The Suck Thread

D

DÛke

Relationships suck.

With women. With men. Especially with Geminis.

Love sucks. I love love, but it sucks.

Drama sucks. Men and women suck, in general, and they make a point telling of how the other "sucks."

I don't like a girl that has a lot of "girlfriends" and when she's pissed at you she goes to her gang, talks all about it, and then when you ask her "what's wrong," she says "nothing" and then blames you for not caring how she feels.

I don't like a guy that has a lot of "guy-friends" and when he's pissed he doesn't talk to any of them; in fact, he's pissed at them as well, for no reason at all. And then when you think he's shallow - because, well, he is - he tells you that you have no right to make judgements because "you just don't know." And suddenly it turns out, my god, he's "that deep," but no one knows about how "deep" he really is except himself, because he doesn’t talk about who he is, if he is anything.

I don't like the "friends with benefits" thing.

I don't like one-night stands. I think they suck.

I don't like when someone tells me: "you have no right to make judgments, especially about relationships and love, because it's all very subjective and personal." What does that mean to me? It means they don't know what love is and to avoid knowing it and being responsible in it, they turn it into absolute subjectivity, beyond judgment, beyond criticism. People like that bug me - because I have to explain to them that it's not as subjective as everyone makes out to be: a blind man can spot a real love and a real successful relationship miles away. But they don't know, they don't listen, and guess what? They don't care. Hence: they suck. All of them. They listen to you as long as they’re right and you’re wrong, and when they’re convinced that they’re wrong and you’re right, they turn away and throw this at you: “to each his own.”

I was talking to one guy, a real wise man of 30-something, and he told me that he doesn't "believe" in monogamy. Well then! And I told him I don't believe in gravity. He didn't know how I didn't believe in gravity when, "obviously," it's there.

I was talking to a lesbian who wanted friends. I make a great friend, I’ve been told. She said she doesn’t want to be my friend because, well, she couldn’t sleep with me. So, let me get this very straight: in order to be your friend I have to be your hoe, too? The sad thing is, she really meant it: I have to pass a sex test, I guess, before befriending someone.

After my breakup, all my friends wanted to date me: and when I declined, they all seized to be my friends because...well, it "hurt" them to be around me when they liked me "more than that." Hence, they all suck.

Oh, and in this day of age, when people tell you to "lighten up," they really mean this: "stop being better than us!" Either that, or they want to sleep with you so bad and they can't stand the fact that you're not "like that," so they try to convince you to "have fun" and...well...to "lighten up."

People. They suck. They have yet to learn that flattery doesn't work because its concept is fundamentally flawed: a person that falls for flattery is essentially weak-minded, and the fact that he buys the flattery means one thing: that the person flattering him posses more cunning and thus can more easily attain his goal without the flattery. So why flatter, then? Because both the flatterer and the flatteree are idiots, and hence, they suck.

People. They suck. What can one do except love them for it.

N

Notepad

Oversoul said:
Kill them?
Here, here! I absolutely second that motion and request a vote bypass on the bill, straight to enactment on the following session of congress!

Additionally, I move for an emergency session to be called immediately following the ending of this session!

DEATH DEATH DEATH!!!

I agree, people do suck, but on different grounds, Duke. The system sucks. Society sucks. Civilization is stupid and it sucks. It must all go to hell. We have nukes, why not use them?

That, or round people up and turn them into hot dogs. I mean, can Paris Hilton or Enimen, or that creepy neighbor really taste that much worse than what's already in hot dogs? I think not...

J

jorael

Why not kill yourself instead of nuking me? I'm quite happy with my life, thank you. :rolleyes:

N

Notepad

Why would I kill me? I actually like me pretty dang much. Me = spiffy! :D

...it's everyone else I have a problem with...

J

jorael

Then nuking probably isn't the best thing to do :) Mind the fall-out!

N

Notepad

That's where my space-faring submarine comes in. I can live in the ocean with Sponge Bob (and eventually MURDER him...) or I can fly into space and watch the light show that is the apocalypse there. I have it all planned out, trust me. All I need are a few more rubber bands for the sub and I'll be done building it.

C

Chaos Turtle

DÛke said:
Relationships suck.

With women. With men. Especially with Geminis.
God, don't even get me started on the freakin' Geminis.

Drama sucks.
Hear, hear.

I don't like the "friends with benefits" thing.

I don't like one-night stands. I think they suck.
Wha? Oh, you lost me there.
I mean: I don't have a problem with either, but I do have a problem with people who get into such relationships without being emotionally and psychologically prepared for the result.

After my breakup, all my friends wanted to date me: and when I declined, they all seized to be my friends because...well, it "hurt" them to be around me when they liked me "more than that." Hence, they all suck.
Yeah they do. That's just the kind of thing I mean.

Oh, and in this day of age, when people tell you to "lighten up," they really mean this: "stop being better than us!" Either that, or they want to sleep with you so bad and they can't stand the fact that you're not "like that," so they try to convince you to "have fun" and...well...to "lighten up."
Funny, when I say "lighten up," I mean, "You're getting way to worked up over nothing; take a deep breath; chill out; quit letting people that suck get to you."

Uh...lighten up. ;)

People. They suck. What can one do except love them for it.
What indeed?

D

DÛke

(Side note: why was RL's first response deleted? This thead does suck, like he said. :))

About the "lighten up" thing, like everything else, it mostly depend on who's trying to advise you. Everyone who has ever told me to lighten up meant this: "you're better than me, please step being better than me."

Spiderman, you suck.

:)

J

jorael

Notepad said:
...I can live in the ocean with Sponge Bob (and eventually MURDER him...)
Now that's a good idea! Need help?

[mtgsalvation]w00t!!1!! 200th post![/mtgsalvation]

T

train

I bet the deleter of RL's post sucks...

as for everything else... if it is going to suck no matter what... why not be the best at sucking...

"If you're going to do something, do it right, and do it that way all the time, when it needs to be done, and do your best at it..."

Time to suck with the best of them... :D

D

DÛke

You know what really sucks?

Don't tell anyone this...but...sometimes...I think I get jelous of computers, especially when there are days when a loved one would use it more than they would look at me.

God, why can't the world just revolve around me!

I'm at school right now, and that sucks.

I double major in both Philosophy and Psychology, and even though they are really stimulating courses, when I graduate, I'll suck because there aren't real jobs for them.

You know what sucks most? Break ups. I can't stand them, I can't handle them, and it hurts me just hearing about them.

You know what sucks even more? A person who is in their 30s and still doesn't know what they want to do with his or her life and is basically drifting through the days.

Here's another thing that sucks. I have a friend: his name is Ted (I call him Teddie Bear because he's a huge monster), and he has a boyfriend, and his name is Kevin - Kevin never liked me becuase I am better looking than him, smarter than him, younger than him, and in bars, malls, and anywhere, people hit on me more than they look at him. Kevin cheated on Ted around 7 times now. Ted stays with him because "he's like that," the clingy type. Kevin does what he wants, almost without consquences. Everyone tells Ted to move on. He doesn't. Why doesn't he? I don't understand.

I'll tell you.

Maybe because he sucks. Because everyone sucks.

Sometimes I wonder childish things. Like...if there is a God...and if there is...why he deals so much pain and damage to some people; sometimes I wonder if anyone really deserves to be hurt as they do.

But then it hits me like a bullet in the back of the head:

Because everyone sucks.

That's why.

T

train

Sounds like Kevin is being the best sucker he can... especially cheating on Ted so many times...

And there are plenty of jobs in Psych and Phil - you could even land a job with the FBI... :D

D

DÛke

Ooh!

Start my own X-Files! That's nice.

But you know what sucked?

The final season of X-Files. Especially the last episode, entitled "The Truth." The ending...sucked. I was hoping they do a little more.

Yes, Kevin sucks. And Teddie keeps complaining to me about him, and I tell him the same thing: cut the ties, slowly, but cut them. He says he's "trying" to, or "planning" to...but week after week, month after month, and nothing. In fact, guess what...just few months ago they bought a house together, to further complicate things.

Why do they do that? why do they suck so bad?

It's like people look for every opportunity to disappoint you, to let you down, without fail, one after another. It sucks.

Sometimes I wonder if there is some kinda of a "Suck" conspiracy going on, some kind of an agreement to suck so bad only to disappoint me or something. I know that sounds awefuly selfish of me, but I prefer a conspiracy like that then to face up to the fact that there is no such conspiracy and that people just essentially suck.

And what sucks is that there is nothing I can do about it.

I need some martini.

Ferret

Staff member
Spiderman said:
Would it be bad to mention I'm a Gemini? :)
Ditto - of course, all anyone has to do is look at our bios :)

Geminii love relationships. We dive headlong into them. Drown in them and usually don't want to be the ones to break them up - mostly, because we also tend to be a little stubborn about everything (even when we're changing our minds - which is often). We are eternal optimists and see the world in such a good light that we get the angriest when it proves us wrong - thus, we are also the world's biggest cynics...

-Ferret

"...and for some strange reason, we're drawn to Scorpios like moths to a flamethrower..."

D

DÛke

Gemini love relationships.

I don't want to talk about them. Hear of them. I don't.

Gemini - I don't know where to begin with you guys, or if I am supposed to begin with you at all. They're like women: you hate them but can't live with out them. Therefore, my grand philosophical conclusion: Gemini suck, big time. And this is coming from an Aquarian who, of all other signs, is said to be able to put up with the endless childish drama and "optimism" of the Gemini.

And Lord knows I did, I do. What the Lord doesn't know is that Gemini sucks. Big, big time.

To all Geminii out there: please stop, just stop! Please!