Team CMU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
real thing: Well, Apollo pretty much said what I would have said to each of your points, except I have to add to
Disdain for good players? Myself, Team CMU, and Evil Shop Guru are all mentioned negatively by YJ. What do we have in common? You guessed it, we are all good players. This is very common for non-competative players to have a deep hate towards good players who have become that way through hard work. It is not easy to stay sharp without alot of practice. Don't playa hate.
"We are all good players"? This statement just smacks of arrogance. While y'all may be good players, at no point in this thread did YJ specifically attack your playing skills (and if he beat you a couple of times anyway, does that not make him a "good player"? Or are you going to pull out the 'ol "I was testing a deck" line?) Again, I'm not saying you guys collectively are NOT good players, I'm saying this has absolutely NO relevance.

"Deep hate"? I have yet to see where YJ consistently spews out filth and curses your name or Team CMU (Evil Shop Guru is another matter...) Again, in the first post he said he likes Team CMU to come and play against.

Let's not generalize and try to fabricate accusations that just aren't there. Once again, it seems you're trying to expand the whole situation and not getting down to the reason of the rant (which is what part of this forum is intended for) which is allegedly a tourney was held late because of perceived special treatment for YOU by the shop.

Gizmo: I disagree, I don't read YJ "clearly being intimidated" in that statement. What I DO read is that allegedly real thing has received special treatment before and just provided more evidence to support YJ's initial reason for the rant.

P

patnik

I also think that this post has got a little out of hand. I replied to it because I recieved an e-mail from aaron with some of yellowjacket's comments in it. I knew most of what had gone on, and felt that my opinion held some weight. I think that by the title and some of the posts made afterwords that it appeared that YJ was a little mad at Team CMU, and the evil store owner. Now since I am a part of CMU and good friends with evil store owner, I felt that I should do my best to offer my opinions, because one thing that I don't like is when someone is getting bashed in a public forum without getting a chance to reply themselves. ALso I do not like to be precieved any differently by casual players as I would want to be by pro tour regulars. While I pratice playing at the O, I have much more fun going to Infinity or SEG and just playing, because it's exactly that playing not praticing. I now see that you did not intend to bash anyone, and were just upset that the tournament started late, so I will say that I am glad that the misunderstanding is cleared up. I hope that nobody is going to continue to beat a dead horse by arguing this topic further. Hopefully I'll see you local guys around when I get some time off of work.

Mike Patnik

Team CMU

Z

Zadok001

Thread closed, and hopefully, we're all happy now...

If you REALLY want this open, email me (zad001@hotmail.com), and I'll do it (or at least give it serious consideration).

Good luck, guys. :) Let's all be happy...

Status
Not open for further replies.