Theme weeks?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Back on topic: Okay, for next week (or the week after), how about we start easy and have people write about what they like about the casual enviroment. Could be a favorite play, moment, comraderie, decks, whatever. Something easy to get the ball rolling and to see how many people actually write.
"Why I Like Casual"

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I originally posted it last Friday so I figured just a weekend is too short for you guys, so y'all are supposed to be writing this week and submitting it for postings next week. And I'll the post the second week's topic this tomorrow to be posted the week of 9/13.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Okay, the theme for the week 9/13 is to write about your favorite casual deck. Explain whu it's your favorite, any good stories from duels you've played, how the deck works, etc.

T

train

Cool to see some responses - I wonder how many more we have?...

D

Doombringer

uh, Im being lazy cuz I only read 2 posts before this, but, could you have a theme week for non magic stuff? Then i could post that old AI article.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Is this worth continuing? I got three articles from this week. I sort of expected just a couple more... Unless you guys are waiting for a good theme to write about, which I thought this week's was.

Well, we'll see how it goes next week. Just in case we continue, the theme for the week 9/20 is My Favorite Casual Card. You can pick one or more and just write about why it's fun to use in a casual setting but probably wouldn't make it in a tourney setting.

E

Ephraim

Are you sure that topic will generate much writing? I know about the card I might write about, but I can't really think of an article to write about it. The best I could muster might be a casual deck centered around the card, with appropriate discussion of card choices. Granted, even some of the writers at WotC do that, from time to time, but perhaps if we could come up with themes that lend themselves more to verbose writings, it might be more effective.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I would have done one for this week, but I had already written about Relentless Pony and couldn't think of anything else. I also didn't want to try to force it since my last article turned out not so great because of that. I plan on having something for the next one though (favorite casual card) as that topic leaves me with a lot to write about...

I'm at a loss as to what themes lend themselves toward more verbose writing. I didn't see anything wrong with any of the topics so far. The first one is very broad so it leaves room for a lot. I don't like the angle I took on it and I should have started my article over from scratch, rather than ending it abrubtly and submitting it...

The second one, I already wrote an article on my favorite casual deck and I can't think of a second favorite, for some reason.

I think the next topic, favorite card, has a lot of room for writing. We can talk about what the card is and does, why we like the card, how good it is for competitive play, multiplayer applications, decks that the card fits in, how it is used, what other cards work best with it, stuff like that...

I know what card I'll be doing. I could pick a lot of cards, really. But a recent post in the deck forum reminded me of one of my favorites, so I'll take the sign and go with...

Pursuit of Knowledge.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That's what I thought and no one said anything until now, so I thought you were okay with them. So I'm glad someone else thinks there's plenty to write about :)

E

Ephraim

Eh, maybe I'm just not thinking outside the box well enough. Very well, I'll take up the challenge. Dibs on Jinxed Idol.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I think this one can turn out pretty well. We already know two of the card that are being written about. These aren't much as tournament cards go, but they're not crap rares either. They're interesting, and very off the wall...

If everyone's choices are like that, then it could make for an interesting theme week...

M

mythosx

I think it would be easiest if you say set up a week where we visit cards from a certain set. Anyone who wanted to contribute could pick any card from the set cept cards already picked.. we of course would have to run it by you.