Singleton Draft 4-Way Refresher Duel: Melkor vs. Ransac vs. Spiderman vs turgy22

turgy22

Nothing Special
My only hope for winning is to keep everyone's life as low as possible. Right now, I can kill Melkor any time I want. I need some help to deal with everyone else.

Untap. Upkeep. Draw.
Kokusho.
Done.

Melkor: 2
Hand: 4 (3?)
Library: 8
In Play:

(T) (T) (T) (T) (T) (T) (T) Island x7
(T) (T) (T) Swamp x3
(T) Tainted Isle (T: 1 or T: U or B, use this only if I control a swamp)
(T) Salt Marsh (T: U or B)
(T) Underground Sea (T: U or B)

(U) Powder Keg: At the beginning of your upkeep you may put a fuse counter on ~. T, Sacrifice ~: Destroy each creature and artifact with converted mana cost equal to the number of fuse counters on ~ (1 counter)
The Abyss: At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player sacrifices target non-artifact creature he or she controls
(T) Morphling: (3/3, U: ~ gains Flying, U: ~ untap this, U: ~ can't be the target of spells or abilities, 1: ~ gains +1/-1 until end of turn, 1: ~ gains -1/+1 until end of turn)

Graveyard: Impulse, Diabolic Edict, Mana Leak, Hymn to Tourach, Dark Confidant, Triskelion, Mind Twist, Misdirection, Island, Merchant Scroll, Undermine, Mana Drain, Swamp, Hypnotic Specter, Control Magic
RFG:Gifts Ungiven

Ransac: 6
Hand: 1
Library: 38
In Play:

(U) Maze of Ith
(U,U,U,T) Island
(U) Tundra (U/W)
(U,T) Plains
(T) Kjeldoran Outpost (T: add W. 1W,T: Make a 1/1 white soldier token)

(U) Mox Sapphirehttp://ww2.wizards.com/Gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?&name=Mox Sapphire
(U) Sensei's Divining Tophttp://ww2.wizards.com/Gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?&name=Sensei's Divining Top

(T) Voice of All (naming blue)

Graveyard: Force Spike, Desertion, Battle Screech, Rout, Ertai, Wizard Adept, Plains, Absorb, Spell Snare, Rout, Akroma-Angel of Wrath, Counterspell
RFG:

Spiderman: 5
Hand: 2
Library: 36
In Play:

(T,T,T,T,U) Plains x5
(T) Swamp
(T) Forest
(T) Hallowed Fountain (Dissension W/U dual land)
(T) Bayou (B/G dual)
(T) Scrubland (W/B dual)
(T) Meteor Crater
(T) Library of Alexandria

Rule of Law (Each player can only play one spell a turn)

(U) Deranged Hermit (1/1, Echo 3GG, All Squirrels get +1/+1)
(S) Exalted Angel (4/5, flying, lifelink)

Graveyard: Genesis, Eternal Dragon, Gaea's Blessing, Isochron Scepter, Samite Ministrations, Armageddon
RFG:

turgy22: 8
Library: 21
In Play:

(U) Strip Mine
(U) City of Brass
(U) Volcanic Island
(T) Badlands
(T) Tainted Peak
(T) Sulfurous Springs
(T) Shivan Reef
(T) Swamp
(T) Mox Jet

(S) Kokusho

(U) Black Vise (Spidey)
(U) Cursed Scroll
(U) Aura Flux

Graveyard: Browbeat, Perplex, Vampiric Tutor, Gorilla Shaman, Pillage, Char, Wheel of Fortune, Mystical Tutor, Time Walk, Fabricate, Bloodstained Mire
RFG:

turgy22

Nothing Special
Ransac said:
Spin the top........ DESERTION!!!!
Huh?
Are you playing Desertion or wishing you had it? If you're playing it, then how many copies do you have in your deck?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Crap! I must have placed back into my deck rather than my graveyard.

*looks through excel file*

Nope... that's not the case.... I probably used the paste shortcut and pasted it twice into my library before shuffling... Oh well...

Redoing response.... Spin the top.... wave my fanny?

Ransac, cpa trash man

Melkor

Well, it sure is a good thing you two focused all your efforts on me, allowing turgy22 to survive and leaving me unable to prevent this turn of events. I'd have to say this is probably the first time in the history of multiplayer games that something like this has happened.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, there's a first for everything :D

Seriously, if you had stopped attacking me with Morphling and maybe someone else (yeah, I know you tried with Ransac), I probably would have left you alone. But after your attacks, it was pretty much do or die at that point.

So if no one has responses to Kokusho, it's your turn...

Melkor

Untap. Upkeep. Draw.

Demonic Tutor

Done

Melkor: 2
Hand: 4
Library: 6
In Play:

(U) (U) (U) (U) (U) (U) (U) Island x7
(U) (U) (U) Swamp x3
(U) Tainted Isle (T: 1 or T: U or B, use this only if I control a swamp)
(U) Salt Marsh (T: U or B)
(U) Underground Sea (T: U or B)

(U) Powder Keg: At the beginning of your upkeep you may put a fuse counter on ~. T, Sacrifice ~: Destroy each creature and artifact with converted mana cost equal to the number of fuse counters on ~ (1 counter)
The Abyss: At the beginning of each player's upkeep, that player sacrifices target non-artifact creature he or she controls
(T) Morphling: (3/3, U: ~ gains Flying, U: ~ untap this, U: ~ can't be the target of spells or abilities, 1: ~ gains +1/-1 until end of turn, 1: ~ gains -1/+1 until end of turn)

Graveyard: Impulse, Diabolic Edict, Mana Leak, Hymn to Tourach, Dark Confidant, Triskelion, Mind Twist, Misdirection, Island, Merchant Scroll, Undermine, Mana Drain, Swamp, Hypnotic Specter, Control Magic

Library: 38
In Play:

(U) Maze of Ith
(U,U,U,T) Island
(U) Tundra (U/W)
(U,T) Plains

(U) Mox Sapphirehttp://ww2.wizards.com/Gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?&name=Mox Sapphire
(U) Sensei's Divining Tophttp://ww2.wizards.com/Gatherer/CardDetails.aspx?&name=Sensei's Divining Top

Graveyard: Force Spike, Desertion, Battle Screech, Rout, Ertai, Wizard Adept, Plains, Absorb, Spell Snare, Rout, Akroma-Angel of Wrath, Counterspell
RFG:

In Play:

(T,T,T,T,U) Plains x5
(T) Swamp
(T) Forest
(T) Bayou (B/G dual)
(T) Scrubland (W/B dual)
(T) Meteor Crater

Graveyard: Genesis, Eternal Dragon, Gaea's Blessing, Isochron Scepter, Samite Ministrations, Armageddon
RFG:

In Play:

(U) Strip Mine
(U) City of Brass
(U) Volcanic Island
(T) Badlands
(T) Tainted Peak
(T) Sulfurous Springs
(T) Shivan Reef
(T) Swamp
(T) Mox Jet

(S) Kokusho

(U) Black Vise (Spidey)
(U) Cursed Scroll
(U) Aura Flux

Graveyard: Browbeat, Perplex, Vampiric Tutor, Gorilla Shaman, Pillage, Char, Wheel of Fortune, Mystical Tutor, Time Walk, Fabricate, Bloodstained Mire
RFG:

Melkor

I had to force the action because as everyone should notice, I only have 6 cards left in my library. Still, we shall see how this end game turns out.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
EOT, spin the top. Untap, Upkeep (create a guy to sac to the Abyss), Draw, Attack Melkor with Voice of All. Whatcha got?

Melkor: 2 (deceased?)
Hand: 4
Library: 6
In Play:

(U) (U) (U) (U) (U) (U) (U) Island x7
(U) (U) (U) Swamp x3
(U) Tainted Isle (T: 1 or T: U or B, use this only if I control a swamp)
(U) Salt Marsh (T: U or B)
(U) Underground Sea (T: U or B)

Library: 37
In Play:

(U) Maze of Ith
(U,U,U,T) Island
(U) Tundra (U/W)
(U,T) Plains

RFG:

In Play:

(T,T,T,T,U) Plains x5
(T) Swamp
(T) Forest
(T) Bayou (B/G dual)
(T) Scrubland (W/B dual)
(T) Meteor Crater

RFG:

In Play:

(U) Strip Mine
(U) City of Brass
(U) Volcanic Island
(T) Badlands
(T) Tainted Peak
(T) Sulfurous Springs
(T) Shivan Reef
(T) Swamp
(T) Mox Jet

(S) Kokusho

(U) Black Vise (Spidey)
(U) Cursed Scroll
(U) Aura Flux

RFG:

Ransac, cpa trash man

Melkor

Well, in addition to first commenting on how foolish attacking me is and how it doesn't serve your interests, I'm going to tap and sacrifice my Powder Keg and see if there are any reactions to that.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Since I realized my defeat anyway, my only goal is to eliminate the player that made this game hell for me. Namely, the guy with The Abyss.

I'll activate the both of the Top's abilities (tapping UU): First the spin, then the draw. I'll get to draw my card first, then rearrange my top three cards. Any responses to this?

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
I actually did not notice Melkor had so few cards in his library... :(

I assume he has a Swamp and Island tapped for the Tutor (not that it may matter soon...)

I have no responses to any of that so far, but since turgy22 has some 1 cc artifacts, he probably has some responses to the blowing of the Keg, so better wait until he gets on.

turgy22

Nothing Special
I'll scroll Ransac for 2, naming and revealing Darksteel Colossus.
I would have saved Melkor, but my only reason for helping him was because he could blow my scroll.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Damage resolves. Is that everything now? Melkor is dead, turgy22's artifacts blow up, and I can move onto Main Phase 2?

Are you boomeranging the Kokusho before he reveals his card? :D

Ransac, cpa trash man

Melkor

Hey, I'll be the bigger man and help you out by returning the Kokusho, but that doesn't mean I like you killing me.