That crazy hub thingy...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
So do some better cards...

But what about Sorrow's Path? Kind of hard to break a card with an insanely situational ability that also hurts you and all of your creatures...

T

train

mudhole - armageddon - mudhole - planar birth
or second sunrise, etc...

and by using an engine that lets you tap/untap it multiple times...
sorrow's path -sun droplet - dismantle - darksteel reactor...
or - and a personal favorite of mine - Simulacrum... if you have an indestructible creature out - this is even better...

or the clerics that prevent damage!...

A Sorrow's Path/Clerics deck - seems fitting...

;) :D :cool:

"Stasis never gets more interesting..."

C

chocobo_cid

That would be a deck purely admirable for the fact that it utilizes sorrow's path effectively.

T

train

kind of... it can be based on a lot of things really... I figured mainly control... and I pictured it W/B... There's nothing like true suicide, then revival...

;)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
A revival seems unlikely barring any cooperative opponents...

But I should keep my mouth shut until an actual decklist shows up...

Who knows? It might be possible to use Magic's worst card ever in a deck, that wins (and actually used Path as a component of this victory, not to take up deckspace)...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Okay, so I still haven't broken Hub yet...

But I haven't been trying either...

I'm still stuck on Ancestral Knowledge though...

R

Reverend Love

I thought about using the Elder Dragon Legends from Legends with'ol Eon Hub...not really abusive. Just an opportunity to employ some of my favorite creatures.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Why wasn't it playable before?

If it's the mana upkeep, a guy in my group used that new elf (joiner?) that lets you pull any mana from a land to get out some elder Dragons...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Well the upkeeps on those the Elder Dragons are nasty. But the thing is that the casting costs on those things are quite a bit more of an issue usually...

But the problem here I don't know...

It just seems like in order to use it, the entire deck has to be based around it mostly...

And in order for the cards in the deck to be effective, Hub has to be out...

Hub isn't out at the beginning of the game, so until the Hub hits, those cards are dead weight or sometimes worse...

But my hope is for Ancestral Knowledge with it, which still stands a chance at breaking Hub if used properly. Parallax Tide is another good one, breaking the opponent for an easy win against many decks if Hub is on the table...

So right now that is what I'm thinking of working with, although I haven't given it much thought really...

Black might also work, since black has some nice stuff, but monoblue is most promising, IMO...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
It's probably easier to wait and setup in MP than a single-player game. The guy was trying a whole bunch of the new 5th Dawn artifacts to try to get them out - it was more experimentation than anything else. Besides that Elf, he had that artifact where you put on counters for 2 and could take them off for any mana, the Doubling Cube? doubling counters, and a couple of others. He was ready to get him out at about turn 5 or so until one of us Pernicious Deeded for 4 to get rid of his artifacts :)

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
I suppose that Nicol Bolas would work best with a Shallow Grave type card or something like that...

R

Reverend Love

Parallax Wave and Tide are certantly broken with crazy hub thingy.

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
Yeah, Tide sounds especially nasty. And Wave would simply eat up creature based assaults or blockers...

I saw one guy use Hub with Parallax Nexus even...