Survivor: Exile Island

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't think the whole of Casaya is convinced that Terry has the idol. Even though he showed it to Danielle, either they don't believe her or she's not telling the whole tribe. Plus, when they went snooping through his stuff, they couldn't find it... Terry showed Bruce but it sounded like Bruce wasn't telling the rest of the tribe.

I can see how the 3-2-1 thing would work, especially if the alliance stays true and Bruce and Cirie are the first 2 to go. They wouldn't be told that they were going... but I hope Terry keeps winning immunity so they'd have to vote for each other.

I wish I had that episode on tape - I really remember Terry fishing for information and naming the names and Shane being non-committal. When did they re-show it?

E

EricBess

It was at the beginning of the show when they show, "previously on Survivor..." if you still have this last episode taped and didn't miss the beginning, then you should be able to go back and see it.

I think when Terry made the bet, he was hinting at his ability to disrupt that because of the idol.

E

EricBess

Probably one of the more interesting episodes in the last couple of months. They do the "see who your friends really are" type challenge and it shakes a few people up. Lines are finally being drawn within the tribe.

Also, the medical emergency finally happens. I won't give any details about the results of that until you've seen it, but I will go ahead and confirm that it is Bruce that has the problem (which you can get from the previews).

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, saw it finally last night. I guessed along with the questions and was about half right on the answers :)

What was really surprising to me was that apparently Aras, Cirie, and Shane had an alliance going, with Aras and Cirie from Day 1. Now that would make more sense with Shane revealing to Terry what he thought the final four would be, but all this time, there was such a big deal about Aras, Shane, Danielle, and Courtney being an alliance. If Cirie is in with two of them already, then it leaves Danielle and Courtney in a very interesting position.

Since Bruce had to leave (which sucked BTW - I hate to see someone get eliminated that he has no control over), I think Courtney is the next one out, if Terry wins immunity. Unless she and Danielle somehow realize the situation and start trying to form doube, secret alliances to get perhaps Shane off (who the majority thinks he thinks he's in control :) )

But if Shane was pulling an act for Aras and Cirie's benefit, I think he has them fooled...

Survivor Secrets

E

EricBess

The majority doesn't think Shane's in control...The question was, "who thinks they are in control falsely". The majority think Shane feels he's in control, but they don't think he is...

I think most people think Aras is in control. But he's the one most people have also talked about wanting to get rid of. So, they think he's in control, but they don't want him to be...

I think for whatever reason, everyone is afraid to disrupt the "alliance" because they will get voted out if they do. And for whatever reason, they haven't figured out the pecking order...

It will be interesting to see if the reward challenge ends up having any bearing on how people vote next time.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
EricBess said:
The majority doesn't think Shane's in control...The question was, "who thinks they are in control falsely". The majority think Shane feels he's in control, but they don't think he is...
That's what I meant in my clumsy sentence up there :)

I kinda hope Terry goes all the way just because he's the last survivor of his tribe and everyone's gunning for him, but I think Cirie should win overall. She's just so laidback and cracks me up with her laughing at herself and the tribe and situations :D

E

EricBess

Okay, halfway into tonights episode and this is just nuts...

Is Shane stable? I can't figure out if he really things that Blackberry is working or not.

And Cirie with the fish...this is got to be one of the oddest episodes in a while...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Saw the taped episode last night, except our power had gone out before Thursday and apparently I set our TV clock wrong so we missed the first 10-15 minutes... we came in at the tail end of the reward challenge, so we missed the Blackberry thing.

Although I think it's just an act, from all these interviews and their opinions on Shane.

Cirie is just too funny.

The voting is getting interesting - I'll repeat, Terry is a *monster*! He just keeps winning those immunity challenges... I bet Shane and Courtney were the most surprised from the voting (well, Courtney of course), but Shane's look when the final vote was read was great! Such bafflement... I wasn't sure if Danielle was going to go with them on the vote but I guess she decided it was in her best interest to do so.

E

EricBess

All I've got to say is that I was never a huge fan of Cirie. Sure, she was playing the game, but it was mostly just playing off of everyone else's anger and attitudes.

But man, she controled things last episode. And I love how she thinks. Everyone else wants to get rid of the biggest and the strongest because they are more likely to win immunity. She wants to get rid of the whiney and the annoying because they are the ones people will want to take to the final 2. That's awesome.

Cirie has a problem that everyone assumes she will win if she makes it to the final two. They are probably right. But being willing to double cross the double cross and seriously play everyone, in the end controlling the entire vote (she effectively told everyone who to vote for)...

My opinion on Cirie has seriously changed. She can play this and she needs to go all the way...

Oh, and Terry seemed pretty surprised by the vote, also...Both he and Shane had expressed serious interest in taking Courtney to the final two, so their plans were messed up the most.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, I agree with her thinking; if "everyone" wants to take Courtney to the final 2 with them, the best way to mess up their plans is to eliminate Courtney.

I didn't get that she thinks she will win if she's part of the final two though.

Oh, I agree that Terry was thrown for a loop too, but he's really at the mercy of how Casaya will vote. I think he'll adjust more than Shane, who thought he was in charge and knew how things were going down.

E

EricBess

I don't think Cirie necessarily thinks that, but there have been a few comments from others talking that they seem to think that they can't win against Cirie if she's in the final two.

I agree that Terry will bounce back. He's guarenteed in the final 4 now, and if he wins immunity again next week, he probably controls the vote. At a minimum, he can guarentee one other person in the final 4. Since the immunity idol is only good prior to the final 4, there is no reason for him not to give it to someone next week if he wins the challenge.

There have been comments that imply he plans to throw next week's challenge, but I don't really see that happening...

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Man, I must have missed both set of comments: about Cirie winning and Terry throwing the challenge...

E

EricBess

I don't remember the full context. If I remember correctly, the comments about Cirie winning were when Shane and Courtney were talking, right before Shane got on and said that anyone could win against Courtney in the final 2.

I don't remember when it was, but I thought Terry had mentioned once that his "strategy" was to win every immunity challenge except the one leading to final 4.

Both comments would have been in the one-on-ones with the camera and probably aren't to be taken too seriously.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I missed the reward challenge (again!) but saw the results of it (who got to see their loved ones) and everything else. I just loved Shane's and Terry's reaction in tribal council again... neither of them saw what was coming! But Terry's still the man... winning 5 straight immunity challenges. And it sounded like he could use the personal idol during this next Council, when the final 3 are decided...

Courtney's interview.

E

EricBess

Yeah, I think Terry was surprised, but I was a bit surprised that Terry didn't really even try to get involved in the voting. Also, they never read the final vote (which was Terry's) during tribal counsil. Did you see it during the end bit? Terry voted for Aras. So, he was expecting Danielle to go because she was "next on the chopping block", but he was just going to let everyone do that to her.

Okay....now, I've always been under the impression that the immunity idol can be used to get you to the final four, but couldn't be used beyond the final four. In other words, I was under the impression that last night was the last chance for Terry to use it. However, it appears that I was mistaken and "can't be used beyond the final four" means that he can use it at the tribal where they are down to the final four, but not beyond that. Either that or Terry's in for a surprise next episode.

It's a bit too bad, really. I was half expecting Terry to approach Danielle and give her the idol if she voted for Aras. That would have 3 votes for Danielle and 2 for Aras, leaving Aras out of the final four (of course, it would have ended in a 2-2-1 split vote as it turned out, unless the told Shane of the betrayal). But if he still has another chance to use it, then guess that wasn't an option.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, he said he wanted her to go but it appears he would let everyone else do his "dirty work", maybe so he'd look better when it came down to the final two.

From the previews, it sounds like Danielle is about to ally herself with Terry, so who knows...

E

EricBess

Its hard to say if Terry would be a good person to take to the final 2 or not. As it stands, Danielle is probably least likely to actually win against anyone who is left, but even that is up in the air.

I think Courtney was the only person that Shane could have won against and now both of them are gone.

I still think that Cirie has the best chance if she makes the final 2, but even that is questionable, depending on who else she would be up against.

Terry is the wild-card, though. On the one hand, Austin and Sally are guarenteed to vote for him, but what about the rest of the bunch? Do they vote against him because he wasn't their tribe, or do they vote for him because he was such a competitor? In some seasons, I think the tribal lines are strong enough that this sort of thing would be clear. Tribal lines have been very strong this season in terms of getting the numbers, but the old Casaya always seemed to hate each other and if everyone sees each other as ruthless backstabbers, Terry might actually be the favored to win.

Interestingly enough, it seemed to me that Courtney held the most anger toward Danielle for getting voted off based on her expressions at tribal.