Survivor: Micronesia

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Amanda made a great play in using the idol when she got it, although she did know everyone but Parv was voting for her... Kinda weird that Natalie/Alexis (forgot who won the reward challenge) sent her to Exile Island when she volunteered but turned around to vote her off when Erik won immunity. I guess she threw them off when she showed them that she couldn't find it but still... I guess they were outwitted that time :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Saw May 8th episode but not the finale yet...

All I can say is that Erik got played, played, played! Man, why would you give up the immunity idol and a sure shot at final 4? I think he was too "star-struck" and just out of his league... man, the jury's reaction to his giving it away was hilarious, especially Eliza and James. I'm sure they went over it in the reunion show but man...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Saw the finale...

Man, having the show go back to the final 2 sure threw Cirie, Amanda, and Parv for a loop.

I'm not quite sure how Parv managed to get the majority but I guess she didn't piss too many people off, or they understood that it wasn't personal or whatever.

Amanda's Interview

E

EricBess

Agree completely with your Erik assessment. That kid was way to star struck for his own good. I don't think he would have ever made that play had it not been a "fans vs. favorites" situation.

I also can't believe Parv won. I think Amanda's only real issue is that she came across as arrogant at the wrong moments. For example, it was certainly a brilliant move to play the idol when she did, but when she did it, she was gloating and strutting. Play that down a bit and you probably get more votes from the jury.

The one I didn't get was Eliza. Sworn enemy of Parv, even to the bitter end at the finale show, but she gave Parv her vote anyway. I don't think that came down to "I was a rival but I respect her". I got the impression that there really was no respect there. So why did she vote against Amanda?

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Although I can see how it might be seen as strutting and gloating, I think she was (justifiably so) happy to put one over everyone else. It sounded like the jury was more turned off by her crying and show of emotions, which they thought was fake.

I think Eliza was either turned off more by that than being a sworn enemy of Parv, or just that because she was the first member of the jury and thus had the most time to be out of the game and reflect, that she voted for Parv.