Sports League: Season 5 Sign-Ups and Info

R

rokapoke

Really, I think it was the looming threat of more mana to come. Every turn. Like clockwork.

< shudder >

turgy22

Nothing Special
It's funny. I held that Stronghold in my hand for 5 or 6 turns, specifically thinking that I didn't need it and if I played it, it would get a vote. Then I reached a point where I needed 7 mana in one turn and really wished I just had an Island or Swamp instead. I think Spiderman was voting on it more for it's potential impact on the game as opposed to what it actually did.

R

rokapoke

Well, I was being very sarcastic. There should be a font for that, or something.

You may have mis-remembered something about your game -- I'm guessing your intention was to cast a vote for the recursion engine that brought back the Moon Heron. If that's the case, Gravedigger brought him back, not the Stronghold. Regardless, it's your vote to cast and you should do so as you see fit.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it's kind of Gravedigger and the Stronghold (potentionally) working together - Stronghold brings back Gravedigger, Gravedigger brings back another creature, and that can keep happening as long as Stronghold is in play. In other words, by themselves, Gravedigger is a one-time shot but Stronghold can just keep going and going... so I think that's the bigger threat right now, even if it didn't necessary get going all the way during the game (it might have had it lasted longer and I didn't put out Last Laugh).

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Colorless mana is a potential game changer. (Sarcasm font Courier New, Italicized)
Recursion of a worrisome creature is not that big a deal.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Looks like Mooseman is out of contention, but everyone else is still in the running for the championship.

Week 12 Match-ups
Rokapoke vs. Spiderman
Mooseman vs. Turgy22

R

rokapoke

I'm registering another vote for Spiderman's Circle of Protection: Green.