually likes playing some games more than me)so I can tell you it makes other things work much easier ;)

A

Almindhra

Ok, so I was just joking about that edit thing...It was for affect...

D

Duel

I... see...

you know, this thread made more sense with Duke and Almindhra screaming at each other....:)
J/K

I have nothing but love and respect for the both of you.
[me] does a Gandhi bow[/me]

D

Duel

[me] tickles random people[/me]

Try and outwierd me, will you?

"Don't try and outweird me, four eyes. I get wierder things than you free with breakfast cereal." -Zaphod Beeblebrox

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

Look what i started. This post was suposed to be about gaming chicks. Now duke is gettin ripped on alot instead. Sorry.

D

Duel

Back to chicks
[me] ducks as a mob of feminazi's throw flaming bras at him[/me]

I think that it is useful to have interests that you share, and I think RPG's and CCG's in general are wonderful interests, as they are always there, and can be played in most places. I think Magic ins specific is good because, it's fun, allows you alot of expression (believe it or not) and can be used to work as a team.