The CPA Magic Sports League

Status
Not open for further replies.

turgy22

Nothing Special
When we started, there was going to be 23 rounds. When I shortened things mid-season, I left the current round numbers as they were, so as to not confuse which match we were on.

D

DarthFerret

So, what is the deal now? I guess I am confused. Is the season over? Do we have any matches left? What do we need to do now? See...confusion at it's finest!

turgy22

Nothing Special
Two more games left. I've been waiting for Spidey/DF and Mooseman/Modus to finish their games... I might just call the latter, though.

The plan now is to start week 18 on Monday.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I say let them finish. Mooseman is only on in the evenings now so between his and Modus's schedule, they can really only do one move a day, unless there's response stuff. It's slow, but they're going ;)

turgy22

Nothing Special
Well, Spiderman's back from vacation and Mooseman and BigBlue finished their match, but I don't know where to go from here.

Modus Pwnens and DarthFerret seem to be missing, so I'd probably end up counting their final games as forfeits, anyway. But even without playing the final week of the season, the playoffs are already decided, with Melkor, BigBlue and Spiderman in. The final spot, according to the records, would go to Modus Pwnens. Since he's not around, it seems silly to put him in the playoffs, but after him, it's DarthFerret, who's also not around.

So, I can seed the playoffs with Melkor, BigBlue, Spiderman and Rokapoke or I could have someone else play Modus's deck or we could do a round-robin with the other three players, with the best record winning or we can play out the final week and go from there.

Thoughts?

R

rokapoke

My thought is that my deck is not worthy of the playoffs. I vote that someone steps in and uses Modus' deck.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I'll go with what the group decides. But if someone does play Modus's deck, I vote rokapoke or turgy22 since they're around the most. After them, Mooseman.

Melkor

My team is unstoppable and it matters not which deck it has to face. Any deck you pick is no different than a bye into the championship. Tell me what you decide as I am busy engraving trophies and buying Championship rings.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Spiderman;284875 said:
I'll go with what the group decides. But if someone does play Modus's deck, I vote rokapoke or turgy22 since they're around the most. After them, Mooseman.
I'll do what ever you decide, except play my crappy deck again...... we are having some kind of draft or free agency... right? ;)

turgy22

Nothing Special
Spiderman;284914 said:
I sure hope so... I'm not sure how *I* made it into the playoffs.... :eek:
You won 10 games. Weren't you paying attention?

And yes, there will be a draft and "free agency" period, though there probably won't be many good cards hitting free agency since it's only the end of the first season.

I think, for the playoffs, I'll pilot Modus' deck. The seeding will be as follows:
-Melkor vs. Turgy22 (playing MP's deck)
-BigBlue vs. Spiderman
These will be best-of-three matches, with the winners playing a best-of-three match for the championship.

Also, it seems that there are only six active / interested people left in this league (Melkor, Spiderman, BigBlue, Rokapoke, Mooseman & myself). So I'll probably scale things back to just six people and instead of a playoff, there will just be a championship game at the end of next season. Things will be a bit easier, too, since everyone can play everyone else 3x for a 15-week season. Or, I could split back into two divisions of 3 players each for a 12-week season.

R

rokapoke

turgy22;284916 said:
Things will be a bit easier, too, since everyone can play everyone else 3x for a 15-week season. Or, I could split back into two divisions of 3 players each for a 12-week season.
With only 6 people, and with the lack of certainty about which players have the "power" decks, I think it's best to go with the 15-week season. That way, there's no divisional bias in the rankings.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
turgy22 said:
You won 10 games. Weren't you paying attention?
Nope. I think my wins came scattered in between my losses and the intervals between games was too big for me to remember :)

So should we start the threads or you?

R

rokapoke

turgy22;284916 said:
Also, it seems that there are only six active / interested people left in this league (Melkor, Spiderman, BigBlue, Rokapoke, Mooseman & myself). So I'll probably scale things back to just six people and instead of a playoff, there will just be a championship game at the end of next season. Things will be a bit easier, too, since everyone can play everyone else 3x for a 15-week season. Or, I could split back into two divisions of 3 players each for a 12-week season.
So, with the championship series going rather smoothly I started thinking about next season. And I noticed that BigBlue seems to have disappeared. What does that leave us? Do we twist Oversoul's arm to join up to bring us back up to six participants?

turgy22

Nothing Special
I'm thinking it doesn't matter. As long as the remaining 5 people show up every week, I'd be fine with that. Doing the round-robin thing means the number of participants is irrelevant. Everyone plays everyone else 3x for a 12-week season. Best record either wins or the two best records play for the championship. If BigBlue shows or someone else wants to join, then great, but we can move on without.

Status
Not open for further replies.