Selecting 10th Edition

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
I'm pulling for Earthquake and the Tempest Block lands (or Mercadien Masques). Don't want any Hurricane to muck up my big blue flyers.

Ransac, cpa trash man

L

Limited

I thought voting for all the artists and specific cards was too much.. in the end I just filled in the blanks.

And I went with Earthquake, just because its not as good :)

H

hrothmar

Kamigawa lands... basically because I like the kamigawa mountains.

Daren Bader... just to spite Jorael.

Hurricane... hurricane

L

Limited

I choose Kamigawa lands (Swamps are nice too), Mercadian Masques and Mirage (the forests are hidious, but I love a certain Mirage Swamp) (2nd one)

J

jorael

Didn't do the voting. I have noted Hrothmar's comment though...
Some day in the near future I'll have another Bader-Special.dec for multiplayer madness.

Why this obsession? Our playgroup once did a sealed game with 'self made redistributed packs). I played Limited one game and almost had him to 0 life with my Flowstone Hellion. Then one turn before alpha striking Limited played Circle of Protection: Artist naming Daren Bader. Turns went by during each of us didn't draw anything usefull. Until I finally got another creature: Spire Golem. I was very happy and was already doing a victory dance. Until Limited asked who the artist is.

Daren Bader

Again.

My friends got a laugh and I just made myself a fool. Since then I get reminded whenever a card by Daren Bader is played.... ;)

N

Nightstalkers

Hurricane hasn't been reprinted since 7th, and Earthquake has been around forever... It's really a split right now without any idea as to how useful either will be in the coming sets.

Gaia response:
Atog 4.0 said:
The correct choices are Hurricane, and any combination of Mirage, Kamigawa, and other random basic land arts.

Remember, kiddies, if you vote for Earthquake, you're a commie!

N

Nightstalkers

But earthquake has been around forever. And Hurricane is neat and all... but... there are more ground thumpers than those pesky flying critters.

O

orgg

I remember I went for Masques and Oddy block lands, and I forgot the other two (I was going for Ice Age, but it wasn't there... :cry:

I went for Earthquake. Why? Hurricane is easily avaible as it was Uncommon for many printings, and isn't as useful in tournament play. However, Earthquake is quite useful for tournaments, and has always been Rare and thus not as easily avaible. Earthquake is also more in flavor for red than Hurricane's player-hitting direct damage.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Second Round

Hurricane won.

Now it's Auriok Champion vs Paladin en-Vec.

And you're choosing the best basic land from each five types from the Ravnica expansion.

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
:( My flyers.........

Oh well, Skies will fly another day. I'm a huge fan of both the Champion and the Paladin. While the Paladin MAY BE from my cycle (Rath Cycle), the Champion has a better function. A Soul Warden with extra protection for one more W is pretty solid for me.

Ransac, cpa trash man

O

orgg

I canna believe that Hurricane won... so it goes.

As for the Paladin, I can't vote for it.

I would, but then I'd have to choose some Ravnica block land arts, and I don't think they really 'fit' what a basic land should look like.

N

Nightstalkers

Someone definitely needs to be shot for that ravnica vote... that was just plain craptastic. I alreayd knew that hurricane would win. A card that isn't used all that often seems to be a smarter choice than one that is used too often.

Auriok Champion should be a fun choice tho.

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Ravnica was just the top expansion with the most votes and you're just voting for one card from each basic land. Then you'll do the same for the next expansion with the second-highest votes, down to the expansion with the fourth-highest votes.

They're basically taking one basic land art from each of the five lands from the top 4 expansions.

N

Nightstalkers

Still.... someone should be shot. It's like someone choosing a snow-covered land art for a basic land artwork.... Umm... yeah...

But what's everyones opinion on the champions? Thusfar I've heard a quiet murmer.