Survivor: Cook Islands

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, one down, one to go...

I couldn't tell if Adam or Parvarti was going. And if Ozzie would flip over to their side. Man, that guy is a machine... I hope he wins. While I understand Becky's gripe about him, and that he's too strong for any of the other Aitu members, I just gotta respect his ability at winning stuff 'cause frankly, as someone pointed out, he DID carry Aitu to victory during those challenges against Raro.

E

EricBess

I would be good with either Ozzie or Yul winning. My only problem with Yul is that recently, he's been fairly assuming. There's a lot of "I" in his conversation and he's speaks as if it's automatically that he's going to be in the finals. No one has really called him on it, but it seems like it has to be grating on people. Usually by now, people are talking about how "the two of us will be in the finals" and Yul has talked about "I can't beat him", and so forth.

As for Sundra and Becky, they are clearly just going along for the ride. Becky's done some stratigizing with Yul, but let's Yul take all the political risks. Sundra and Ozzie were both just in the right place at the right time, but at least Ozzie is earning his existance.

Ironically, if Candice and Johnathan hadn't switched, Ozzie would have been gone long ago. Of course, if Raro hadn't kept Johnathan around, they would be completely in control right now.

As far as Pavarti or Adam, the only reason I was wondering if it might be Adam going was because they never showed anyone talking to Ozzie about who was going. Adam is probably a bigger threat physically. Pavarti has been performing better, but she didn't just come off of a bad night at Exile, either. But I think the real concern was that Parvarti is openly manipulative and they were concerned that she might already be getting to Ozzie and that he'd be reluctant to vote her off.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I also think Yul is talking a bit too openly, which so far hasn't seemed to hurt him, but it looks like he's trying to minimize the voting results by being honest with everyone. Like with Jonathan's hat... I think Yul was trying to do a good deed, but in tribal council, by the time he got to speak, it came out like he was trying to play for Jonathan's vote.

Agree about Sundra and Becky, although if Yul would have had to pick if there was the final two, he probably would ahve picked Becky since they've been together from the beginning.

I would have thought Adam would have been voted off too but I agree that from what was shown, Parvarti seemed to be the bigger threat. The only time Adam seemed to be threatened was when Yul came into the tent and told him not to try to sway Ozzie. That was definitely "godfather-like" :)

E

EricBess

It's going to be interesting to see how the final three works. Normally, the endurance challenge leads to picking who you want to go up against. This is just a bit odd...

I was wondering what your impression on the hat was. When the walked in, Yul dropped the hat where Johnathan was going to be sitting. I got the impression that he was planning on downplaying it. Jeff's the one that brought it up and until Jeff said something, Johnathan had no idea who had brought the hat. I got the impression that Yul was planning on just dropping it off anonimously. I was actually a bit surprised that Jeff started making a big deal about it.

I think it took Yul by surprised. He should have pointed out that he just put the hat there before the jury was brought in and wasn't planning on even making a big deal about it being him that did it. Instead, I think he ended up forced into a position where he had to be a bit defensive.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I agree. It just seemed like Yul was trying to do something nice for Jonathan, outside of the game, but when everyone tried to analyze it, it became an in-game play.

Haven't seen the finale yet...

E

EricBess

Okay. We saw it last night. I'll hold off commenting until you have seen it.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Wow, I saw you posted but didn't read the thread in case you said anything :)

So we watched it last night - stayed up to about 1 AM, with the reunion and all. Man am I tired :)

Let's see... almost no surprise that Adam got voted off. He had a slight chance of maybe trying to break the Aitu tribe but didn't/couldn't... I thought him trying to get Yul's idol out was good last-ditch effort though. The immunity challenge for this council was pretty funny; I guess Ozzy's strategy was to take the hardest obstacle first, so when he finally got it, he was behind something like 5 to 1. But then he came back like gangbusters and totally caught up and dominated the challenge.

The endurance challenge was surprising that Sundra stayed in for so long. I'm not even sure why she fell off. It didn't look like she did any sudden shifts, like Yul did when trying to stand up.

But the fire-making tiebreaker was embarrassing. I would think/hope that next time, Jeff would call it off at 30 minutes instead of an hour 'cause if you can't make fire with the flint and steel by then, you're probably not gonna. I think that put the final nail in Becky's coffin - I don't think she was ever a serious contender anyway, but that just left a bad impression in the jury's minds. But it was just funny with all of the cut shots of the jury yawning/sleeping and Jeff looking incredible bored and "stunned" that they couldn't start a fire. :)

I kinda wish Ozzy had won it but like Jeff said, both Yul and Ozzy were deserving because they dominated different facets of the game. I wonder how the voting really went down - apparently Adam kept his promise to vote for Yul if Jonathan was voted out before them. I wonder if Candice voted for Yul based on her question - he did answer yes or no, but then she did continue/add something else and I think he felt that the real question was over and he could respond further.

No real surprises about the reunion. Billy did acknowledge that he was caught up in the moment when he said "I love you" to Candice. Candice and Adam aren't together... but no real "aha!" moments or behind the scenes revelations.

E

EricBess

According to cbs.com, Pavarti, Nate, Jenny, and Rebecca voted for Ozzy and Sundra, Adam, Jonathan, Candace and Brad voted for Yul.

I thought Sundra would have voted for Ozzy, but I guess it was her loyalty rather than the vote to get into the final 3 that made the difference. Perhaps if Becky had actually taken the idol, that would have changed.

It's interesting to see that what effectively won him the game was letting Adam believe that it was his work getting Jonathan off before Adam. Interesting that Adam kept his end, but Candice also voted for Yul, even though she was voted out before Jonathan.

I am glad that Ozzy at least won the car, so they both walked away with something. I agree with Jeff that it would have been nice to see Ozzy win, but if Ozzy had won, you would almost have to say the same thing about Yul. I'm a big fan of the underdog because I think they have to work harder, and Ozzy was the ultimate underdog this season. He was clearly on the chopping block before the mutany and several other times because he was viewed as a threat.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, I'm not sure I think Sundra should have voted for. She didn't seem particular tied to either of them - I mean, they were all equally tight, it seemed.

I guess Candice thought about Yul's answer and deemed it worthy :)

I think I favored Ozzy because of his domination of the physical challenges but also because he was "out of the limelight" of the social aspect and didn't seem to be the manipulator that Yul was. Not that Yul was a bad one, but Ozzy wasn't forced (or so it seemed) to make the hard decisions that Yul had to make since Yul was more in the spotlight.