So I got a "vent" about something...

Oversoul

The Tentacled One
A Burn deck, using red direct damage spells, can potentially get a third-turn kill with Fireblast after using several 3-damage one drops (Lightning Bolt, Chain Lightning, Rift Bolt, Lava Spike), although this is rather unlikely. Fourth or fifth turn kills are quite viable for such decks. The clock slows down a bit more for players lacking certain powerful cards (Fireblast and Chain Lightning are the most probably candidates), but in multiplayer games, one might take additional damage from other players early on.

A decent storm deck can outrace that pretty reliably. The best defense is a good offense. Embrace the combo, KJ. :D

T

Terentius

I'm late to this party, but I introduced two friends to Magic recently, and while they have both taken to it (even both starting their own decks), they're still apprehensive about playing me one on one, and I despise 3 person free-for-all for the same reasons you're describing. We used to do Two-Headed Giant 2 vs 2, where I would play two decks/heads at the same time. We tried Archenemy, but it was too much for them (maybe better 3 vs 1?). Most recently we did the 2HG 2v2 again, but I was a member of both teams and my friends on opposite teams. This way I could help them both defeat the other team, but obviously I would have to remain impartial with my play, as I had insider knowledge on my opponents; essentially make myself play as I normally would without that knowledge.

Do any of those scenarios do anything for ya?

Killer Joe

Yeah but I love free for all magic. Since I started this thread things have cooled down a bit, I have gradually eased up on my decks and making them less focused, I have changed several of them to have up to 25% of my deck be singletons rather than multiple copies. This has helped me not be so big of a target lately.