Sports League: Season 3 Sign-Ups & Info

turgy22

Nothing Special
Time to start up season 3. I'm going to assume that all of last season's participants will be returning. If anyone wants to drop, let me know. Also, if anyone new wants to join, sign up here. I'll keep this post updated to reflect any changes in participating players.

Records
*Melkor (9-3)
*Rokapoke (6-6)
Turgy22 (6-6)
Mooseman (5-7)
Spiderman (4-8)

We'll be using the same rules as last season, except roster limits will be expanded to 55 cards after the draft. Minimum deck size is still 40 cards.

If anyone wants to switch decks with one of the available unused decks found in this spreadsheet, they're welcome to do so. However, if you switch decks, you'll move to the end of each round for the next draft. If multiple people switch decks, the order will be determined based on each player's record from last season (not the deck's record).

Also, if anyone wants to scrap their deck and start over, they can do so. You'll receive three boosters (they must all be different) and maintain your spot in the draft. Obviously, you'll have consistency problems with a three-booster card pool, but it could be manageable if you open good stuff and find people willing to trade.

Everyone gets to choose a booster pack for the upcoming draft. I can generate boosters for any set right now (should have Mirrodin Besieged available before the draft). All the boosters I create will contain 1 rare, 3 uncommons and 11 commons - no basic lands or varying pack sizes. I coded my booster generator for consistency, not authenticity. Mythic rares will show up, but timeshifted and premium (foil) cards will not.

You can post your choice of booster here or PM it to me. Like last season, I don't want the draft to contain two of the same booster. If I get multiple PMs with the same set, I'll ask one of the players to choose another.

Just a reminder that "free agent" cards are available to pick up at any time from now until the draft begins. Just make a swap by dropping a card on your roster and picking one listed as a Free Agent. Once the draft starts, everyone needs to wait until it's over and can then continue making FA acquisitions once their rosters are down to the 55-card limit. Like last season, there will be a priority set on free agent claims made by more than one player in a 24-hour period.

The current priority for free agent claims is as follows (same as last season, coincidentally enough):
1. Mooseman
2. Rokapoke
3. Spiderman
4. Melkor
5. Turgy22

Everyone is also free to make any trades from now until the season begins (including during the draft). You can trade cards OR upcoming draft picks, though if you trade picks, make sure you're specific about exactly which choice is being traded, since there are multiple picks in all rounds except the first.

I think that's everything we need to know to get started. Any questions, comments or suggestions, post here.

turgy22

Nothing Special
Now that I've posted the rules and information, I'd like to announce that I will be dropping my deck and exchanging it for another. So if any new people are interested in joining the Sports League, there's a championship-caliber deck just waiting for someone to pilot it.

I will be switching to a black/blue deck (started as BigBlue's IIRC) and the deck I used last season is now listed as "Deck 1".

Since my new deck is only 45 cards, I will be picking up the following free agent cards to fill my roster to 50:
Serpent Warrior
Brush with Death
Echoing Truth
Fire-field Ogre
Seafloor Debris

turgy22

Nothing Special
I've updated the league spreadsheet with a new schedule and the results to the draft.

Click here to view it.

Also, a reminder that now is the time to cut your rosters down to 55 cards. The new season will officially start on April 25th, so all cuts must be done by then. That's a full two weeks to decide.

I will be cutting the following cards from my roster:
Mountain
Ancient Stirrings
Goblin Legionnaire
Cephalid Snitch
Demonic Appetite
Dark Privilege
Entropic Eidolon
Mangara's Equity

R

rokapoke

How can you cut the Mountain? I can never make the tough decisions like that...

turgy22

Nothing Special
Just a reminder that cuts need to be made by Monday. We can't start the next season until everyone has their card pool down to 55.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
I guess I'm cutting:

Darksteel Citadel
Necromancer's Magemark
Emrakul's Hatcher
Sinew Sliver
Dying Wail
Fissure Vent
Torture
Roar of the Crowd
Geth's Grimoire
Suntouched Myr
Giant Cockroach

turgy22

Nothing Special
Me.

It's weird that it's not working. I had it set to share for anyone with the link. I've changed it to public. Let me know if there's still trouble.

Melkor

I'll drop:
Ghostly Wings
Aquamoeba
Master of the Veil
Dreamscape Artist
Sapphire Charm
Walking Dream
Tower of Fortunes
Mesa Enchantress
Wall of Deceit
Remove Enchantments