The red nickname thing underneath people's names

D

DÛke

Ok, Duel didn't say, or in this case, ask, the question I wanted, so I'm going to do it myself.

Where do you guys come up with these nicknames?
I understand some of yours, like Almindhra's ;) and Zadoc's, but there are a very interesting variety of other names, like Purple Girl's Sorcerss Queen, and Whimsical's Adorable Sliver...

Where the heck do you come up with these things? Tell me...
I've seen some very interesting, I almost PMed the person for it, just to ask this question, so, go ahead and shoot me with your answer.

Z

Zadok001

I don't think I'll bother explaining mine. :) Anyone who doesn't know I'm a Greater Good fanatic by now is very, very slow...

A

arhar

Well, as I sit here in my Pyramid, surrounded by my local Cyclopean Mummies, which is by FAR the best card in the game of Magic, I don't think I need to answer that....

D

Duel

Um, I needed something, and fatso didn't scan well?
Seriously, anyone who has a better one for me, tell me.

D

DÛke

...Don't tell me you're a Greater Good Fanatic! NO WAY :).
I'm telling you, Zadok, even people at MTGnews that don't know you, KNOW you were a Greater Good Fanatic! They amaze me, and even scare me sometimes, because they know too much information for just a name :).

By the way, I'm sorry for misspelling your name. Evertime I type in "Zadoc" instead of "Zadok", how stupid is that! I'm not going to misspell it again.

As for Duel, you don't know why you picked "Drow"? Then how did you come up with it? It must have been on your mind or something.
I don't know you pretty well, so I can't give you a nickname. I could give Zadok an alternate name, but that's because I know him.
You, I think you need to ask someone that knows you, or, how about "Night Guy"? You always come at night, and type in everywhere. I swear, I come up to the CPA and see "Duel" everywhere! You type everywhere, you reply everywhere. You are the "Night Guy"...

Come on people, don't make me spill out your names, I've seen very interesting ones out there...

W

Whimsical

Uuuhhhhhh ... I think slivers are adorable? I don't think there's more explanation needed than that (although I think my shrink will take me to task about my choices in cute).

And I kinda like "Drow" for mister Duel. I already made a card for it! ^_^ "Night Guy" doesn't quite have the same pizzazz as being a member of one the meanest of the Underdark's races (apart from those pesky illithids).

D

DÛke

You made cards for everyone too!
I made a card for everyone I know in here :)
Anyway, I saw what you made of me, why am I so weak in your card list :) You made me a BB cost 1/1 black creature that has: "Tap: Target white creature looses flying." What's that ;)?

N

Neo_Keo

I got my name in calculas after we were joking about Wrestling as a carrer and we started making up move names

The only person to fail Calculas but pass the AP exam at my school.

A

Almindhra

Neo...I know my Calc teach didn't think I was going to pass the AP...I didn't do any work in the last quarter...And I kept falling asleep in class...but I did pass with a 4...Same as with my PreCalc class the year before...I didn't do so well, but on the final I got a 99...

Anyways...Where can I find these cards that Duke and Whimsical made of us?

D

DÛke

...I think I posted them at MTGnews about a year ago. Not of you, Almindhra, but of people from back there. I made Nivelimac(Zadok), Ericbess, Sageridder, Rando, Hawiian Mage, Django, Mr_Pestlince(yes, trust me, I made him a card too:)), Duck(used to be one of my long time enemies from MTGnews), and a couple of more...

So, why are you Magic's Bitch Moe?

H

Hellion

Well, Crater Hellion was the first fatty I used during my early days of playing Magic. Originally from my Ponza deck, I became a big fan of Crater Hellion's ability and beatdown potential.

So, my login name is Hellion, and thought of a nick for some time and decided on Mr Pyroclasm because of Crater Hellion's ability when it comes into play.....

A

Almindhra

Well I think you should make a Magic card of me...heh heh...I'd like to see what you come up with...

And, you mean Doe? right?...Well, I thought by seeing my posts and talking to me on AIM you would know that by now...I really meant it to be like a homie thing...Like, "Yo G, where my b**** be at?"...Like, his gfriend...But you took it a different way, so you obviously know why I'm called that...And you have such an odd fascination with my nick...

D

DÛke

Almindhra, Magic's Female Dog 2WWRR
Creature - Legend
WW, Tap: Target creature becomes 0/1 and looses all abilities until end of the turn.
RR: Deals 1 damage to target creature. Use this ability only once each turn.
4/4

The White is for your femininty(sp?) and the Red is for your rage, and sometimes, meanness.
You sometimes make people (or atleast me) seem stupider than they are, so you the Humble ability. Secondly, when you make someone feel bad, you strike them down with a "shut up" or "how stupid are you" or "you're gay" or "talk to Casey, he'll teach you how to use AIM...";), and that's what the other ability is for.

You are 4/4 because you are big on offense and you are also defensive (sometimes), like, when I call you a bitch(I'm joking:)).

Here's my favorite one, I made it long time ago:

Nivelimac 2GG
Creature - Legend
2GG, Sacrifice Nivelimac: Draw X cards. Where X is the total power of all your creatures, then, discard X cards, where X is the total toughness of all your creatures.
2/2

I like it a lot. Zadok likes Greater Good, so this card is one, big, fatass Greater Good. It could give you huge number of cards. Sure you might discard a lot of cards, but that's what the fun is for. This is probably my favorite card: it exactly, IMO, reflects Zadok, and yet, it's a very good card all by itself...

Mr. Pestilence 3BB
Creature - Legend
BB, put a -1/-1 counter on a creature you control: Put a -1/-1 counter on target creature.
3/3

This is a very great card. It reflects Mr. Pestlilence. Everytime I see Pestilence, I think of Black, so I had to make Mr.P a black card. This, gives him the ability to destory any creature by destory his own creatures.

Psycammar 2UU
Creature - Legend
UU: Psycammar becomes target creature until end of the turn. Psycammar still retains all of it's abilities.
1/4

Incase you don't know, Psycammar is FoR. I gave him the name when I first joined, DON'T ask me what Psycammar means :).
I gave him this ability because he is a very confusing person.
He could be anyone. Casey, FoR, FoundationOfRancor, maybe Cate, who knows? Anyone! Could be Magic Jackal, Death Sicle(SP?), anyone? He has his own twisted world. He's only 1 on power because he's not really the offensive type, but he's nice, which shows up in the 4 in the toughness.

I have more...I'll post later...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I'm probably not included on that "wondering" list of DUke's, since mine is kinda obvious...

Although I was wondering myself how many nicknames are NOT Magic-related... can't tell if DUke's is, but it looks like me, Neo_Keo, and Duel of those who have replied so far.

W

Whimsical

Well, mister Duke sir. I make parody cards best ... I could tune the cards up to make them tournament quality. But I like making nonsense cards most of all (the type that'll only see play in Unglued tournaments at best).

All the cards I make suck, to put it succintly. They're just there for the humor value. ^_^

Check the newbie board for my thread, Miss Almindhra. There's a persistent thread there with my nick on it ... there's also a psycho's therapy session thread ... but that's another matter entirely.

Enjoy!

S

superguy

The day I found out you didn't have to do jack to get one of those things I had to get one. So I came up with MAGICBOY 'cause I think it sounds kinda cool. I might change it to Emperor of Squirrels soon though.

R

Rando

I don't haave a nickname.... sniff sniff

And what card did you make of me, Mr. DUke?

A

Apollo

Originally, mine was The Gimp because I broke my leg not long after I joined, but when I healed, I had to come up with something new. My name is the same as my pet African Grey Parrot, and I always portray a Phoenix in the Battle Arena, so Bird Boy seemed appropriate for me.

P

Phyrexian Pie-Eater

I had a really good name that I sent in just b4 I left about a month ago. Needless to say I forgot it. I came back expecting to have it, but it wasn't there. I sent in another one, and wrote it down this time. Well no that I've stated my ramblings, I will go.