Sports League: Season 5 Sign-Ups and Info

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, but my deck is only 1 out of 4 total opponent decks... changing it just because of mine seems... overreacting :)

turgy22

Nothing Special
Week 15 Match-ups!
Spiderman vs. Turgy22
Rokapoke vs. Melkor

But first...

Interestingly, this is probably the tightest we've been going into the last week of the regular season. As things stand right now, Spiderman has a narrow lead with a 7-4 record, followed by Rokapoke, Melkor and myself all at 6-5. All four of us are also playing in the last week, so a lot of different things can play out, which I'd like to outline before the games conclude.

So... it's time to play the look-ahead at the tiebreakers game!

Scenarios 1 & 2: Spiderman beats Turgy22
If Spiderman wins, he's in the finals with an 8 - 4 record. In that case, he'll play the winner of the Rokapoke / Melkor game, who will finish with a 7 - 5 record. Myself and the loser will both be eliminated with 6 - 6 records.

Scenario 3: Turgy22 beats Spiderman; Rokapoke beats Melkor
Here's the first situation where things get complicated. In this instance, Melkor will be eliminated with a 6 - 6 record, leaving Spiderman, Rokapoke and myself all tied with 7 - 5 records.So to determine the finalists, we'll look at the head-to-head results between the potential finalists. In that case, they look like this:
Turgy22: 5 - 1 (3 - 0 vs Rokapoke; 2 - 1 vs Spiderman)
Spiderman: 3 - 3 (2 - 1 vs Rokapoke; 1 - 2 vs Turgy22)
Rokapoke: 1 - 5 (1 - 2 vs Spiderman; 0 - 3 vs Turgy22)

So our championship will be between myself and Spiderman. Rokapoke, despite the win, does not buy his way in.

Scenario 4: Turgy22 beats Spiderman; Melkor beats Rokapoke
Same formula as before, but with different results:
Melkor: 4 - 2 (2 - 1 vs Turgy22; 2 - 1 vs Spiderman)
Turgy22: 3 - 3 (2 - 1 vs Spiderman; 1 - 2 vs Melkor)
Spiderman: 2 - 4 (1 - 2 vs Melkor; 1 - 2 vs Turgy22)

So the championship would be between Melkor and myself, with Spiderman left out.

Finally, a summary of what each player needs to get into the championship:
Spiderman: Win OR Loss and Rokapoke win
Turgy22: Win
Melkor: Win
Rokapoke: Win and Spiderman win

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
He didn't play it last game, did he? I think you have to vote for a card that was played during your game.

R

rokapoke

I will cast a vote for Melkor's Godhead of Awe. Definitely a game-breaker.