Theme weeks?

N

Notepad

How about "Writer's Favorite Set" week? Instead of a figured one set week (where some folks might sit out because they hate, say, Urza's Saga or Invasion), just have everyone white something about their favorite sets?

I'm gonna try to do a latecomer Participate NOW! column for the "why you play casual" week. Heh. :D

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hmm... two good ideas. Either everyone write about the same set or everyone pick a set.

We'll use both! For the week of 9/27, write about your favorite cards from.... Homelands. Then for the week of 10/4, write about what's your favorite set overall in terms of casual play.

If we get that far... still no articles for this week and this is my last day; I'm out the rest of the week :(

N

Notepad

My favorite card from Homolands? That's so oink!

Oooooh! HomElands! I see. I was gonna say the leather chaps were pretty cool in a biker deck or something. Or the Ellen Degeneres legend card was cool...and funny! But with Homelands, there's just nothing I like. Bleh.

E

Ephraim

We will. I'm working on something for Jinxed Idol, but it's coming along slowly. I mocked up a deck that centralizes the Idol, but it's total crap, so I have to improve the deck or cut that portion of my article out. Sorry if it's slow going, but I've got a lab report due next Tuesday and an exam on Friday. Been a bit busy.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I appreciate the articles, but I would be lying if I was slightly disappointed at the turnout. Is it worth continuing if only a couple of people write? That's not quite what I envisioned this whole concept to be, but if it's supposed to be a couple of people, a couple is better than none...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I'm kinda disappointed by the response to this. I realize people are busy (which is why I don't write stuff), but due to the initial commitments, I thought there would be more.

I say bag the whole thing until people are ready to do it.

T

train

I was trying to fit this in, and did for one article... but I guess I'll go back to writing when i can...

(Maybe if I didn't post so much - I'd have more time...)

:p