tempo, card advantage and other theorys.......

O

orgg

Type One, now called 'vintage' officially, though nobody uses that term, allows nearly any card printed, with some exceptions. There's a Banned list that forbids cards, and there's a restricted list that limits a card to one-of-in-a-deck only.

Type Two is the most current basic set and the most current blocks.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Gizmo: Homestar is a beginning player and probably needs the oversimplification so he starts to understand the basic terms before getting into what you're talking about.

Homestar: what orgg said above, the two most current blocks are the last two blocks, meaning Onslaught and Mirrodin now. When a new block starts in the fall, Onslaught will "rotate" out and no longer be Type Two (or Standard as it's more commonly called) and it will be Mirrodin block and the new block.

H

Homestar

oooo so does that mean that rotlung's and scions will be cheaper :p!!!!!!!!!!

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Depends on what their demand is in Type 1 (or Extended, which is another format between Type 1 and Type 2). If it's still high, they're probably be around the same price.

T

train

Prices normally drop... even with the new power rares, because most don't compare with older versions of the cards, but there are some exceptions...

as for chess theory - it all depends on whether or not you're playing tourney, I tade Queens for pawns whenever necessary...;)

M

mythosx

you a chess fan train? If yes, we should play sometime. I'm a bit rusty and haven'T played competitively in ages. Actually I havent played for real since highschool. Yeah yeah you can all laugh, I was a chess geek. Actually no, I didn't like those people. They were wierd. Talking about wierd things laughing at thier own jokes. I just play the game.

C

chocobo_cid

What was really annoying was when the pimply kid on the other side of the board is talking up a storm, doing his calculus, and laughing his throaty, wheezy, laugh all the time.

M

mythosx

you just brought up flashbacks...

I almost just shouted out loud, "Take a shower you freak!"

T

train

Yeah - I'm a chess fan...

Love to play still, and would competitively if I ever had the time...

Had the most fun breaking the queen's gambit strategy each high school player loved to set-up during the tourney... If you don't know Gambit - pick up a chess book - it's everywhere... and simple to bypass...

The school sponsor loved teaching the gambit to everyone... unfortunately for them, I don't follow, I tread...

recently played a 7-year old prodigy... great mind - autistic, but he focuses on one thing once you retreat a piece... a few moves later he was asking for a rematch...

and no - I wasn't picking on this little kid... he was good... his grandfather wanted him to play locally in public for a while before competing - he'll do well if he's patient, and doesn't let his autistic-ness(?) get the best of him...

wish I could remember his name to check his USCF rating...:rolleyes:

would love to play some time...

M

mythosx

those young masters need to live balanced lives...Sure its easy to be a grand master...if you don't go to schoool or have friends cept your chess tutor who you see 16 hours a day. Crazy nuts. Same for you young magic players. Stay in school. Go to college. Get fresh air. Get some excercise.

We can set up a game in the other games area if you want. I won't be much of a challenge right now though...Im rustier than a bed wetter's bed springs.

N

Notepad

Originally posted by train
autistic-ness(?) get the best of him...
What the hell? Are you some sort of RETARD or something?

The word you're looking for is "Autism" and not with the "-ness" suffix.

I is aggrivatified by the idiousness of the custumarians. There stupidism is spreadicating to me, and that...weight, what was eye sayed? :D :D (something I made up one day when customers were being real stupid at work.)

T

train

hey - It was early in the morning... and there weren't any *-sm words on my mind...

autism... that's what I meant - same difference...

kudos to me for putting a ? mark next to it as I knew something was wrong with it...;)

T

train

I got an *-sm word for you...:eek:

that's all I really had... though a game of chess sounds nice...:cool: