Singleton Draft 4-Way Refresher Duel: Melkor vs. Ransac vs. Spiderman vs turgy22

turgy22

Nothing Special
Yeah. It seems as though you really have my number in this competition.
Good game, though. Well played.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
You're kidding..... I actually won this game!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!?!?!? AND without Scroll Rack!

Braingeyser = saves my keister.

You guys wanna DQ DF so we can move on to round 3 or still wait for him. He's been AWOL since early September.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
:(..... After re-reading the game, I don't think I can take this win...

Remember earlier when I had the extra Desertion (thanks to my rushing through Excel)? The same thing happened with my Rout. I had discarded it earlier to Hymn to Tourach, but still drew it later in the game to be able to cast it later. I still got countered by Melkor's Mana Drain, but it still fished the counter out of his hand.

I'm not sure if it really affected the game that much, but that's two times that I messed up by trying to play two copies of a card.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for your honesty :)

It's really up to Melkor. You cast it in response to his Morphling attack, right? So you'd be dead at that point if the attack was successful?

We could go back to that point in the game if everyone wants, or just let it go.

And yeah, we should DQ DF, since there's no telling when he can get back on.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
The attack wasn't successful anyway. He Mana Drained the Rout. But the fact that my spell fished that counter out of his hand was the impact the mistake had.

So, ready to pair for round three?

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
No no, if the Hymn had caused you to discard it, you wouldn't have had it in your hand to begin with to cast during the attack, right? So not only did it fish the counter out, but the attack would have been successful, right?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
...the attack was STILL successful. ;)

I went from 13 points before the "rout" to 8 points after it. The Morphling attacked, I cast Rout to attempt to stop it, he Mana Drained it, I waved my fanny, and his attack was hit me right above the balls.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ah, got it.

So... does anyone want to restart the game at that point? Or does it not matter since we all know a ctr of Melkor's?

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
Seeing as how this game doesn't matter as far as the tournament goes, I think we can just call it off as a wash.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Melkor

Restarting is definitely more trouble then it is worth, in fact, using the Mana Drain there was a big mistake, when I could have Forbid. Didn't think about the second main phase thing. Anyway, I think Chaosroll will hurt my deck, but I'm prepared to take that chance.

turgy22

Nothing Special
What are we waiting for me for? To restart where Ransac messed up? Or to continue the tournament sans DF? Or to start a new 4-way battle? And what is chaosroll?

I'm in agreement that it's not worth going back to replay the game.
And I thought the tournament was over. Didn't Oversoul and Ransac play for the championship?
I'm up for another game, though. Just let me know what's going on.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Basically 3 & 4. We wanna know if you're in for a 4-way Singleton Chaos Game.

Basically, before a players Untap phase, there's a Chaos Phase where some effect is determined before you actually start your turn. No player effects are allowed (no one gets priority) unless the Chaos effect says so. After the Chaos effect is resolved, the player takes his turn normally.

Also, there is a ChaosWorld in effect for everyone, which is basically like a EnchantWorld. I believe it can be Disenchanted or affected by any "enchantment" effects, but someone can check to make sure.

If you have Apprentice, you can check some effects by the Action tab, Roll Die, and Select ChaosMagic or PersonaLand or EnchantWorld.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
turgy22 said:
And I thought the tournament was over. Didn't Oversoul and Ransac play for the championship?
Why are people so confused over this? It's not a 3 round single-elimination tourney. It's Swiss format, but it's not just 3 rounds. We spent nearly a year drafting these cards. I don't want to waste that on just a couple of games.

I'll figure out the bracket for round 3 in a bit.

Ransac, cpa trash man

turgy22

Nothing Special
Ransac said:
Why are people so confused over this? It's not a 3 round single-elimination tourney. It's Swiss format, but it's not just 3 rounds.
See, I thought it would be a 3-round Swiss tournament. That's all you need to determine a winner. Otherwise, we should have done a round robin where everyone plays everyone else. That would get the most use out of the drafted decks.

Ransac said:
I'll figure out the bracket for round 3 in a bit.
You mean Round 4? Round 3 should have been:
Ransac (2-0) vs. Oversoul (2-0)
Spiderman (1-1) vs. Melkor (1-1)
and, if DF's out:
Turgy22 (1-1) vs. Lythand (1-1)
DarthFerret (0-2) vs. BYE

If you want to keep using the same cards, we can keep having these casual multiplayer games. If you want to keep up the tournament, we should start it over, and reseed everyone based on the previous performance.

Another idea is that we could start a new tournament, but only after doing another few rounds of drafting. Last place finisher gets first pick in the new draft, with the option of getting any undrafted card, including cards from new sets. Come to think of it, we could sort of set up a league, where every year, we do another draft and have a season where everyone plays each other and then have a mini-playoffs or something. And hopefully, we could also set it up so that if people drop or if others want to join, we could expand or trade off cards more easily.

Are any of these ideas interesting anyone? I'm just throwing stuff out there.

Ransac said:
We spent nearly a year drafting these cards. I don't want to waste that on just a couple of games.
Waste? The journey is the destiny. Personally, I think I enjoyed the draft process more than the actual games. Probably because the draft had potential and I didn't realize how crappy my deck was until it was over. Oh well.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I like the idea of starting doing another draft (like the Garbage Draft I suggested a little while back). I also like the idea of re-seeding everyone based on 3 rounds. We haven't had round three, yet, so we can do that.

Also, I'd like to actually have 8 players for a tourney, so I think we should divvy out the unused decks to some other members. Additionally, someone will have to finish drafting out Zigathon's deck.

Someone start a new thread for this.

Ransac, cpa trash man

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Well, this discussion should probably go in the general Singleton chatter thread, but it's probably buried so far that it's not worth finding. We can keep discussing here, I think. :)

I'm up for anything. I like all of the proposed ideas. Maybe someone else wants to step in and try to take over a MIA deck?