Second Singleton Draft, Round 1: Spidey vs Modus Pwnens

M

Modus Pwnens

You're so boring :D

Eot I'll attempt to play Fact or Fiction. Response?

M

Modus Pwnens

Interesting, I reveal Covetous Dragon, Draining Whelk, Strip Mine, Bribery and Solemn Simulacrum.

M

Modus Pwnens

I'll go for the big pile.

Untap, upkeep, draw.

Activate Metalworker, revealing Darksteel Colossus, Smokestack and Solemn Simulacrum. Play Solemn (2 in pool). Response?

M

Modus Pwnens

I'll fetch an Island. Tap City to cast Smokestack. Response?

M

Modus Pwnens

Ah, you finally want to fight eh?

I'll tap all lands except Desert to play Draining Whelk. Response?

M

Modus Pwnens

There I go in an attempt to update the board.

Done anyway.

Modus Pwnens: 19
Library: 22
Hand: 5
Play

(U) Desert (T: 1. T: 1 damage to target attacking creature, play only in end of combat step)
(T) Shivan Reef (T: 1. T: U/R, take 1 damage)
(T) Mountain
(T) Island
(T) Vesuva (Tundra)
(T) City of Traitors (T: 2. When you play a land card, sacrifice ~)

(T) Basalt Monolith (T: 3. 3: Untap. Doesn't untap during untap step.)
(U) Smokestack (Stuff with Soot counters, y'know) *0 counters*

(T) Metalworker (1/2, T, Reveal any number of artifact cards in your hand: add 2 to your mana pool for each card revealed this way)
(S) Solemn Simulacrum (2/2, when ~ comes into play, search your library for a basic land card and put it into play taped. when ~ leaves play, draw a card)
(S) Draining Whelk (6/6, flying, flash, when ~ comes into play, counter target spell, then put a number of +1/+1 counters on ~ equal to that spells converted mana cost) *5 counters*

GY: Juggernaut
RFG:

Spiderman: 19
Library: 43
Hand: 4
Play:

(U) Tundra (W/U dual)
(U) Nimbus Maze (T: Add 1 to my mana pool. T: Add W to my mana pool. Play this ability only if I control a Plains. T: Add U to my mana pool. Play this ability only if I control an Island)
(U) Forbidding Watchtower (~ CIP tapped. T: Add W to my mana pool. 1W: ~ becomes a white 1/5 Soldier creature ueot. It's still a land)
(U,U) Plains x2

Legacy's Allure (At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put a treasure ctr on ~. Sac ~: Gain control of target creature with power less than or equal to the # of treasure ctrs on ~. (This effect doesn't end aeot)) *4 treasure ctr*

(U) Azorius Signet (1, T: Add WU to my mana pool)

GY: Merchant Scroll, Thoughtbind, Desertion
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep - treasure ctr, Draw

Mana Vault
Balance
Responses?

Modus Pwnens: 19
Hand: 5
Play

(U) Desert (T: 1. T: 1 damage to target attacking creature, play only in end of combat step)
(T) Mountain
(T) Island
(T) Vesuva (Tundra)
(T) City of Traitors (T: 2. When you play a land card, sacrifice ~)

(T) Metalworker (1/2, T, Reveal any number of artifact cards in your hand: add 2 to your mana pool for each card revealed this way)
(S) Solemn Simulacrum (2/2, when ~ comes into play, search your library for a basic land card and put it into play taped. when ~ leaves play, draw a card)
(S) Draining Whelk (6/6, flying, flash, when ~ comes into play, counter target spell, then put a number of +1/+1 counters on ~ equal to that spells converted mana cost) *5 counters*

GY: Juggernaut
RFG:

Library: 42
Hand: 3
Play:

(U) Tundra (W/U dual)
(U) Nimbus Maze (T: Add 1 to my mana pool. T: Add W to my mana pool. Play this ability only if I control a Plains. T: Add U to my mana pool. Play this ability only if I control an Island)
(U) Forbidding Watchtower (~ CIP tapped. T: Add W to my mana pool. 1W: ~ becomes a white 1/5 Soldier creature ueot. It's still a land)
(T,T) Plains x2

Legacy's Allure (At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put a treasure ctr on ~. Sac ~: Gain control of target creature with power less than or equal to the # of treasure ctrs on ~. (This effect doesn't end aeot)) *5 treasure ctr*

(U) Azorius Signet (1, T: Add WU to my mana pool)
(U) Mana Vault (~ doesn't untap during my untap step. At the beginningof my upkeep, I may pay 4. If I do, untap ~. At the beginning of my draw step, if ~ is tapped, ~ deals 1 dmg to me. T: Add 3 to my mana pool)

GY: Merchant Scroll, Thoughtbind, Desertion, Balance
RFG:

M

Modus Pwnens

Ouch, but no reponse :)
I'll sacrifice City of Traitors and will discard Darksteel Colossus and something else (don't know yet, won't really matter)

Ransac

CPA Trash Man
MP: Don't you have another part of your draft analysis to post? I'm going to wait until you post your second one to post my third one. :D

Ransac, cpa trash man

M

Modus Pwnens

Yea, sorry, I'll try to work on it.. I'm just spending a lot of time testing standard decks these days :)

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Hey, talk to him in your own thread! :D

Make my guy a creature via the Maze and Signet
Attack for 1

Done

Modus Pwnens: 18
Play

(T) Mountain
(T) Island
(T) Vesuva (Tundra)

GY: Juggernaut, City of Traitors, Darksteel Colossus, another card from hand, Metalworker, Solemn Simulacrum, Draining Whelk
RFG:

Play:

(U) Tundra (W/U dual)
(T) Nimbus Maze (T: Add 1 to my mana pool. T: Add W to my mana pool. Play this ability only if I control a Plains. T: Add U to my mana pool. Play this ability only if I control an Island)
(T) Forbidding Watchtower (~ CIP tapped. T: Add W to my mana pool. 1W: ~ becomes a white 1/5 Soldier creature ueot. It's still a land)
(T,T) Plains x2

Legacy's Allure (At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put a treasure ctr on ~. Sac ~: Gain control of target creature with power less than or equal to the # of treasure ctrs on ~. (This effect doesn't end aeot)) *5 treasure ctr*

(T) Azorius Signet (1, T: Add WU to my mana pool)
(U) Mana Vault (~ doesn't untap during my untap step. At the beginningof my upkeep, I may pay 4. If I do, untap ~. At the beginning of my draw step, if ~ is tapped, ~ deals 1 dmg to me. T: Add 3 to my mana pool)

RFG:

M

Modus Pwnens

I've drawn another card when the Solemn died btw.

Untap, upkeep (sac 0, add soot counter), draw.
Academy Ruins, done.

Play

(U) Shivan Reef (T: 1. T: U/R, take 1 damage)
(U) Mountain
(U) Island
(U) Vesuva (Tundra)
(U) Academy Ruins (T: 1. 1U, T: put target artifact card in your graveyard on the top of your library)

(U) Smokestack (Stuff with Soot counters, y'know) *1 counter*

GY: Juggernaut, City of Traitors, Darksteel Colossus, another card from hand, Metalworker, Solemn Simulacrum, Draining Whelk
RFG:

Play:

(U) Tundra (W/U dual)
(T) Nimbus Maze (T: Add 1 to my mana pool. T: Add W to my mana pool. Play this ability only if I control a Plains. T: Add U to my mana pool. Play this ability only if I control an Island)
(T) Forbidding Watchtower (~ CIP tapped. T: Add W to my mana pool. 1W: ~ becomes a white 1/5 Soldier creature ueot. It's still a land)
(T,T) Plains x2

RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Untap, upkeep - sac a Plains, add a treasure ctr, Draw

Make the Watchtower a creature via the Plains and Signet
Attack with it
Responses/blocks/take it?

Play

(U) Mountain
(U) Island
(U) Vesuva (Tundra)
(U) Academy Ruins (T: 1. 1U, T: put target artifact card in your graveyard on the top of your library)

RFG:

Library: 41
Play:

(U) Tundra (W/U dual)
(T) Plains

Legacy's Allure (At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put a treasure ctr on ~. Sac ~: Gain control of target creature with power less than or equal to the # of treasure ctrs on ~. (This effect doesn't end aeot)) *6 treasure ctr*

GY: Merchant Scroll, Thoughtbind, Desertion, Balance, Plains
RFG:

Spiderman

Administrator
Staff member
Mishra's Factory

Done

Modus Pwnens: 17
Play

(U) Mountain
(U) Island
(U) Vesuva (Tundra)

RFG:

Library: 41
Play:

(U) Tundra (W/U dual)
(U) Mishra's Factory (T: Add 1 to my mana pool. 1: ~ becomes a 2/2 Assembly-Worker artifact creature ueot. It's still a land. T: Target Assemby-Worker gets +1/+1 ueot)
(T) Plains

Legacy's Allure (At the beginning of my upkeep, I may put a treasure ctr on ~. Sac ~: Gain control of target creature with power less than or equal to the # of treasure ctrs on ~. (This effect doesn't end aeot)) *6 treasure ctr*

GY: Merchant Scroll, Thoughtbind, Desertion, Balance, Plains
RFG: