That crazy hub thingy...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yes, but we keep bumping this thread to the top of the page, so he'll never be free of the reminder whenever he comes back...

M

mythosx

Oh this thing, called hub, I just can't handle it. Oh this thing, called hub...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Originally posted by Oversoul
Yes, but we keep bumping this thread to the top of the page, so he'll never be free of the reminder whenever he comes back...
he probably just goes through all the "new" threads (the ones that come up after the last time he's been on). When he was on the 4th and 5th, he brought up some pretty old threads (I keep my View Threads on Last 10 Days, but maybe his is set to older). :)

T

train

Spidey's right on how I usually check threads...

working on the decklist - actually trying to dwindle it down now...;)

(It's not easy prepping to take 24-27 hours this fall...)

M

Mikeymike

Originally posted by Oversoul
But the problem here I don't know...

It just seems like in order to use it, the entire deck has to be based around it mostly...

And in order for the cards in the deck to be effective, Hub has to be out...

Hub isn't out at the beginning of the game, so until the Hub hits, those cards are dead weight or sometimes worse...
I've been thinking the same thing, so maybe the key is using cards that are good regardless of the Hub in play or not - but fantastic in play.

Note, I'll probably be repeating some stuff here

Aggressive/Utility decks can use plenty of fading/echo creatures, like....
Blastoderm
Deranged Hermit
Woodripper
Simian Grunts
Skyshroud Warbeast
Crater Hellion

Control as well...
Parrallax X
Stasis

General
Mana Vault/Crypt
Urza's Blueprints
Grinning Totem
Grim Feast
Peacekeeper
Solitary Confinement
Sacred Mesa
Carnophage/Grinning Demon/etc.
Contamination
Devouring Strossus

----------------
Random Stuff...
This is just Green
Yavimaya Ants
Endless Wurm
Aboroth
Ernham Djinn
Force of Nature
Ritual of Subdual
Splintering Wind

Of course, mono-blue can do UGLY things with this...
Embargo
Mystic Remora
Dreams of the Dead
Binding Gasp
Ertai's Meddling
Icy Prison
Illusionary Forces
Dance of Many
Polar Kraken
Serendib Djinn/Efreet
Imaginary Pet

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I had been hearing a lot about players trying it with Stasis. My own idea of fun was to try the Hub with Embargo, but it would be interesting if Hub were able to revamp Stasis, a currently dwindling power card...

Don't forget Glacial Chasm, which could probably shut down many decks...

H

Homestar

but thats the only use i have for them....is to sit there and take up space in my crap rare binder

H

Homestar

yes....... i bought 9 of them for a dolar a piece and hung them on my wall in one of those pages..cuz, i was reading the older threads and you said that aboutdor to nothingness so i tried it....i still have 2 hubs totaly in tact.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I always thought that such a fate should be reserved for cards as bad as Door...

But I guess Hub hasn't responded well to all the attention it's getting. Still not winning any tournaments for anyone, right?

M

mythosx

Hub makes older cards kick total ass.. They dont help much for type 2. Hub + Glacial chasms will shut down 95% of the decks out there period. Im putting one together when I get back to the states.

T

train

didn't see it mentioned previously here - but it was in another thread - hub and cumulative upkeep...

H

Homestar

yea, my favorite combo with the hub, and always will be, reality Twist................