This could get me in trouble...

D

Duel

You shouldn't know these Elizabeth's, Zadok. They're Drama girls, mostly.

D

DÛke

...I didn't say going to tourneys is lame, but I said going into tournys with your bf/gf is lame, yes, I'm sorry, but it is lame.
I mean, you probably play Magic most of your time, and even when it comes to your bf/gf, you want to be related to Magic? THAT'S lame and I'm going to stand for my word. IF YOU HAVE opened your eyes and read my post before shouting out your opinion at everyone, you'd see that I never said that playing Magic is stupid or lame.
Yes, playing it with your gf/bf is LAME, and you can't change that.
Sorry, but you are lame.

And Almindhra, you think that "I am slapping everyone in the face" why exactly? Because I have a different opinion than most of you people out there? Or what? Can't I express my own ideas? Or do I have to go with the flow? Well, you have your own choices, and I have my own. If I don't want a girlfriend that plays Magic, then that's my problem IF YOU think it a problem, WHICH I don't think it is in the first place.

And again, I just said, I would wanna have a girlfriend that plays Magic, but not a GIRL like you. I would love to have my girlfriend be SadistAngel or Purple Girl, but YOU? Heck NO! You're mean, unfriendly at times, and when someone throws a joke at you, you call them unfunny. You always put people down, and just try to shout out your opinion without even considering others'. You should think twice before saying crappy stuff.

I'm sorry, but I have called you "my friend" too many times, and I think you just don't get it, and that's fine. You really have a problem Almindhra, you get mad fast (you should see her at AIM), and you always get mad when one disagrees with you...What's up with that? You see, if all gamer girls are like you, who would wanna go out with them? You are so negative.

You put down every non-Gamer girl, and call them LAME GIRLS who like to listen to BACKSTREET BOYS, and GO SHOPPING in GAP or whatever the hell you said. What kind of a point of view is that?
To put down every non-Gamer girl like that! You think you are the best Almindhra? You go around and calling me stupid! Look at yourself before speaking up for me. You call me stupid, and you have no idea how that reflects you. I'm not going to call you stupid now, but I will consider it next time...

Go back, and read every post in this thread, and then, come back, and, THEN, tell me why I'm stupid!

If this is a gamer website, then it's a gamer website. I don't see the crime of expressing my own opinion, no matter how "stupid" it could be.

D

Duel

Playing magic with your Bf/Gf is not lame. Is slightly stupid, highly suicidal, but not lame.

D

DÛke

...I've never had a gf that played Magic so I wouldn't know much.
I would think it's lame.

I've had so much fun with my non-gamer gfs, that, playing Magic with them would just make them lame.

I'm sorry, Almindhra, but,if you are going to call me stupid all the time, than maybe you should ignore me, you know, just like the advice you told me in AIM? About ignoring...

It's really not fair for the other girls. To call them stupid, lame, and all that, just because they don't play CCGs. It's really not fair.

My baby, Erica, is not lame, you can't call her lame.
We party so much, it's not even funny.
Sure, we don't have the Magic interest, but we both like to party a lot, and that's one of the things we have in common.
Is it really bad to have a relationship not based on Magic?
No! Is it really bad to have a relation ship with Magic as one of the common interests? Maybe, maybe not, I've never tried. Like I said, I'm satisfyed with non-Gamer girls, and yes, it could be interesting to see what gamer girls would do for me, but you can't just say that non-gamer girls are stupid.

Hey, call me stupid, but I have a point.
By the way, Orgg, what part was I being hypocritical about?

D

DÛke

...you, Duel, think I'm "stupid":), Almindhra, think I'm stupid:(. There's a difference.

D

Duel

I see.

No, wait, I don't. Run that by me again. I must be stupid. Or is it stupid? either one.

D

DÛke

Duel, you think I'm "stupid". That's fine:).
Almindhra, think's I'm stupid.
You see the difference?
"Stupid"
and
Stupid?
:)

D

Duel

Examines stupid?

Examines "stupid"

Ohhh! I get it!

[me] grins[/me]

She thinks you're stupid with a question mark!

D

DÛke

How "stupid" are you:)?
Anyway, I bet Almindhra never had a boyfriend that doesn't play Magic or other CCG's. If she has, then she should know that playing Magic with your bf/gf isn't the funnest thing ever, trust me, there's other things you could do to have fun other than playing Magic.

A

Almindhra

What are you talking about?...No, I haven't had any other bf than Luke...I've been dating him since I was in 10th grade...And we do do other things...You think I'm playing games constantly?...I just said its something we have in common, something we like to do together...

And I never said I disliked non-gamer girls...All my friend who are girls don't play games...I just said by the way you described the type of girl you want, she seems flakey...( see quote from my previous post )...And I tried to befriend you...But you were freaking out on AIM when I tried to explain things to you 100 x's over...And I'm not going to fight with you on here, ok?...If you want that then bring it to the Battle Forum...

A

Almindhra

Anyway, I bet Almindhra never had a boyfriend that doesn't play Magic or other CCG's. If she has, then she should know that playing Magic with your bf/gf isn't the funnest thing ever, trust me, there's other things you could do to have fun other than playing Magic.
And you've never had a gf who plays games...So what are you talking about?

D

DÛke

...we both are coming from an exactly different point of views.
You never had a bf that didn't play Magic, and I never had gf that played Magic. We are totally different, that's why, I think, we shouldn't be judging each other's point of view this sharply, because niether of us know exactly what the 'other' feels like.
You see what I mean Almindhra? I hope you do.
We are just different people, that's all, nothing less or more.

And about AIM, you know, I know how to use it, trust me.
When I rejected the seeing of your picture it was because I was jelous. I didn't have a picture of me to show you, or a mic to talk to you. I would love talking to you Almindhra, and actually hear what you sound like:).

I'm talking to Ed currently about letting us have a picture in our profile. I hope he accepts the idea. I really want to see who I'm talking to, and I would like for people to see who I am, to actually know what I look like, not just look at "DÛke".

Now that I cleared things up(I hope:)), if you'd like to have a small battle in the battle arena, I'll be more than happy to.
I would love to be 'flammer' once again.
Do you want to do it? Just for fun, nothing personal? Just random flamming, let all your stuff on me out, and I'll let all my stuff on you out. It would be so much fun:).

Remember though, we will always be friends:), just different friends.

TomB

Administrator
Staff member
DUke, why is it that you seem to bring out the absolute WORST in someone on almost every thread you post to?

And Almindhra, what is the deal? I mean, how can you take something like this so seriously, when the two of you are so obviously coming from differing perspectives? I mean, you've never had a non-gaming significant other, and DUke has never been with a girl who likes to game. Neither one of you has seen what you're talking about from the other's viewpoint, yet you're both going to insist you're right and you're going to continue to post insults back and forth at each other!

And insulting all of us in the meantime. :mad:

Please, don't take this to the Battle Forum. Or any other Forum here on our boards either, for that matter. Just drop it.

D

DÛke

...how do I 'bring out' the worst of someone in EVERY post of mine?
If you are not going to bother to explain with reason, than I don't care about an unexplained opinion.

As for Almindhra and me, I think you should have read my post, yes, the one right before yours. Did you read it? Or did you just come about trying to be the nice guy and siging us in a peace treaty?
I have already done that, but you failed to read my post, and you just went right ahead and made your own post.
Seriously though, did you read my post, the one before yours? What did I say? I said exactly what you said, but looks like you don't read other people's opinions.

As for the Battle Arena, you should have read what I said about it too. Again, you should have read my post before complaining.

G

Gizmo

Woah, people people...back it up a little here.

Isn`t it surely the case that whether your better half does or does not play Magic or any other 'game' is pretty much inconsequential. I`d certainly hope that nobody here is single-minded enough to consider people only in terms of whether or not they flop cards or flip dice.

If the shoe fits, wear it.

M

Multani

DUke: Your digging your own grave. I anticipate a major Flame Wave. :D
(Hands DUke a shield in good will.)
I am ALMOST clueless about girls. If they like Magic, great! If they don't fine by me. Having common interests is a good thing. Magic is an interest.
I sound preachy, don't I? :)

A

Apollo

Whoa, DUke. Did you consider that possibly you and TomB were typing at the same time? So perhaps when he was making his post, yours wasn't up yet.

And there's nothing "lame" about playing Magic with a gf/bf, as long as it's not the only thing you do with one another.

Sorry, DUke, maybe you've meant well, but you've come off really bad in this thread (other than the peace post).

Apollo

Ed Sullivan

CPA Founder, Web Guy
Staff member
Duke - As an outsider to this thread, I'm just gonna say that you're coming off really bad here.

Time for a fun abbreviation (Tom - :D)

YHBT. HAND.