So I got a "vent" about something...

Killer Joe

@Spidey: I think I am pretty much dedicated to control decks one way or another as for the others they kinda of mix it up but not much.

Update: I hosted a game night last week and I played with crapola decks and won nearly every game I played in. By crapoloa I mean I lessened the amount of power cards (rares) I used but kept the concept the same.

Killer Joe

Yeah, that was kinda the point with my deck. I wanted to my buddies to see that I was playing lame cards but I won that game anyway.

Killer Joe

More "venting", this is about the league Moosie and I are in called the MML (multiplayer magic league), I do fairly well most of the time so long as I don't have an assassin on my tail. This past Saturday one of our regulars who is a very bad player just flat out said he only plays to target me to take me out and cares little if he wins or eliminates others.

UGH.

We have a point system and I am NOT in the lead, I am in a three way tie for second place with little chance of finishing out on top this year which is okay. The last time I did really bad in this league was when I had a different assassin on my tail but eventually moved out of state.

Mooseman will tell that my decks piss people off because I try to make it very hard to deal me damage but what they don't do is target specific people likes the way these two mooks have done to me.

This guy was getting ripped apart from other players and even as they picked away at his life points he only had me in his sights and I never targeted his stuff or him yet he's out for blood, he said my decks irritate him to no end.

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge....only that's not what I wanted to say.
*facepalm*

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
That sucks,

Well, your deck(s) should be able to hold him off, right? Is no one else taking him out? Because if I know I can take out another player without fear of retribution and get some points for it, I'm gonna do it... it's kinda like a free kill :)

Killer Joe

Oh yeah, others take pot shots at him but why kill him first? They him get me down and then take me out THEN they kill him.

I have a weakness against red direct damage, I just can't seem to dodge it.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Oh yeah, that's true, it's like they have their own hit man against you :D

You might just need a good 'ol CoP: Red. Maybe others can come up with something too ;)

Killer Joe

Witchbane Orb is my new defense but I couldn't get it out and wasn't using a deck that had search cards. This card has been a life-saver for me against direct damage this past summer.

Mooseman

Isengar Tussle
Some players are just there to mess with one person. I even politiced to take out the points leader on FB. I might just pilot a direct damage or quick one person kill to get him out early and see how he likes it.