The Death Muffin...

E

EricBess

WotC isn't concerned with the specifics of the secondary market. They're not my packs. A friend of mine has nearly a box and he has connections at WotC who he has asked, but he hasn't gotten any specific information yet.

When he does find out, though, I let you know.

N

Nightstalkers

what a hoot all of the misprints are... try playing a deck full of 'em!

Muhahahah

N

Notepad

Yes, "edgar" aka Summer Magic, is Revised. You can get the misprint Hurricane, a correct Serendib Efreet, plus those wonderful dual lands. Flaminio talks about it here:

http://www.flaminio.com/magic/rarities-summer.html

But of course, for the lazy...a cut&paste :D

When Revised was in production in 1994, a number of problems with the set became apparent. The colors were washed out, the picture for the Serendib Efreet was wrong, and there was a growing concern with the Satanic images on some of the cards. The solution was to print a "fixed" edition of Revised, code named "Edgar", that has since come to be known as "Summer Magic" (because it was printed in the summer of 1994).

However, there were many problems with Summer Magic as well. While Revised's colors were too light, Summer's were too dark, to the point that some cards were difficult to read. The Serendib Efreet was fixed, but now the Hurricane was printed with a blue background rather than green. Because of these and other problems, the entire print run was recalled and destroyed. This led to the great Revised shortage of 1994, which old-timers will remember.

A couple cases did make it out, to locations in England and Texas. These surviving Summer Magic cards are now quite rare and valuable—it is estimated that no more than 5 or 6 of each rare exist.

E

EricBess

Thanks for the link, SeFRo. I've forwarded the information to my friend. Looks like Edgar is even more expensive than I would have guessed if a Plains is going on eBay for over $10.

N

Notepad

You should bookmark the site. Its helpful for a ton of entertaining and "oooh, look at THAT" type of visuals. Sweet to see the APAC and EURO land arts all in one place.

Any way it could get linked to on the main site? Its loads more valuable than a link to something like Brainburst.

-SeFRo

Mad Dog: Yeah, Brainburst should be stricken from being recognized as an actual site, and classified in the children programming category.
SeFRo: Huh? What are you doing out?
MD: Dude, I said Brainburst sucks...
SeF: Okay, you may remain out of the box...for now...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Chaos Turtle was working on re-doing the links page when he was the front page editor, but that ball seems to have gotten dropped. I'll ask Ed if he or I can re-do it.

N

Notepad

If you get the okay, could you make a thread for all of us to make suggestions? I know there's other folks on these forums with other good links. Plus, maybe some updated and more descriptive...um, descriptions. Not to be an ingrate or insulting, but "Another Magic site" is pretty useless to a new visitor.

Plus, we need a link to "Magic vs. Mr. T" up there. :D ;)

N

Nightstalkers

we seem to remember a good site by the name of findmagiccards.com

we think... gotta get back to ya on that.

but they have visuals of the cards as well as pricing and links to other card dealers.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Apparently it's rather hard to edit the links page, so we'll have to go through Ed. I've started a thread in Suggestions about new links or changing current links. Please make your suggestions there.

T

train

I suggest we make suggestions in the suggestions thread if they're worth suggesting...:p

N

Notepad

Good suggestion, but you forgot to put it in the suggestion forum. Flag on the play! Penalty kick for visiting team!

N

Nightstalkers

How about a forum that is dedicated to us? it wouldn't be great but it could be a sub-forum... or we could all start reciting from shake-spear.